Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robbie Roscoe (Charlie Wernham)

Hollyoaks bad boy Robbie Roscoe will be embroiled in more scandal next month when he is wrongly accused of tampering with exam papers.

The troublemaker is first to come under suspicion when someone breaks into a store cupboard at Hollyoaks High shortly after Nancy Osborne's keys have gone missing.

As Robbie (Charlie Wernham) has been spending so much time with Nancy, it's clear that he had the biggest opportunity to steal the keys in order to take a sneak peek at the papers. However, for once Robbie is entirely innocent in the situation.

Jessica Fox, who plays Nancy, told All About Soap: "Unfortunately she jumps to the wrong conclusion and reckons it was Robbie.

"Suddenly he's acting all confident and cocky about the exam, and Nancy knows he was in the house with her when she had the keys to the cupboard where the exam papers were stored. There is circumstantial evidence that backs up her suspicions."

Robbie will be hurt when he realises that he is the prime suspect in Nancy's eyes, but his protective mum Sandy (Gillian Taylforth) soon jumps to his defence.

Fox added: "He obviously denies looking at the papers because he didn't do it. Sandy comes round to Nancy's house and shouts at her, asking her how she dares to accuse her son when she didn't even speak to her first."

While viewers will have to wait and see who is to blame for the latest incident at the college, the story ties in with Nancy growing closer to Robbie when she realises how much she has misjudged him.

Despite feeling guilty about what happened, Wernham's character Robbie Roscoe is also staying silent after being intimidated by Finn (Keith Rice).

Asked whether the storyline will become more prominent again, Wernham told Digital Spy: "Definitely. We're going to start shooting that soon. Obviously there's going to be a massive conclusion to the story and massive consequences to Robbie and Finn's actions. It went quiet for a bit, but it's definitely not forgotten.

"I think Robbie and Finn are very different characters and are going to end up with very different outcomes. Robbie can change his ways, while Finn has become this monster.

"I don't think there's much coming back from what Finn did, so he'll definitely have his comeuppance and there'll definitely be a consequence."

In the meantime, Robbie is about to be caught up in a separate drama when his teacher Nancy Osborne (Jessica Fox) starts to realise that he has a crush on her.

Nancy looks at Robbie's work
    © Lime Pictures
    Nancy and Robbie in Hollyoaks

Robbie's feelings are bound to cause trouble in the future as Nancy is the wife of his half-brother Darren (Ashley Taylor Dawson).

Wernham added: "On screen we've seen a bit of flirting between Robbie and Nancy, so it's a case of will they or won't they get together, or will they share a kiss?

"We don't know what's going to happen there, but I think there's a lot of chemistry between the two characters. Watch this space because I think something's going to happen!

"I don't think Robbie really thinks about anybody else, so this isn't really out of the ordinary for him. He's definitely playing with fire. Darren isn't his biggest fan, so you'll have to wait to see what happens there as well."

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

Meanwhile, Robbie Roscoe is about to learn that he can rely on the support of his family when he needs them most.

Robbie (Charlie Wernham) lands himself in a dangerous situation later this month after his ongoing tension with his older brother Joe (Ayden Callaghan) reaches boiling point.

Losing control in another argument, Robbie punches Joe and leaves him lifeless on the garage floor, before fleeing the scene in one of his stolen cars.

Nancy desperately tries to wake Joe and calls 999, but another possible source of help is Freddie (Charlie Clapham) when he returns to the village after being lured back by Kim Butterfield, who is trying to set him up.

When Freddie sees what has happened to Joe, he has a chance to redeem himself for his past mistakes by helping him out.

Later, Robbie takes the stolen car to Trevor (Greg Wood) but rebels against his dangerous boss by smashing up the vehicle.

Robbie takes the car to Trevor
    © Lime Pictures
    Robbie takes the car to Trevor

Robbie loses it in front of Trevor
    © Lime Pictures
    Robbie loses it in front of Trevor

Seemingly on a path of self-destruction, Robbie tells Trevor to do his worst, but soon regrets his outburst when the bad boy ties him up.

Fortunately, Robbie doesn't have to face Trevor alone as Freddie, Joe, Jason and Ziggy all arrive to help him. With the Roscoe brothers reunited, has Trevor finally met his match?

Trevor decides to deal with Robbie
    © Lime Pictures
    Trevor decides to deal with Robbie

Freddie suddenly arrives
    © Lime Pictures
    Freddie suddenly arrives

Robbie's brothers turn up to rescue him
    © Lime Pictures
    Robbie's brothers turn up to rescue him

Joe is furious with Trevor
    © Lime Pictures
    Joe is furious with Trevor

Ziggy shows his serious side
    © Lime Pictures
    Ziggy shows his serious side

Jason is keen to protect his twin
    © Lime Pictures
    Jason is keen to protect his twin

Hollyoaks airs these scenes on Tuesday, March 24 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (16-03-2015)

robbie you sh*t blackmailing poor dirk

Hollyoaks bad boy Robbie Roscoe faces an emotional time next week when he is released from prison after more than two months behind bars.

