Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rose (Kirsty Marillier)

Rose (Kirsty Marillier)

Kirsty Marillier has joined H&A & started filming as new character, Rose. She will be seen onscreen early in the new year (Aust pace).

Daily Telegraph article (subscriber only):

Home and Away: new cast member Kirsty Marillier
    New Home and Away cast member Kirsty Marillier already has big plans after just five weeks of filming.

More than three decades in and Home and Away is still delivering new talent to the world stage.

The popular Aussie TV soap has become known for nurturing unknown actors and training them up before they head to Hollywood.

In the case of new cast member Kirsty Marillier, the 31-year-old already has big plans after just five weeks of filming.

?It is pretty life changing, I am not going to lie,? Marillier said of landing the acting job.

?It is really like that big break you crave and wish for as a student and young actor.

?It really is the break that I always wanted to be a series regular on a show like this, which is so iconic as a part of the Australian cannon, and to be acting every day, exercising that muscle, learning on set from everyone around me, it truly is like something I feel so humbled to have been offered.?

Marillier was previously known for her work in the theatre sector, most notably in the stage production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in Melbourne.

She studied acting at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) and will make her on-screen debut as the character of Rose early next year.

?I feel like I will grow so much being in Summer Bay,? she said.

?And getting to shoot this amount of content, the amount I?ve already done already, is an experience that will make me prepared for Hollywood, prepared for America, and just a really strong working actor, which is what I?ve always wanted to be. And to have a full-time job during a global pandemic as an actor is something to be cherished.?

Born in South Africa near Durban, Marillier?s parents moved to Australian when she was just 10 seeking a better life for the family.

Some of Marillier?s early memories in Australia were of watching the soap that has been on air since 1988 and provided a start for the likes of Isla Fisher, Chris Hemsworth and the late Heath Ledger.

?I have really distinct memories of watching Home and Away when I was about 11,? she recalled. ?It was like seeing a utopia on screen with the beach culture. I was like, ?who are these beautiful people in this beautiful place called Summer Bay.?

And the Daily Mail article with some photos:

Meet Summer Bay's newest resident! Stunning actress Kirsty Marillier is the latest to join the cast of Home and Away and hopes the long-running soap is her ticket to Hollywood stardom.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...oins-show.html

Home and Away has been the training ground for countless Aussie actors who have gone on to make it big in Hollywood.

And actress Kirsty Marillier is hoping to follow in the footsteps of Chris Hemsworth, Isla Fisher and Melissa George, as she makes her big debut as the soap's new character Rose................

And the DS article:

Home and Away casts Kirsty Marillier as new character Rose
    Summer Bay is welcoming a new face in 2022.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...haracter-rose/

The nowtolove.com.au article:

From Harry Potter to Home and Away: Who is Summer Bay's newest star Kirsty Marillier?
    We can't wait to see what drama Kirsty's character will bring!

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...newcomer-70178
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 01-12-2021 at 07:20.

Nowtolove.com.au article:

From Harry Potter to Home and Away: Who is Summer Bay's newest star Kirsty Marillier?
    Kirsty's mysterious character Rose is bound to ruffle a few feathers.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...newcomer-70178

Car crashes, explosive fires, divorce: there are many varied ways characters leave the drama-filled town of Summer Bay. But the real excitement comes when new residents arrive, bringing fresh life and plotlines to Home and Away.

The Bay's newest resident is Rose, played by Kirsty Marillier, who theatre fans may recognise from her roles in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in Melbourne, and Home, I'm Darling and The Cherry Orchard in Sydney.

The 32-year-old also briefly appeared on Home and Away with a small appearance as Rhea in 2018.

In a sneak peek for next week's episodes, Kirsty's character Rose and fellow newcomer Xander, played by Chris Hemsworth's cousin Luke Van Os, kick off their Home and Away debut with a bang.

The two mysterious new characters bring with them a shocking revelation for Jasmine (Sam Frost), who is reeling from the news that her estranged father had a secret other life.

Jasmine struggles to process the arrival of her newfound relatives Rose and Xander, writing them off as scam artists.

But when Jasmine's boyfriend and resident Summer Bay cop, Cash (Nicholas Cartwright), does some digging it appears the story checks out. Jasmine's recently deceased father not only left her an inheritance, but two secret siblings.

Kirsty filmed the explosive storyline back in December 2021, when she shared a snap from the Palm Beach filming location after Channel Seven celebrated her casting.

"In 2022, Summer Bay will be joined by a new character named Rose! Please welcome Kirsty Mariller to the Home and Away cast," the production team wrote on the show's official account.

Nicholas and Home and Away hair and make-up artist Laura Vazquez were among those to congratulate Kirsty on her new gig.

