Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Donovan (Marc Baylis)

I wanted to hug Peter yesterday. I can't understand why Steve is so cold towards Peter?? I thought they were bessie mates??! I wouldn't turn my back on my friend if he/she was accused of a crime-I would stand by them. Peter may be a drunk and womanizer, but he's not a murderer, and Steve should know that!
    That's what I don't like about Corrie-any time something bad happens, everyone is ganging up together against that one person, and then when the truth finally comes out, everyone is so apologetic! So annoying. Half of the characters have been in prison for something they haven't done, do they have a short memory or what??

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariba For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (30-08-2014), Perdita (28-08-2014), swmc66 (29-08-2014)

True the police never get it right first time in corrie.

Hopefully once Peter gets released, he'll realise he's living in a street full of idiots and leave.

Won't be long before he does

Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn has expressed his hopes that Rob Donovan and Peter Barlow won't be leaving Weatherfield for good.

Marc Baylis, who plays Rob, and Chris Gascoyne, who plays Peter, are both due to bow out of the soap this year, although details of their exits are currently under wraps.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Blackburn said: "With both of them, I hope it is a case of 'Goodbye... but we will see you again soon!'

"It is incredibly hard to let either one go. You never want to lose anyone from Coronation Street with the surname Barlow, and Rob has just grown and grown as a character in the last year."

Blackburn also teased Tracy Barlow's reaction to discovering that Rob is Tina McIntyre's killer.

He said: "Tracy has recently come to recognise how others see her - as a slightly deluded monster! But she has changed, and she believes Rob has helped her to become a better person.

"For Tracy, this man's love matters more than anything else - so when his lies come spilling out, she will be absolutely heartbroken. But, don't forget that it is in Tracy's DNA to put herself first at all costs."

Coronation Street airs tonight at 7.30pm on ITV.

Coronation Street star Marc Baylis has told Digital Spy that he is "absolutely open" to returning to his role as Rob Donovan in the future.

The actor has now filmed his final scenes as the Weatherfield killer, who will bow out on screen at the end of an explosive October for Corrie.

Fans will be hoping that Rob gets his comeuppance after killing Tina McIntyre earlier in the year, but whatever happens, show boss Stuart Blackburn has already confirmed that he would like to reintroduce the character at a later date.

Speaking to Digital Spy at the Inside Soap Awards 2014 this week, Baylis commented: "I'm really proud that was released in the press before I'd even finished my last scenes. It's not very often that something like that is said before you've finished, so thank you to the bosses for saying that!

"I'm absolutely open to returning, because I love the job and I love the show. I'm very proud to be the person that was chosen to play Rob Donovan, and I do feel that there are other chapters and other stories that could be told with him.

"As to whether that happens or not, the future is a blank canvas for all of us and we'll take it as it comes, but in the meantime it's about focusing on the ending of this chapter and this storyline - and hopefully everyone will enjoy it."

Rob's dark storyline is expected to come to a head on October 31, but whether his crimes do catch up with him remains to be seen.

Rob desperately tries to convince Carla she's be wasting her time
    © ITV
    Rob and Carla

Baylis continued: "We finished filming my exit at 3am on Monday morning! In all honesty, it's a fantastic ending for this chapter of Rob. The writers have really pulled it out of the bag, especially for all of the audience who love Rob and Carla's relationship.

"There's a lot of material between Rob and Carla throughout October that will develop into something that I'm sure everyone will be really chuffed with. There's a lot more unravelling of their past, bringing that into the present day and verging on the future as well.

"There is a situation that tests Rob and Carla's relationship more than anything else ever, so there's some great material for people to look forward to."

Tracy is taken aback when Rob asks to join her cosy night in with Amy
    © ITV
    Rob and Tracy

October will also see Rob prepare to marry Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford) as their wedding day arrives, but whether the ceremony actually goes ahead is another closely-guarded Corrie secret.

Baylis added: "The whole month of October is a huge, huge time for the show. We had an incredible location for the wedding. I think a couple of photos have come out which reveal bits, but you haven't seen anything from the interior. There's some lovely stuff coming up at the wedding, but I can't give any of it away!"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (05-10-2014), swmc66 (05-10-2014), tammyy2j (05-10-2014)

Rob Donovan finally confess to killing Tina McIntyre next week when his sister Carla Barlow catches him out.

As Tracy Barlow excitedly prepares for her wedding and enjoys her hen party, Rob (Marc Baylis) spends his stag night with Carla (Alison King) where she quizzes him about the events surrounding Tina's murder.

After hearing Rob's version of events from the night Tina was attacked, Carla catches him out when she speaks to Tracy and realises that their stories don't match.

Returning home, Carla tells Rob she now has the proof that Peter didn't kill Tina, leaving him horrified.

Rob's problems escalate when Carla reveals to Rob that she knows he is lying, explaining that she believes he is covering up for the real murderer - Tracy.

As Carla becomes intent on calling the police, Rob stops her and explains that Tracy was actually driving a van load of stolen gear when Tina was murdered and they lied to the police knowing they'd both be sent down if they were caught.

