Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Terese Willis (Rebekah Elmaloglou)

Exclamation Terese Willis (Rebekah Elmaloglou)

Neighbours' Willis family are at the centre of more drama on UK screens this week as Imogen finally breaks down and admits that she has an eating disorder.

After weeks of denying her problem, Imogen's resolve crumbles after her worried mum Terese finds evidence of her food binges.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Rebekah Elmaloglou, who plays Terese, for a chat about the storyline and life at Neighbours.

After a few months filming at Neighbours now, how's it all going?
    "I'm absolutely loving it. The cast and crew are just incredible, and they've been so welcoming. It's been lovely to work with the younger cast, who are new to the industry but very professional. I'm also really loving working with the established cast who have been there for years. It's really exciting and I'm so pleased to be part of the Neighbours family."

We've seen lots of positive feedback for Terese, so you must be pleased with how people are responding to her!
    "Absolutely. I've just found out recently that people are really loving her, so I'm stoked about that. She's so much fun to play, as there are so many different sides to her. On one hand you have the smart and career-minded woman, but then there's also the softer side we see when she's with her family. I think that softer side is starting to come out a little bit more now, and you'll see that on screen soon.

"Terese is my dream role and I'm having a ball playing her. People also seem to be enjoying the Terese/Paul interaction, which is so much fun to do."

What was Imogen's eating disorder storyline like to film?
    "It was amazing. Ariel Kaplan, who plays Imogen, is a beautiful little actress and she's been amazing with that whole storyline. It was very much Ariel's storyline and I was there as a support for her, but the feedback for both of us has been fantastic. It's a hard storyline to do, but people have really taken it on board. I'm really happy that Ariel has been acknowledged for the brilliant work she's done on the storyline.

"We also had a beautiful director, Fiona Banks, who directed the full-on block where the story comes to a head. She was amazing too, as she was very soft and calm with us during those scenes. It was a lovely storyline to work on."

Terese tries to comfort Imogen
    © Channel 5
    Terese tries to comfort Imogen

Will we see a lot of guilt from Terese and Brad for not noticing Imogen's problems?
    "Yes, because so much of their attention has been focused on Josh and his storylines. This situation with Imogen makes them wake up and realise that they have been neglecting her. There is an element of regret that they weren't more in tune with Imogen and her problems."

How strong would you say Terese and Brad's marriage is?
    "It's absolutely solid. That's the interesting thing, because everyone's asking, 'Will Terese and Paul get together?' or 'Will Brad and Lauren get together?' Everyone has been asking me that, but at this stage, definitely not.

"Who knows what might happen down the track, but at this stage the producers have been telling us that their marriage is on track. They're very strong as a couple and they love each other very much. Although they're very different, they work together well and I think that's often the case with marriages in real life."

There's always a lot of expectation when a new family joins the show. Were you nervous about that?
    "I wasn't nervous about the family - I just knew that the character I'd been cast as was fantastic. I just love every aspect of her. I actually didn't know too much about the family at first, I just knew that the producers were changing the show by bringing in new families and giving things a bit of an upheaval.

"It was only later that I found out how full-on things would be, with the Willis and Turner families having a connection and things like that. But I think the family are working really well together."

The Willis Family; Brad, Terese, Imogen and Josh.
    © Channel 5
    The Willis Family; Brad, Terese, Imogen and Josh.

Are you hoping that we meet Terese and Brad's other daughter Piper before too long?
    "I think it's definitely on the cards. It's something that we haven't talked about too much with the producers at this stage, but we are starting to talk about her in the storylines, which is nice. It'd be great to add in another dynamic with her, because she's 14 and so a little bit younger. I'd like to see her come in for sure."

We know that Melissa Bell recently returned for another stint as Lucy Robinson. Did you share many scenes together?
    "I have had a few scenes with her. Melissa is absolutely gorgeous and lovely to work with. I've worked with her before in the industry and it was great to see her back on Neighbours. I think the viewers love seeing familiar faces return to the show. There's a few scenes with Terese and Lucy, but Lucy is mostly interacting with Paul and having storylines with him this time."

