Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Tim Metcalfe

Exclamation Tim Metcalfe to suffer health scare

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...-health-scare/

Tim Metcalfe will suffer a health scare as his secret struggles continue in Coronation Street.

The last few months have been full of upheaval for Tim and wife Sally. First, Sally had to convince Tim it was best to get his mum Elaine out of their house and then he started having intimacy issues.

Tim has struggled with intimacy in the wake of his triple bypass surgery, where he'd initially had to stay celibate until he'd made a full recovery. Rather than open up to Sally, Tim has kept his struggles to himself.

In upcoming scenes, Tim gets a surprise when he buys raffle tickets to benefit Oliver's memory, then ends up winning a romantic night at Debbie's hotel for himself and Sally!

Tim continues to worry about intimacy, so he orders erectile dysfunction pills in spite of the risk they have for people with heart conditions.

After taking one of the pills during their night away, Tim's heart starts to pound just as he and Sally are kissing in their hotel room. Tim soon realises something is very wrong as he becomes short of breath.

Tim has no other choice but to confess what he's done to Sally, before he scares his wife with a shock collapse. Sally calls for an ambulance ? and it's a race against time to help Tim.

Will Tim be able to make a full recovery and open up to Sally, once and for all?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (13-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...-health-scare/

Tim Metcalfe will suffer a health scare as his secret struggles continue in Coronation Street.

The last few months have been full of upheaval for Tim and wife Sally. First, Sally had to convince Tim it was best to get his mum Elaine out of their house and then he started having intimacy issues.

Tim has struggled with intimacy in the wake of his triple bypass surgery, where he'd initially had to stay celibate until he'd made a full recovery. Rather than open up to Sally, Tim has kept his struggles to himself.

In upcoming scenes, Tim gets a surprise when he buys raffle tickets to benefit Oliver's memory, then ends up winning a romantic night at Debbie's hotel for himself and Sally!

Tim continues to worry about intimacy, so he orders erectile dysfunction pills in spite of the risk they have for people with heart conditions.

After taking one of the pills during their night away, Tim's heart starts to pound just as he and Sally are kissing in their hotel room. Tim soon realises something is very wrong as he becomes short of breath.

Tim has no other choice but to confess what he's done to Sally, before he scares his wife with a shock collapse. Sally calls for an ambulance ? and it's a race against time to help Tim.

Will Tim be able to make a full recovery and open up to Sally, once and for all?
    I think Sally has put far too much pressure on Tim. I'm not surprised he finds it difficult to talk to her seriously.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...sex-storyline/

Coronation Street star Sally Dynevor has revealed a hilarious plotline for on-screen husband Tim Metcalfe involving a mix-up with a woman from the Donkey Sanctuary.

Sally Metcalfe (Dynevor) and husband Tim (Joe Duttine) have been having issues in the bedroom lately following his triple bypass surgery earlier this year, with Tim struggling to perform and potential solutions not seeming to work.

Scenes next week will see Sally and Tim turn to a sex therapist upon recommendation, though Tim is initially against the idea.

Speaking about the situation, Dynevor explained: "They are a very sexual couple. They're the first people to leave a party to get home, and then since Tim's bypass, things have gone downhill for them. I think it's been really, really difficult for them.

"Now they have this situation which is really, really difficult for their relationship. Sally thinks she's doing her best and trying to encourage him and doing everything she possibly can to get them into bed.

"Now she's feeling like she's not attractive and maybe he's looking at other women and doesn't know what she is doing wrong. And she has no idea that behind her back, he is confiding in Aggie instead of talking to her."

The star explained that the communication breakdown between the two is "the biggest problem with this situation", noting: "He feels embarrassed and like he's letting her down. She feels like she can't help him.

"And actually, they just need to both talk about how they're feeling. It seems that they never sit down and talk to each other which is a shame as they're really close. They're a really loving couple. They do really love each other.

"This is the frustrating bit about it all is that if only they could sit down and talk to one another. Things would be so much easier and so much happier for them, but they are just putting all the focus on the negative."

Dynevor added that Sally is "thrilled" by the recommendation of a sex therapist, though Tim is "a little bit anxious about it because it means he's going to have to open up and he's going to have to talk in front of Sally and finds that a bit embarrassing".

"But I think Sally is so desperate to get to the bottom of this problem that she's willing to try anything and everything. Whereas Tim's just thinking, 'It's a lot of money. Is it worth it?'"

However, before the therapist arrives, Tim is caught in a comically awkward situation when Barbara from the Donkey Sanctuary arrives, with him under the impression that it is the therapist.

"When I read that, I was in hysterics just reading it," Dynevor recalled. "It was just geniously written by Ian Kershaw and I just loved it instantly. It's an amazing scene and I love the fact that we're finding comedy in something that's quite serious.

"I really enjoy playing those scenes because that's life, you do find humour in terrible things sometimes. That scene is just genius because Tim and the donkey sanctuary lady are both on a different page.

"Barbara comes knocking on the door, and he thinks it's a sex therapist ? because Sally's gone get some biscuits and she said she'll be back in a bit and that the sex therapist is coming," the star explained.

"There is a knock at the door, and Tim assumes it is the sex therapist and invites her in but she is from the Donkey Sanctuary. She starts asking him how he feels about donkeys and Tim is shocked.

"And what was wonderful about it was the actress that played the part was perfect. Every single time she did it I had to hold myself and stop laughing because she was so good.

"You know, we have the comedy but the tragedy as well coming through in each scene. It's just been probably one of my favourite storylines just because it's just such a great balance of comedy and drama."

Speaking further about the impact of the storyline, Dynevor suggested it will "definitely" open up conversations in homes.

"I think the writing team have been very clever in this because if we played the whole comedy thing alone, people would have not taken it seriously," she said. "The fact that we've done a comedy, but also the realness of this story, I just think it's really, really important.

"People watching are finding it hilarious but also recognising what Sally and Tim are going through and saying, 'Yeah, I feel like that. I don't know how to talk about that. And maybe we should think about going to see someone or maybe we should go to our doctor'.

"I like to think that Tim and Sally do make people think about what it is like at this stage of your life when the kids have gone and it is just the two of you."

I look forward to this

Thread Information