When the news was first revealed, Kirsty said she was "ecstatic" to share her latest role with fans.

"Can finally come clean about this hot piece of news I've been harbouring for the last 2 months," she wrote on Instagram at the time.

"Ecstatic to announce I've been welcomed as a series reg on Home and Away. Woah.

"Getting to be a part of this Aus icon-of-a-show is a bit wild. It's been a gorg 6 weeks of shooting as I embrace the bay as new resident brown girl, Rose."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cba5xhXBy7m/

EDIT: DS article:

Home and Away newcomers have surprising link with show regular
    One character is in for a shock.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...-link-jasmine/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 23-03-2022 at 21:57.

EXCLUSIVE: Rose grapples with her guilt over Cash?s shooting on Home And Away as Dean lashes out at Remi
    Can Dean and Ziggy survive their relationship turmoil? And will Cash survive at all?

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...and-away-74402

In the aftermath of the deadly shootout, several futures hang in the balance ? and Rose is blaming herself for all of it.

In Home And Away, Cash (Nicholas Cartwright) remains in a coma after being shot during the police raid at the bikie headquarters. Rose (Kirsty Marillier) believes it's her fault for putting him in harm's way.

The policewoman was so desperate to bust her ex-boyfriend Tex (Lucas Linehan), especially after he duped her about his identity, she disregarded what was at stake.

"The atmosphere in the hospital is tense. Cash really is touch-and-go and could die," Nicholas, 33, tells TV WEEK. "Everyone is just hoping he survives."

Still, the drama isn't over as the trial begins. Rose takes the stand to testify against Tex, but is faced with a barrage of humiliating assertions about her relationship with the defendant.

Recounting their affair brings up conflicting memories for them both.

"Tex absolutely has feelings for Rose, but I don't think he came to Summer Bay to fall for the local cop," Lucas, 32, explains.

"The only problem is that Tex's gang, The Death Adders, come first for him, and when push comes to shove, he has to make difficult choices."

After working with the police to bring down gang leader Marty (Ben Wood) and his crew, Tane (Ethan Browne) is hoping to walk free.

But in order to keep him safe, he and Rose must try to convince the bikies he had nothing to do with the raid on their headquarters. Next morning, however, their association with the bikies makes media headlines, turning all of Summer Bay against them.

As the pressure mounts, Rose struggles to keep her emotions in check. In a heart-to-heart with brother Xander (Luke Van Os), she decides that maybe Summer Bay isn't home anymore?

EDIT: DS article:

Home and Away's Rose Delaney considers Summer Bay exit after shooting drama
    Will she bid Summer Bay farewell?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...exit-shooting/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 16-08-2022 at 01:16.

DS article:

Home and Away reveals future of Rose and Mali storyline
    Could they become a couple?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...e-mali-future/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian-pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has hinted at a possible future for Rose Delaney and Mali Hudson's romantic chemistry.

The Summer Bay soap had been teasing a possible relationship for the two characters, but they faced a setback this week when Mali became concerned over Rose's job.

Rose is a police officer and has been working for the Yabbie Creek Police Department since moving to Summer Bay last year.

This week's episodes saw Rose share a passionate kiss with Mali after they enjoyed a date together at Salt.

Both hoped that this could lead to something special, but Mali was worried to spot Rose in her police uniform the next morning.

Mali immediately became cold and distant around Rose, questioning why she hadn't told him about her job sooner.

Although Mali initially seemed reluctant to disclose the reason for his reaction, he later confided in Rose when pushed for an explanation.

Hinting that he'd faced prejudice from police officers in the past, Mali explained: "Why do you think? Where I'm from, you can't trust cops. So this ? us ? it's not going to work."

Rose replied: "You don't know that. I'm really sorry that's your experience. It doesn't matter what uniform I wear. I promise, I'm not like that. Give me a chance to prove it to you. If you can't get past what I do for a living, I understand that. But shouldn't we at least try?"

After bonding further during a party at the Parata house, Rose asked Mali whether they'd see each other again.

Rose was pleased when Mali confirmed that he'd be interested in a second date.

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in March.

The long-running soap announced in December that Kyle Shilling had landed the role of Mali.

Kyle is from the Widjabul clan of the Bundjalung Nation. Home and Away bosses have worked with an Aboriginal script consultant while devising plans for his character Mali.

Kyle recently told Perth Now: "If I had seen someone like me on a popular TV show when I was a kid, I would have been more driven as a young person to want to better myself and explore acting.

"As Indigenous people, we are always categorised as athletes; there was never any other avenue I thought I could go down. When you feel like you're stereotyped your whole life, that has a huge effect.