What are your memories of your time on Home and Away as Sophie Simpson?
    "It was an amazing learning platform to work on a show from the age of 15 to 19. It was incredible. I lapped it up and loved every minute of it. I loved the character of Sophie and still do. I also loved working with the people there - some of them are still working at Home and Away, while others have gone back a few times. I have very fond memories."

Does that soap background help you much with Neighbours?
    "It does, as the two shows are really similar with the way they're shot. The only difference is that we film six episodes a week on Neighbours, compared to the five that Home and Away does. We're working at a much faster pace but I thrive doing that - I really enjoy working at that speed.

"It's just amazing now to be working with such incredible people who I've admired over the years and met at various awards and events. I have a great deal of respect for them, so the first day I stepped onto Ramsay Street, I was a little bit starstruck! But they've all welcomed me with open arms and it's been a great experience."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

blue2 (30-09-2013)

Neighbours fans will see Terese Willis's paranoia go into overdrive once she learns of her husband Brad's secret kiss with his ex Lauren Turner.

Brad (Kip Gamblin) and Lauren (Kate Kendall) briefly turned to each other for comfort earlier this year as they struggled to cope with their emotional search for their long-lost daughter.

After weeks of Brad and Lauren keeping the betrayal to themselves, viewers in Australia have seen the truth begin to come out this week as part of the show's dramatic tornado storyline.

Scenes due to air in the UK in a fortnight's time see Lou Carpenter (Tom Oliver) get rushed to hospital after being caught up in the disaster, before drowsily referring to Lauren's secret in front of her husband Matt.

With Matt suspicious, Lauren is forced to confess all and it's not long before Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou) finds out about the secret kiss too.

In the aftermath, the strongest reaction comes from Terese as she is adamant that Brad should have no further contact with Lauren.

Now unable to trust her husband, Terese even suggests to Matt (Josef Brown) that they should team up to monitor the movements of their partners and make sure that history isn't repeating itself.

A Neighbours source told Digital Spy: "Terese is determined to keep Brad and Lauren away from each other, but Matt is less sure about her way of going about things.

"In the end, Matt turns to Toadie for advice and Toadie reminds him that marriages need trust to survive. Will Matt be part of Terese's plans?"

Terese spoilers
    October 13, 2014 at 2:27am
    Into temptation
    Terese walks out on Brad and straight into the comforting arms of Paul Robinson.

Neighbours Terese is seriously tempted by Paul, as her marriage to Brad crumbles. The recent discovery that Paige is Brad and Lauren's biological daughter has left the Willis marriage in crisis thanks to Terese's ongoing efforts to erase her stepdaughter from their lives. When Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou) changes tactics and invites Paige (Olympia Valance) to live in the Willis house, her guilt over her veiled attempt to keep Paige and Lauren (Kate Kendall) separated at all costs overwhelms her until she confesses everything to Brad (Kip Gamblin).

As Brad realises that his wife must be his main priority, Terese's attempts to repair the damage to her family backfire badly when she gives into temptation and pores over Lauren's private journal. The contents of the diary leave her so rocked to think that Brad would prefer a family with Lauren she struggles to accepts his pledge of commitment to her. However, Matt's (Josef Brown) interpretation of his wife's words prompt a wakeup call for Terese when Matt sternly suggests that Mrs Willis stops blaming Lauren for her own marriage problems as their difficulties go way beyond any trouble Lauren could cause them.

Suddenly, it dawns on Terese that Brad was as equally responsible for kissing Lauren in Adelaide as she was. Shocked, she throws herself at her husband but when sexual sparks elude them, Terese breaks down, crying to Brad that she's become Beth and that Lauren is now her in reference to Terese being the other woman in Brad's first marriage to Beth. Although the couple agrees to sort out their problems, Terese's skittishness over the looming conversation delays the inevitable, especially when Brad's returned father Doug (Terence Donovan) suggest that Brad could have had a future with Lauren if his life had turned out differently.

Once again confronted with the sight of Brad and Lauren in a happy family moment with their daughter, a desperate Terese corners Brad and drops the bombshell on him that because their marital problems are all her fault, she has no other option but to walk away from their marriage! Brad is helpless as Terese moves into Lassiter Hotel and while Doug gives his son the opportunity to honestly pursue his feelings for Lauren, Terese seeks solace from her loneliness with a surprisingly understanding Paul. Drawn in by Paul's charms, Terese is soon confronted by the idea of having an affair as a seductive Paul considers further undermining the Willis marriage.

