Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Donovan (Marc Baylis)

Coronation Street's Marc Baylis thinks his character Rob Donovan could kill again.

The 37-year-old hunk believes his nasty alter-ego is capable of becoming a serial killer after he murdered barmaid Tina McIntyre in cold blood in May after she threatened to expose his scams.

Speaking to Soaplife magazine, he said: "I'd like to think Tina was a one-off through desperate measures. But once you've done something like that, who knows if that switch can flick again? If Rob feels he has no way out, then who knows what he might do?"

Rob has kept his dirty secret underwraps since Tina's death and has let his brother-in-law Peter Barlow (played by Chris Gascoyne) take the blame after he was arrested following the revelation that he cheated on his pregnant wife Carla (Alison King) with the brunette beauty.

However, Peter's father Ken Barlow (Bill Roache) could be the next one to find himself in a grave as Rob starts to worry when he gets the recovering alcoholic a new lawyer and sets up a campaign to free his son.

Marc explained: "Ken intends to pull out all the stops to get Peter released. He's so adamant Peter is innocent, Rob really begins to think he might not get away with killing Tina.

"He starts playing games and puts obstacles in Ken's way. Rob says the new lawyer must be useless if he was free to take on Peter's case."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/c...3#.U-k_S5V0zIV

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (12-08-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Coronation Street's Marc Baylis thinks his character Rob Donovan could kill again.

The 37-year-old hunk believes his nasty alter-ego is capable of becoming a serial killer after he murdered barmaid Tina McIntyre in cold blood in May after she threatened to expose his scams.

Speaking to Soaplife magazine, he said: \"I'd like to think Tina was a one-off through desperate measures. But once you've done something like that, who knows if that switch can flick again? If Rob feels he has no way out, then who knows what he might do?\"

Rob has kept his dirty secret underwraps since Tina's death and has let his brother-in-law Peter Barlow (played by Chris Gascoyne) take the blame after he was arrested following the revelation that he cheated on his pregnant wife Carla (Alison King) with the brunette beauty.

However, Peter's father Ken Barlow (Bill Roache) could be the next one to find himself in a grave as Rob starts to worry when he gets the recovering alcoholic a new lawyer and sets up a campaign to free his son.

Marc explained: \"Ken intends to pull out all the stops to get Peter released. He's so adamant Peter is innocent, Rob really begins to think he might not get away with killing Tina.

\"He starts playing games and puts obstacles in Ken's way. Rob says the new lawyer must be useless if he was free to take on Peter's case.\"

Hope not ...

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post

Speaking to Soaplife magazine, he said: \"I'd like to think Tina was a one-off through desperate measures. But once you've done something like that, who knows if that switch can flick again? If Rob feels he has no way out, then who knows what he might do?\"

Marc explained: \"Ken intends to pull out all the stops to get Peter released. He's so adamant Peter is innocent, Rob really begins to think he might not get away with killing Tina.

\"He starts playing games and puts obstacles in Ken's way. Rob says the new lawyer must be useless if he was free to take on Peter's case.\"

Hope not ...

Coronation Street star Marc Baylis has said that Ken Barlow could be the downfall for his killer character Rob Donovan.

Viewers saw Rob kill Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) earlier this year, but he has allowed Peter (Chris Gascoyne) to take the rap for the crime.

However, Ken's return has threatened Rob's plan to frame Peter, as Ken believes that his son didn't murder Tina and encouraged him not to plead guilty at his hearing.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Baylis said: "In true soap style, there is a lot of stuff that happens in the week of Rob and Tracy's wedding.

"Ken's definitely suspicious of Rob, so there is much more material coming up between the two of them.

"Rob knows that if anyone is going to be his downfall, it is going to be Ken. But that makes him act even more suspiciously when he's around Ken."

Alison King, who plays Carla Barlow, also added that she thinks her character could forgive her brother when the truth eventually comes out.

She said: "It'll tear her apart because she loves him. But she also loves Peter, and won't want to see him put away for something he didn't do.

"She couldn't live with herself if she didn't do the right thing. I do think she will forgive Rob, though - he's her brother, and he did it for her."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-08-2014), tammyy2j (27-08-2014)

Alison King...so what did rob exactly do for Carla?? Killed Tina or framed Peter?? I'd say neither-he did everything only for himself! Tina threatened to bring out all their dodgy dealings, that's the reason why she got killed. And Peter ended up in prison only because police started to suspect him. If Rob was a man and actually DID something FOR ANYONE, he would have gone to police straight away and confess. Latest when Carla was questioned. But no, he's a coward. I'm sorry but if my brother did that to me, I couldn't love him anymore. Simple as.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariba For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-08-2014), Perdita (27-08-2014), swmc66 (27-08-2014)

Nicely said Mariba

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

chartreuse (27-08-2014), Perdita (27-08-2014)

Alison King obviously does'nt understand the storyline she is involved in.

Coronation Street killer Rob Donovan will come face-to-face with the consequences of his ongoing deception as he is forced to comfort a devastated Simon Barlow.

Marc Baylis and Alex Bain, who play Rob and Simon, have been spotted filming the emotional scenes on location this week.

While exact storyline details won't be known until nearer the time, paparazzi photos show that Simon pays a visit to Tina McIntyre's grave in an upcoming episode.

Simon grew close to Tina in the months leading up to her murder, and it's clear that he still misses the Rovers Return's popular barmaid.

Rob tries to reassure Simon as he breaks down in tears at the cemetery, but the youngster's troubles are no doubt a terrible reminder of what he did to Tina - as well as the fact that Simon doesn't have his father Peter around to support him.

Marc Baylis& Alex Bain filming on location for Coronation Street
    © Rex Features
    Simon is still upset over Tina

© Rex Features
    Rob tries to reassure Simon

© Rex Features
    Simon is oblivious to Rob's guilt

Rob's current storyline has seen him desperately try to cover up the fact that he was responsible for Tina's tragic death. He has so far managed to escape detection by pinning the blame on Peter, who is awaiting trial for the crime.

The trial will take place in October - the same month that Rob is due to marry Peter's sister Tracy.
    Last edited by Perdita; 27-08-2014 at 19:59.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (30-08-2014), lizann (27-08-2014), maidmarian (27-08-2014), tammyy2j (29-08-2014)

poor rob he can hug me

I wanted to hug Peter yesterday. I can't understand why Steve is so cold towards Peter?? I thought they were bessie mates??! I wouldn't turn my back on my friend if he/she was accused of a crime-I would stand by them. Peter may be a drunk and womanizer, but he's not a murderer, and Steve should know that!
    That's what I don't like about Corrie-any time something bad happens, everyone is ganging up together against that one person, and then when the truth finally comes out, everyone is so apologetic! So annoying. Half of the characters have been in prison for something they haven't done, do they have a short memory or what??

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariba For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-08-2014), swmc66 (29-08-2014), tammyy2j (29-08-2014)

Thread Information