"Looking back on my 10-year-old self, if I had seen someone like Mali Hudson on such a big series, I would have wanted to be him."

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (09-02-2023)

Home and Away: Rose says ''I can't do this'' and pulls away from love interest Mali
    When things get hot and heavy with Mali, it?s all too much for Rose.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...ose-mali-76775

Their relationship may have gotten off to a rocky start but Mali and Rose aren't holding back anymore. But for Rose, is it all too much?

After falling for bad guy bikie Tex (Lucas Linehan) and being manipulated by his charm, Rose has found it hard to trust anyone.

Not only was the policewoman lied to by Tex, who was laundering money through the gym and using her for intel, but she was humiliated in front of her colleagues when their relationship was later revealed in court during his trial.

However, she can't help but be drawn to Mali (Kyle Schilling) ? a hunky surfer new to the Bay ? even if her line of work unsettled him at first.

'''Mali's negative response to Rose being a police officer is to do with his history with cops,'' Kirsty, 32, tells TV Week.

'''He tells her that where he's from [Mantaray Point], they can't be trusted. It created some rocky terrain for the pair, but Rose is receptive to his feeling and make him feel heard.''

After agreeing to a fresh start, their first date went well. Rose is smitten.

''Rose is really taken by Mali's confidence,'' Kirsty explains.

''When he approached her at the surf club, he had an ease she found very alluring. Rose hasn't had any romantic interest in a while and wants to see it through.''

Dressed to impress, Rose arrives at his caravan and things quickly heat up. But panic sets in and she pulls away. Without explaining herself she rushes from the van. What's going on?

Kirsty says she gets why Rose has bolted from the romantic rendezvous.

'''On the most basic level, she's simply worried about getting hurt again,'' she says.

'''Rose's apprehension is a result of her heartbreak over Tex, who badly manipulated her. She needs someone she can completely trust.''

The following day, Rose visits Mali and apologises for her hasty exit. Mali admits he's perplexed but understands it's hard to leave the past behind. Later, Mali finds Xander and laments that Rose broke up with him.

Will she ruin her chance at happiness?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (20-02-2023)

Home and Away: Rose struggles to help Xander in his grief
    Xander is struggling with survivor's guilt....

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...tionship-77244

When a crime is committed, policewoman Rose is dedicated to solving the case. But when it involves her own brother, she's at a loss to help.

In Home And Away, paramedic Xander (Luke Van Os) is on a slow path to recovery after he and his partner were brutally ambushed during a shift.

Though his physical injuries are beginning to heal, emotionally, Xander is broken.

He learns his partner Jamie (Hugo Liu) was killed and feels guilty for being alive.

''It's survivor's guilt and it eats him up inside,'' Luke tells TV WEEK.

Rose (Kirsty Marillier) poured her efforts into finding the assailants ? which she did ? but her priorities didn't impress boyfriend Mali (Kyle Schilling), who was disappointed she didn't stand by her brother first.

Their argument ended in a shock break-up.

At the hospital, Rose checks in on Xander's progress and mentions the funeral for Jamie. To her surprise, Xander insists on attending.

''Xander feels the loss of Jamie deeply, as well as the pain for Jamie's family? he wants to do everything possible to help them grieve,'' Luke says.

''But in doing so, he also becomes a bit reckless.''

In the corridor, Dr Bree Cameron (Juliet Godwin) alerts Rose to her concerns. Xander is grieving and agitated ? in his condition, leaving the hospital isn't advisable.

''Rose is worried about Xander and his reckless attitude ? especially while he needs to heal,'' Luke explains.

''She's worried about him, which causes a few arguments between them.''

Having already lost her relationship, is Xander slipping away too?

And:

Home and Away's Rose and Xander face new struggles after tragic death
    ''It's survivor's guilt and it eats him up inside."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...ath-struggles/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 03-04-2023 at 23:03.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (03-04-2023)

DS article:

Home and Away kicks off huge new storyline for Rose Delaney
    Will she meet her father?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...-father-story/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away's Rose Delaney vowed to track down her biological father in Thursday's Australian episodes (August 10).

The police constable became curious about her family heritage in the wake of a recent meeting with Mali Hudson's mother.

Last week, Mali proudly introduced his girlfriend to his mum Victoria. Mali's sister Elandra, who'd already met Rose, was also part of the important family lunch.

As Rose watched Mali, Victoria and Elandra interacting together ? including a conversation about how Mali and Elandra's names were chosen ? it reminded her that she doesn't know much about her own background.

In Thursday's visit to Summer Bay, Rose confided in her work colleague Cash Newman about how it felt like the right time to find out more.