Source: Soap World November 2014

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chicken Little For This Useful Post:

badirene (16-10-2014), Emilayyyy (14-10-2014), Louisa Marshall (14-10-2014)

Terese spoilers
    October 13, 2014 at 2:27am
    Into temptation
    Terese walks out on Brad and straight into the comforting arms of Paul Robinson.

Neighbours Terese is seriously tempted by Paul, as her marriage to Brad crumbles. The recent discovery that Paige is Brad and Lauren's biological daughter has left the Willis marriage in crisis thanks to Terese's ongoing efforts to erase her stepdaughter from their lives. When Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou) changes tactics and invites Paige (Olympia Valance) to live in the Willis house, her guilt over her veiled attempt to keep Paige and Lauren (Kate Kendall) separated at all costs overwhelms her until she confesses everything to Brad (Kip Gamblin).

As Brad realises that his wife must be his main priority, Terese's attempts to repair the damage to her family backfire badly when she gives into temptation and pores over Lauren's private journal. The contents of the diary leave her so rocked to think that Brad would prefer a family with Lauren she struggles to accepts his pledge of commitment to her. However, Matt's (Josef Brown) interpretation of his wife's words prompt a wakeup call for Terese when Matt sternly suggests that Mrs Willis stops blaming Lauren for her own marriage problems as their difficulties go way beyond any trouble Lauren could cause them.

Suddenly, it dawns on Terese that Brad was as equally responsible for kissing Lauren in Adelaide as she was. Shocked, she throws herself at her husband but when sexual sparks elude them, Terese breaks down, crying to Brad that she's become Beth and that Lauren is now her in reference to Terese being the other woman in Brad's first marriage to Beth. Although the couple agrees to sort out their problems, Terese's skittishness over the looming conversation delays the inevitable, especially when Brad's returned father Doug (Terence Donovan) suggest that Brad could have had a future with Lauren if his life had turned out differently.

Once again confronted with the sight of Brad and Lauren in a happy family moment with their daughter, a desperate Terese corners Brad and drops the bombshell on him that because their marital problems are all her fault, she has no other option but to walk away from their marriage! Brad is helpless as Terese moves into Lassiter Hotel and while Doug gives his son the opportunity to honestly pursue his feelings for Lauren, Terese seeks solace from her loneliness with a surprisingly understanding Paul. Drawn in by Paul's charms, Terese is soon confronted by the idea of having an affair as a seductive Paul considers further undermining the Willis marriage.

Source: Soap World November 2014

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chicken Little For This Useful Post:

Eatdrinklove (16-10-2014)

Also ahead on Neighbours, Terese Willis faces temptation when she stumbles across Lauren Turner's diary.

Determined to make up for all the trouble she has caused for Paige (Olympia Valance), Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou) decides to host a lunch for her and Brad (Kim Gamblin).

However, when Paige injures herself at work, Brad cancels lunch to spend time with her and Lauren, unaware that Terese has made such an effort.

When Terese later drops the food off to the Turners later as a gesture of goodwill, she is surprised to find Lauren's journal lying around.

Desperate to know how Lauren really feels for Brad, Terese is unable to resist temptation and starts to read it, but what will she discover?

Terese finds Lauren's journal.
    © Channel 5
    Terese finds Lauren's journal.

Terese reads the journal.
    © Channel 5
    Terese reads the journal.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, November 5 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Also ahead on Ramsay Street, Terese Willis grows closer to Paul Robinson later this month as her problems with husband Brad increase.

Believing distance is the best thing for her and Brad's marriage, Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou) checks into a hotel.

While Doug can't understand why Terese has abandoned her family, Brad is forced to admit his infidelity and Doug sympathises with the difficulty that Terese has faced.

Doug asks Brad to be honest with himself and think about whether he wants to be with Lauren instead, but Brad insists that he loves Terese.

