Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poppy Meadow

Exclamation Poppy Meadow

EastEnders star Rachel Bright will be sticking with the soap for the foreseeable future.

The actress reprised her role as Poppy Meadow earlier this year, and while many fans expected the ditzy character's return to be for a short stint only, Digital Spy can confirm that she has been signed up as a Walford regular.

Poppy will have a storyline of her own in the coming weeks as show bosses have lined up a new romance for her.

The beautician has been unlucky in love in the past, but viewers will have to wait and see who she falls for and how things pan out as the new plot develops.

Meanwhile, fans can also expect a one-episode guest appearance from Poppy's sister Tansy, who decides to pay a visit to Albert Square next month.

Actress Daisy Wood-Davis (pictured left) has been cast in the role of Tansy, and she filmed her scenes for the BBC soap in late August and early September.

Poppy made her first appearance in Walford in January 2011, when she was introduced as the best friend of Jodie Gold (Kylie Babbington). Her latest return scenes aired in the summer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

megan999 (24-10-2012)

Poppy is the new Winston?!

Fatboy and Poppy

EastEnders star Rachel Bright has revealed that her character Poppy Meadow will feature in a BBC Red Button episode later this month.

The one-off special will further explore Poppy's relationship with Arthur 'Fatboy' Chubb and how they spend Christmas Day together.

In an upcoming episode of the main show, viewers will see Poppy choose to be with Fatboy (Ricky Norwood) for Christmas rather than her family. The story then continues on the Red Button service.

Bright told Take It Easy: "Poppy spends the day with Fatboy. She is under pressure to go back to her family, but realises she doesn't want that. Her and Fatboy have a romantic day, but you don't see anything on screen [in the Christmas episode] because it is dominated by the Brannings.

"There will be an interactive section where viewers can press the red button and see a ten-minute film of how Poppy and Fatboy spent their day."

Discussing the pair's romance, the actress explained: "It's really sweet. I don't think Poppy or Fatboy realised they liked each other as they've been friends for a while. She's unsure at first because she doesn't want to ruin a friendship. She's also been unlucky in love, so she's a little bit wary.

"But I think she can trust Fatboy. I think the pair of them need love."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...#ixzz2FE4qMg6P

EastEnders star Rachel Bright has revealed that she wants her character Poppy Meadow to tie the knot with boyfriend Arthur 'Fatboy' Chubb.

The actress, who is now a Walford regular, tipped the pair to have a "long-term" future as a couple.

Bright told Metro: "Before I started the show, Fatboy was one of my favourite characters. I was gutted I didn't work with him the first time round, so when I came back and they told me about Poppy and Fatboy's relationship, I was just so excited.

"Their characters are perfect for each other. Poppy and Fatboy are a little bit of light in a lot of gloom around the Square. It's important to have a bit of comedy between everything else. Ricky [Norwood, who plays Fatboy] is great, he's really funny and really supportive. I'm very lucky."

Asked whether the duo will get married, she replied: "Rachel would love there to be wedding bells! Could you imagine that? They're very happy at the minute, it looks long-term."

Bright also expressed a desire to be involved if EastEnders ever broadcasts another live edition.

She said: "I'd love to be in a live episode. It would be a bit nerve-wracking, but I'd love that challenge. Perhaps we'll have Poppy and Fatboy's wedding live!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchgirl View Post
    How do you work that out?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchgirl View Post
    How do you work that out?

EastEnders actor Ricky Norwood has said that it would be "excellent" to see his character Arthur 'Fatboy' Chubb tie the knot with girlfriend Poppy Meadow.

The pair have been dating since the end of last year, and Rachel Bright - who plays Poppy - recently called for them to have a wedding storyline.

Echoing his co-star's suggestion, Norwood told Metro: "How excellent would that be? I think their wedding would be crazy.

"I don't think Fatboy would have a say in it, because most likely he'd want to get some big speakers up in there and a big sound system and a couple of performances. Poppy would most probably want it really pretty and sweet and organised. I look forward to seeing it! If it happens that would be fantastic."

Norwood also explained that he is pleased to finally see Fatboy in a successful relationship.

He said: "It's great playing a positive couple, and it's quite nice being able to have something you can get wrapped up with in a good way for the audience.

"Their romance was needed for Fatboy. He hasn't been that lucky in love, so to find somebody that liked him as much as he liked her has been a great boost for him, and it's definitely put an extra spring in his step."

EastEnders continues tomorrow (January 24) at 7.30pm on BBC One.

EastEnders star Rachel Bright has revealed that she is eager to keep working closely with show legend June Brown.

The actress's alter ego Poppy Meadow has recently been living with Brown's character Dot Branning. However, Poppy's boyfriend Arthur 'Fatboy' Chubb (Ricky Norwood) is currently keen for them to find a place of their own.

In an interview with Inside Soap, Bright hinted that she doesn't want Poppy to pack her bags and leave Dot's home anytime soon.

Bright explained: "Poppy and Dot share a lovely bond. And working with June Brown is brilliant. I was so nervous before I did my first scene with her, but you can't do anything but learn from June.

"She's very honest, which can be quite scary at first, but she's so funny too - I'm constantly having to stop myself from laughing when we're filming!

"Poppy reminds me a little bit of Dot's granddaughter Dotty - although they're very different characters, obviously! But I think Dot sees that too, and they look out for each other."

Bright also tipped Poppy and Fatboy to have a strong and stable relationship for the time being.

She said: "The two of them have a totally different outlook on life - but they're learning from each other. Fats is so laid-back and nothing fazes him, whereas Poppy worries about the slightest thing. But that's what balances them out. They're both wide-eyed and positive, and even though they don't get each other sometimes, they're great together.

"This is Albert Square, so you never really know what's round the corner. But right now the two of them are really strong together. Time will tell!"

EastEnders continues tonight (March 21) at 7.30pm on BBC One.

I like her this time around

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (21-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    "Poppy reminds me a little bit of Dot's granddaughter Dotty - although they're very different characters, obviously! But I think Dot sees that too, and they look out for each other."
    Hehe, I hadn't thought of that, but it's kind of true! I like how they genuinely get on, despite the age gap, you wouldn't think a young person like Poppy would be interested in someone like Do, but they do seem to be proper friends.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Thread Information