Rob tells Carla how much he loves Tracy, but when Carla points out that Tracy's false alibi means he is also without an alibi, Rob loses his temper and storms out.

Carla is taken aback by his outburst and becomes more suspicious than ever, despite Rob claiming later that it was simply down to wedding nerves.

Unconvinced, Carla points out how Rob seemed to know from the off that Tracy was innocent and asks him if he killed Tina.

Although Rob tries to deny it, Carla continues to push him and finally confesses that he did murder her.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (21-10-2014), swmc66 (21-10-2014)

It's crunch time for Coronation Street's Rob Donovan next week as his killer secret is finally rumbled by his sister Carla - but will she hand him into the police before he gets a chance to exchange his wedding vows with Tracy?

It's after Carla turns detective that she starts to question Rob's whereabouts on the night of Tina's murder, and soon enough, her brother cracks under the pressure. But as he confesses on the night before his wedding, is his future of bliss with Tracy in jeopardy?

Marc Baylis, who plays Rob, spills the beans on what's coming up for the doomed groom…

Does Rob believe that he's gotten away with murder?
    "More or less, yeah. After the recent trial, the guilt has started to build up in Rob again after having been in denial for so long. Despite this, he's still pretty sure he's got away with it, especially after all of the evidence that has gone against Peter's favour!"

So how does Carla start to get suspicious of Rob?
    "Because Rob's sister is very intelligent! It was when he was trying to desperately get out of court that he started to show some slightly erratic behaviour."

Why does Rob finally crack and tell her everything?
    "He's just been lying to everyone for such a long time, and it's just his guilt finally becoming too much to bear. And it's his sister – they've been through so much together that he doesn't have to say anything. He's backed into a corner and can't lie to her any longer, and she just knows everything. Any other resident on the street probably wouldn't be able to see he's guilty, but for Carla, it becomes crystal clear to her."

Carla is taken back by Rob's outburst
    © ITV
    Carla is taken back by Rob's outburst

After his confession, does he believe that she'll keep her mouth shut and honour their family loyalty?
    "He does, absolutely. That's at the heart of all the material, and the dramatic side of it all – to convince her that keeping quiet's the right thing to do. He's brainwashed himself during this whole thing, and is now trying to brainwash her too.

"The whole concept behind their relationship is the family loyalty. There's a lot to do with family values and morals. Obviously they're both as strong as each other, so it really puts them at loggerheads. He's being really selfish throughout this, and it puts her in a horrible situation. But what will she do?"

So tell us about Rob and Tracy's wedding. How can you describe it?
    "The wedding's very romantic, and picturesque. It's their dream."

He must be the most stressed groom on the planet though…
    "He sure is – and it being a soap, of course the wedding doesn't go to plan."

What was filming the wedding like?
    "It took a while! Our director Kay Patrick filmed this block and she was immense because she did the hen do, the stag and the wedding - all in six weeks. It can be a hard slog filming something like a wedding, especially if you're a guest with not a lot to do. But for us, being at the heart of it, the time flew!"

Rob hopes Carla will keep his secret
    © ITV
    Rob hopes Carla will keep his secret

Has it become harder to play Rob emotionally as the story has developed?
    "It has. What's been the hardest is being able to maintain that level of emotion for long periods of time. I've never had to work so hard in my life. It's been a massive challenge but has been made easier by the material that I've had. There was a risk of burning out from this storyline though!"

With you departing the Street, it's obvious Rob and Tracy are not going to have a happy ending. Had Rob not killed Tina, do you think it would've been possible that they would have lived happy ever after?
    "Yeah, I do. Before they got together, it felt a bit like we didn't quite know what to do with Rob, but as soon as he was put with Tracy, you saw them become this dastardly duo. It just worked!

"It's been the real deal for them both, real true love. Kate [Ford, aka Tracy] and I have had an absolute blast playing each other's partners."

What will you miss most about Kate?
    "Her being convinced that she's unwell every day [laughs]. You never know what ailment she'll come up with next. I'll miss those and nursing her back to health!"

Alison King (Carla) must be bereft at losing both you, and Chris Gascoyne (Peter)…
    "It is a tough one for her! She'll be fine obviously, as she's a tough cookie, but it's a weird change. In real life, we do feel like brother and sister. I do feel very protective of her."

Carla is in turmoil over Rob's guilt
    © ITV
    Carla is in turmoil over Rob's guilt

What was filming your final scenes like?
    "Bizarre! They weren't easy, because we were on location, and the elements were against us and we lost power in our generators and things like that. It was just a bit of a slog.

"I had a nice send-off though. Everyone's clubbed together to get me a lighting rig."

Would you like to star in US shows?
    "Sure. I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead actually - that's an awesome show. But I'm happy to go where the wind blows. There's great stuff being made in the country. If something good like that came along, it would be a dream!"

i will miss rob will we see scenes of him and jim in jail

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (05-11-2014), tammyy2j (06-11-2014)

I doubt it. I don't even think we will see the court case. Rob has gone. I do not know how they will bring him back if Peter was going to sent down for 15 years.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-11-2014)

Thread Information