Meanwhile, Terese is throwing herself into work at the hotel and later meets with Paul to discuss business.

When Paul encourages her to open up about her problems, Terese confides in him about her marriage crisis, feeling relieved to have someone to talk to.

Later that evening, Paul convinces Terese not to run home at the first sign of loneliness and Terese finds herself tempted by his offer of having a drink together. Does Paul have an ulterior motive?

Terese has a drink with Paul.
    © Channel 5
    Terese has a drink with Paul.

Terese confides in Paul.
    © Channel 5
    Terese confides in Paul.

Terese and Paul get closer.
    © Channel 5
    Terese and Paul get closer.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, November 26 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (16-11-2014)

In that bottom pic, I don`t think it`s Terese`s eyes that Paul is staring at

Also ahead on Ramsay Street, Terese Willis will find her strained marriage with Brad coming under more fire as Paul Robinson continues to meddle.

When Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou) confides in Paul that she once stopped herself from having an affair with a work colleague years ago and accidentally lets slip that his name was Ezra, Paul deviously tracks down his number.

When Terese runs into Ezra the following day at a work conference organised by Paul, she is flustered to see him and embarrasses herself.

Although Terese suspects that Paul is behind Ezra's sudden appearance, she struggles to work out exactly what he is up to, and it becomes clear that Ezra is also suspicious of Paul's motives.

Later, Terese catches up with Ezra and is reminded of the rapport they once had. As they share their suspicions about Paul, they agree to ignore them and just enjoy catching up.

However, when Brad arrives and sees a moment of warmth between them, he is hurt and upset, believing Ezra is the businessman Terese has always wanted him to be.

Despite Terese's protests that nothing is going on with Ezra, Brad refuses to believe her. Feeling frustrated after yet another row with Brad, Terese asks Ezra if he would like to go for a drink with her...

Brad becomes jealous of Ezra
    © Channel 5
    Brad becomes jealous of Ezra

Terese grows closer to Ezra
    © Channel 5

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, December 3 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Neighbours regular Terese Willis made a heartbreaking decision on UK screens yesterday (November 25) as she decided to walk out on her husband Brad.

Following weeks of tension between the couple, Terese realised that she needed space and announced that she was moving into Lassiters.

Whether there's any future for Terese and Brad remains to be seen, but in the meantime she will soon face temptation when she comes face-to-face with an old flame.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Rebekah Elmaloglou - who plays Terese - to hear her thoughts on the Willis storyline, her character's future and Neighbours' upcoming 30th anniversary.

Have you enjoyed filming this storyline?
    "Yeah, I love all of my storylines! It's good to explore different things as it keeps the fun and the excitement in my job, so I've really loved it. It was hard because I loved the fact that Brad and Terese were so solid at the beginning, but as with most marriages in life, you do have your ups and downs and obviously Brad and Terese are experiencing that now.

"I'm really enjoying seeing Terese on different levels and with some of the scenes coming up, you see a different side of her."

When Terese moves out and checks into the hotel, does she think her marriage is over?
    "I don't think Terese thinks her marriage is over at all. It's just a matter of her suddenly realising that she can't blame Lauren or Paige for her problems. The problems are actually within the marriage itself, so she needs a bit of time out to figure out what's going on with her and Brad as a couple.

"Terese is not moving out because of a final decision over her marriage, it's just that the last six to twelve months have been so overwhelming and she needs space. Who knows whether moving into Lassiters is really a good idea, but it's just a way for her to take some time out of the Ramsay Street situation."

© Channel 5
    Terese and Ezra

In the next few episodes, we'll see Terese catch up with Ezra, a guy that she previously had feelings for. What can you tell us about that?
    "Initially my concern was that people would see it as Terese trying to get a bit of payback, but actually it's just Terese in a very vulnerable situation. She's been through so much with Brad and Lauren's kiss and Paige's arrival.

"I certainly didn't see this as Terese trying to get back at Brad, it's just her being so confused at the moment. It's Paul Robinson who finds out about Ezra and arranges for him to come to Erinsborough, so he's putting Terese in a very vulnerable situation where a past desire returns.

"There's so much going on at home, so Terese falls into a trap and gets caught up in a situation. It was challenging to film, but it was something a little bit different, which I liked."