Robbie is stunned to learn that his on-off love interest Phoebe McQueen (Mandip Gill) is critically ill after being shot, so he rushes straight to her side at the hospital. Once he arrives, he barricades himself in Phoebe's room - terrified that she will die in theatre while undergoing life-saving brain surgery.

In real life, Charlie Wernham - who plays Robbie - has returned to the role following a short break to film the Bad Education movie. Here, he chats to Digital Spy about heading back to Hollyoaks and the drama to come for Robbie.

Are you glad to be back on set?
    "Yeah, it's nice to be back! I've been back for a while now, but it went so quick when I was away. It was only when I got back that I realised that I'd actually been away for quite a while. There were a few new faces and people I hadn't met yet, so it was nice to come back and get to know a few new people."

How did it go with the Bad Education film?
    "It was really good, thanks. We had five weeks filming in Cornwall and a week in Wales. I'm not sure when it's coming out yet, but it'll be at some point this year. It's really funny and we've got some good people in it. It was really good fun to do.

"We shot six-day weeks on the film, so I literally finished Hollyoaks and I had a day to get to Cornwall. Then when we wrapped on the film on the Saturday, I was scheduled back in at Hollyoaks on the Monday! It was literally one day off in between, but it was great because it worked out well and I managed to fit everything in."

Are Hollyoaks still quite accommodating with letting you do other projects?
    "It's a big schedule to organise at Hollyoaks, so it can be hard sometimes for them to work things out and move things around - but I've managed to get two series of Bad Education and a film in since I've been here, so they've been really accommodating! It's not without its harder times when you're trying to organise everything, but if they can do it, they will."

Were you glad to be thrown back into Hollyoaks with some really emotional scenes straight away?
    "Yeah, although I didn't know much about it until I got back. I knew roughly what we were doing, but I didn't read the scripts until the day I got back up to Liverpool. It was nice to come back, be busy and get my teeth into something juicy.

"I've got a nice couple of blocks coming up on screen. It's a nice story with Mandip and there's lots of good characters involved. There are busy scenes with lots of people in them. That was nice - rather than it just being little bits here and there, I was coming back with one big storyline. It was a long-running thing so I could get my teeth into it a bit more."

When do we first see Robbie again?
    "You first see Robbie again when John Paul visits him in prison to tell him about the shooting and Phoebe's condition. Robbie is obviously shocked. He's coming out of prison the next day, so at first he has no idea why John Paul has turned up to see him.

"Robbie is obviously really confused, worried and scared. He doesn't know what to do - he's a bit lost. He just wants to help and do what's best by Phoebe, but until he gets out of prison and goes straight to the hospital, he has no idea what to expect. It first hits him properly when he gets to the hospital and sees Phoebe."

Is Robbie annoyed that everyone else has kept him in the dark over the shooting?
    "Yeah, he is. When John Paul sees him, Robbie asks how long Phoebe has been in hospital and he's surprised when he finds out that she's been in there for a while. He's annoyed that he didn't know.

"But to be honest, he doesn't focus on that too much - he just wants to help Phoebe now. Before Robbie went to prison, he was having rough times with his family anyway - with everyone from Joe to Jason. He'd become an outsider and he still feels the same way when he comes back out. Robbie is not focusing too much on his family, his main objective when he comes out is to help Phoebe."

How would you describe Robbie's feelings for Phoebe?
    "I think Robbie has taken her for granted a bit. I think the relationship's very realistic - no-one knowing where they stand and always having arguments! (Laughs.) Their relationship can be an odd one, but the way Phoebe feels for Robbie is really clear. The problem is that he's just been one of those annoying men who don't know what they want!

"Robbie does care about Phoebe, but he's always distracted by other things going on in his life. She's always been there and he's overlooked her a little bit. This is a wake-up call and a prime opportunity for Robbie to realise how much he cares about Phoebe and how much he loves her. In a weird way, it brings them closer together and they need to realise how much they both value each other."

We'll also see Robbie start wanting revenge for the shooting. What can you tell us about that?
    "Those scenes were great fun to do. We know that Robbie was a little bit hot-headed before he went into prison, but a lot of it was bravado. When Robbie comes out, he's changed again. You can see that he's a little bit more calm and collected - but there's also an edge to him and it's like he's capable of doing a lot worse damage than he was before!