When Cash asked whether Rose knew anything about her father, she explained: "I don't even know the man's name. To be fair, I didn't ask until last week.

"Whenever people made comments on how different I looked from Xander, mum would just get angry. I figured it was best not to ask."

Rose's curiosity went down badly with her half-brother Xander, who felt that her search was disrespectful towards her late stepfather Alexander.

In Rose and Xander's introductory scenes last year, it was established that they shared the same mother but had different biological fathers.

Despite Xander's disapproval, Rose continued with her hunt for clues and soon became convinced that she could spot her father on an old photo with her mum. Will she get to meet him?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in late September.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (11-08-2023)

Home and Away: Rose demands the truth from her biological father
    Will Rose's real dad be everything she ever dreamed of as a little girl?

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...r-samuel-78585

Rose has always longed to know more about her biological father, but to avoid possible heartbreak, has chosen not to go digging for information about him.

But with a single phone call, the truth is uncovered.

In Home And Away, Rose (Kirsty Marillier) seeks out Mali (Kyle Shilling) and Kirby (Angelina Thomson) for advice. She now knows who her father is: his name is Samuel Edwards and he was married at the time of her birth.

As more evidence comes to light, it seems he's unquestionably her dad. But her big question remains: what should she do with this information?

As a policewoman, Rose wants to know more and investigate her heritage. She envies Mali and Kirby's strong connection to their Indigenous and Pacific culture, but at the same time, the thought of being rejected by her father is too much to bear.

Rose decides to write a letter and drop it into Samuel's (Bert LaBont?) letterbox, but is stunned when he phones her. He'd like to meet her ? today!

Determined not to get hurt, Rose is guarded when they meet. Samuel doesn't understand her hostility until the question she's held onto her whole life comes tumbling out: "Why haven't you been in my life?" she asks.

To her surprise, Samuel counters that he hadn't known her mother was pregnant nor that he even had a child. He would have loved to have known his daughter and her know him. Now, he says, they have a chance to.

Could these be the words Rose needed to hear all along?

And:

Home and Away's Rose Delaney to demand truth from biological father
    Will she hear what she wants to hear?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...-father-truth/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 21-08-2023 at 23:57.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (23-08-2023)

DS article:

Home and Away star Kirsty Marillier responds to on-screen dad arrival
    "He was so terrific in it."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...samuel-father/

Home and Away spoilers follow.

Home and Away star Kirsty Marillier has responded to the arrival of her on-screen father.

The actor debuted as Rose Delaney last year, with the Summer Bay cop recently wondering about the identity of her biological father.

Using her detective skills, Rose discovers a photo of her mother with a South African lecturer, Samuel Edwards, and she suspects that he may be her father.

Bert LaBonte made his first appearance as Samuel in Thursday's (August 24) episode, and Marillier revealed that his arrival was a dream come true for her.

"I saw him [Bert] on stage in a production in Melbourne a few years ago and he was so terrific in it," she told Stuff. "I went up to him afterwards and said, 'I want you to play my dad in something.'"

"That was in 2019. I was like, 'Oh, my gosh, I have to act with him in something and I need to play his daughter', and now I have," she added, before explaining more about Rose's uncertainty about her heritage.

"Rose is very disconnected from her African heritage and I think that this really does spark a journey for her. It opened something up that she wasn't aware that she needed and I think that can always be quite discombobulating for a person," she said.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwUv8...2-8d70e1261e57

"She has a really strong sense of self but while she was part of a really strong, happy family unit, there was always one thing that she didn't know about herself ? the identity of her biological father."

"I think that can be painful. It can be sharp, it can be saddening, it can bring up anger. There's so many emotions that it can bring up in someone. It could bring up a lot of rage or a lot of sadness. It could bring up both at once. It can also bring joy," she added.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (26-08-2023)

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...den-rose-78645

?Despite getting answers about her biological father, Rose is more confused than ever.

This week, he arrives in Summer Bay unexpectedly but is his presence welcome?

Appearing on her doorstep, Samuel (Bert LaBonte) is keen to know his daughter. But Rose (Kirsty Marillier) isn't sure she wants a relationship with him ? it's too much, too fast.

At the same time, step-brother Xander (Luke Van Os) feels slighted that she didn't discuss it with him before chasing her past and vents his frustration to Mali (Kyle Shilling).

The surf shop owner decides to take it upon himself to meet Samuel but his meddling only fuels Rose's anxiety who warns him to stay out of her family business. As her rampage continues, Rose turns on Samuel hinting that she doesn't need a father, they're done.

But is that really how she feels? Find out on Home and Away Monday to Thursday, 7 pm on Channel Seven.?
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 28-08-2023 at 02:19.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (28-08-2023)

Thread Information