It seems that Paul is really meddling in Terese's marriage! Does this mean he could have feelings for her?
    "With the whole Paul and Terese relationship, from the start it's been power against power. I love their relationship and I think it's fantastic. With this storyline, there's that teaser of, 'Is Paul actually in love with Terese?' We're left to wonder what his intentions are when he organises for Ezra to come into the situation and try to rock the boat with the marriage.

"I think viewers will certainly think Paul is up to something! As for why, we still wonder that and we probably always will. Who knows whether anything will happen? I'm still in the dark and so is Stefan Dennis."

What would you like to happen?
    "I know that Stefan and I don't want our characters to get involved too soon, because it would kind of ruin it. We like their feisty, power-play relationship. We're hoping that the producers hold off on that, if they do have it in mind. I mean, they probably don't - we don't know!

"With this whole storyline, it's not flirtatious but you definitely see something ticking in Paul's mind. With him getting Ezra into town, we question why he does that. Could it just be a payback because Paul doesn't like Brad? It's an interesting storyline, but I know viewers will think that Paul probably wants to get Terese into bed!"

Terese has made some bad choices this year, like reading Lauren's diary and being frosty towards Paige. Do you enjoy playing those scenes, or would you prefer her to always be the nice guy?
    "I know Terese isn't very popular at the moment! With any character, these sorts of things turn around constantly. There may have been some choices I've made as an actor where I probably would have played things a little bit differently, but as far as Terese goes, any woman who's been through what she has would definitely freak out a little bit!

"Terese has moved into a new town where her husband's ex-girlfriend lives across the road, then she's found out they've actually got a child together, and then she's found out that they've kissed so there's obviously a connection going on there. Terese has been through a lot and then with having the daughter turn up too, it has been very difficult for her.

"Terese is tough but she's also got a soft, sweet motherly side to her. That does come out occasionally and I think a lot of viewers will start looking at her in a different light in the future. She has been through quite a bit, but I don't think she's very liked at the moment!"

Can you see Paige and Terese ever getting along properly?
    "I really hope so. This is just my speculation, but I can see Terese taking Paige under her wing. I think Terese does get to the point where she accepts the fact that Paige is there and she's not going anywhere. That means she has to take Paige under her wing, and I hope that happens. With storylines that we've been filming lately, I can see it going that way.

"All I know is that Olympia [Valance] and I get along like a house on fire in real life. We're like two little peas in a pod! I adore her and I've taken her under my wing as an older actor looking after a younger actor. I love working with her and I think she's great, so I hope we have a lot more nice storylines in the future."

Some people have suggested that Matt and Terese should get together! How would you feel if that happened?
    "I haven't heard that one, so I haven't thought about it! I can't really see it, though, as I see Lauren and Matt being quite solid. They can get through their issues a little bit quicker than Brad and Terese do. I can't see that but who knows, it's television so anything can happen!"

Matt walks on Terese reading Lauren's journal
    © Channel 5
    Matt and Terese

Have you enjoyed having Anne Charleston and Ian Smith (Madge and Harold) on set recently?
    "I haven't actually had any scenes with them, but it was just such an honour to meet them and see them at work. There's absolute great respect for them on set. We were all a little bit in awe of them, in a way! They're such legendary and classic characters, so how could you not be?!

"It's been wonderful having them back. I wish I'd had some scenes with them actually, but unfortunately Terese missed out on that storyline!"

Are you excited about the show's 30th anniversary?
    "There's such a buzz at work and it's so huge. It's really exciting and I'm so honoured to be a part of it. To become a cast member last year and be on the show at this amazing time is fantastic. We're having such a fabulous time. We're shooting amazing promos, we're doing lots of interviews and there's so much exciting stuff.

"It feels like there's almost a bit of a resurgence. We all feel pretty special right now, so it's great. The media and everybody else seems to know about the anniversary, and you have to admit that it's a pretty incredible feat. It's amazing that shows like Neighbours and also EastEnders have been going for so long. It's incredible."

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Smp81 (19-06-2017), tammyy2j (26-11-2014)

neighbours

does teresa get raped?

Thread Information