Thread: Dev and Sophie

Exclamation Dev and Sophie

Corrie star Jimmi Harkishin has revealed that his character Dev Alahan will strike up a strong friendship with Sophie Webster.

Sophie will become the main source of support for Dev after his on-off partner Sunita passes away next month.

Sunita found herself trapped in the Rovers Return fire earlier this week, and although she makes it out alive, she is expected to later die in hospital.

Harkishin told Inside Soap: "This storyline will see a great new friendship between Dev and Sophie. Brooke Vincent, who plays her, is a lovely actress, but I've never had anything major with her before now.

"She was just the girl who worked in Dev's shop, but now she can take care of the kids and the shop while Dev's head is all over the place. She's quite adult about it. She gives him tough love, too - which he needs.

"I could never have predicted this storyline, but it works and I'm really enjoying it."

The actor added that Dev will never be the same once Sunita has gone.

He said: "Dev would never get over it. Who could? For the next 10 or 20 years, he's going to be devoting his life to the children - but even if he meets someone else, his life will be tempered by Sunita's death.

"Once something like that happens to you, you can never be the person you used to be. He would crumble without Sunita in his life."

Coronation Street continues tonight (March 20) at 7.30pm on ITV.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-03-2013)

Thread Information