"Robbie initially thinks Grace is the one who shot Phoebe, so he goes after her. He gets Grace into a car, she gives him a slap and he locks her in the garage. Robbie tells her that he's going to do to her what she did to Phoebe. I think he's ready to finish the job, to be honest!

"It's the same when Robbie finds out that Joe was actually responsible for the shooting - it's the same angry feelings towards him as it was for Grace. I think no matter who shot Phoebe, Robbie would do exactly the same to them."

Was it nice to work properly with Tamara Wall (Grace) for the first time?
    "Definitely. Me and Tamara are really good friends off-screen and we have been ever since she joined the show. I've done little bits with her, but it was nice to do decent-sized scenes with her here. It was quite funny though, because she had these massive high heels on and had to run off in one scene! It was hard to keep a straight face but we did!

"When you have a friendship with someone who you don't work with as often, it's hard to keep a straight face when you get chucked into a story together - but we had a giggle and it was good fun."

Is there more coming up for Robbie and Nancy?
    "Definitely. As soon as Robbie comes out of prison, all he thinks about is Phoebe, but I think it's hard to turn his feelings for Nancy off too. He struggles to not feel the same way as he did before.

"Robbie is a bit cold towards Nancy at the start, because of how she broke his heart by going to his older brother Joe. He wasn't happy about that, but there's definitely something there. Whether Robbie follows it up or not, I'm not sure. We'll have to wait and see where it's going to go from here."

Do you think Robbie will have to be careful now that Jason is in the police?
    "Yeah, that was a shock! Robbie knew nothing about that. I knew nothing about that either until I got back on set and saw Alfie in a policeman's outfit. I thought, 'What's he doing?!' (Laughs.)

"Robbie does have to be a bit clever about his dodgy side now. He's wary about his brother keeping an eye on him, but I think Robbie and Jason have such a good relationship and Robbie is a bit of an opportunist. I think he'll try to use it to his advantage down the line and it might be handy having someone on the other side! I think Robbie will try to keep himself a bit clean in front of his brother, but I think there's definitely room for him to use it to his advantage at some point."

What do you make of your on-screen mum Gillian Taylforth going back into EastEnders? Are you sad that we probably won't see Sandy back in Hollyoaks?
    "I am, yeah. There was always a chance that Gilly could come back and do a bit here and there. Now it's a shame that won't be happening, but I'm really happy for her to go and do EastEnders because I know how much she loved working there and how many friends she has there. It's also convenient for her because she has her home down in London.

"I saw Gilly at the Soap Awards and she's really happy and excited, so I'm really happy for her. I know she's going to do really well - she was brilliant at EastEnders, she was brilliant here at Hollyoaks and I know she's going to be fantastic when she goes back into the show. I'm looking forward to watching her!"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (04-06-2015)

so he don't love or miss phoebe if he can again jump on nancy

Charlie Wernham has teased more dark times ahead for his character Robbie Roscoe as his twin brother Jason will refuse to forgive him for pushing him off a ravine.

Dramatic episodes airing next week will see Jason pushed off the edge of a ravine by Robbie after their rivalry escalates and culminates in a huge argument.

Speaking about the fall out from the incident, Wernham told All About Soap: "I don't think Jason will be too happy - you wouldn't if you'd been pushed into a ravine!

"It will be too much to forgive and forget, and Robbie has treated Jason so badly in the past. Plus, the Roscoes love to hold a grudge. I think it comes from their mum. Don't cross Sandy - or Kathy, or whoever she is at the minute."

The story will kick off after Robbie is ordered to kill Kim Butterfield by a vengeful Trevor, but he instead decides to drive her to the airport to allow her to escape safely.

However, Trevor plants drugs in Kim's bag to ensure she can't escape the country with ease, and after she grabs the wheel of Robbie's car, Jason sees their erratic driving and tries to chase them.

The situation ultimately escalates into a big showdown between the brothers, but the most shocking moment of all comes after Robbie decides to make a run for it, having sent Jason (Alfie Browne-Skyes) tumbling over the cliff.

Wernham said: "Robbie is thinking about himself: does he help his brother or make a run for it? So he makes a run for it! Jason knows he has got the drugs Trevor planted on him and as a copper, he would have to report him.

"Robbie makes a split decision to cover his own back, which he regrets immediately but it's too late - he's committed now."
    Speaking about filming the scenes, Wernham added: "It was good fun. We were harnessed up on the edge of this cliff and shot it over two days on different locations.

"We had a great director who also filmed the boxing match stuff with me and Alfie a while ago. Because we were away from the village, it felt like a separate job."

Hollyoaks airs these scenes next week on Channel 4.

really shocked both him and jason are gone for good

returning with hannah

Thread Information