Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roo Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Home and Away's Roo Stewart will face a dilemma in upcoming episodes as her ex-boyfriend Tim hatches a plan to win her back.

As revealed last week, actor Jonny Pasvolsky has been cast in the role of Tim, who turns up in Summer Bay hoping to rekindle his relationship with Roo.

When it becomes clear that Roo is happy with new fiancé Harvey Ryan (Marcus Graham), a persistent Tim schemes to get closer to her - offering an intriguing business proposal which would keep him in the Bay.

Georgie Parker, who plays Roo, told TV Week: "I think in her heart she probably thinks that what he's doing is to try and win her back. But there also aren't a lot of employment opportunities in Summer Bay, and he offers her work and that makes her feel good.

"She's torn between going back to what she's good at doing, which is business and marketing, and making sure she doesn't fall back into the trap of falling for him."

When Harvey later confronts Tim over his behaviour, Roo isn't pleased with her partner's interference.

Parker added: "If Harvey pushes her into a corner and forces her to make a choice, she's a pretty strong person and she wouldn't want to be stopped from doing anything she wants to do.

"She likes adventure and if she feels like her options are being limited, she would do a runner. Tim's arrival poses all these questions. Roo could be about to risk everything."

Home and Away airs these scenes next week on Network Seven in Australia, and in October on Channel 5 in the UK.
    I know that they have tried to clean Harvey up and make us feel sympathetic towards him. However I still think he's a sleaze ball and his low nature will surface again, sooner rather than later. Seems like Tim is pretty low himself. Poor Roo, what a choice!

Also ahead on Home and Away, Roo Stewart and Harvey Ryan embark on an exciting new chapter as they tie the knot.

It's certainly not plain sailing for the couple in the build-up to the ceremony, as Roo (Georgie Parker) considers calling off the wedding when she sees Harvey losing his temper with his best man Winston following an outrageous stag night.

Shocked that Harvey (Marcus Graham) could be so unkind, Roo questions whether she really knows him at all. However, in the end, it's Winston himself who urges her to go ahead with the nuptials.

When Roo takes heed of this advice, returning characters Celia Stewart, Morag Bellingham and Colleen Smart are among those present as the vows are exchanged. Have Roo and Harvey secured their happy ending?

© Channel 5

© Channel 5

© Channel 5

© Channel 5

© Channel 5

© Channel 5

Home and Away airs these scenes on Tuesday, February 12 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-02-2013)

'Home and Away legend Ray Meagher has revealed that he is prouder of the show than ever before.

The actor, who has played Summer Bay stalwart Alf Stewart since 1988, appeared on ITV's This Morning with on-screen daughter Georgie Parker today (February 7) to promote their current storyline and Home and Away's 25th anniversary year.

Asked whether he is still proud of Home and Away after so long with the show, Meagher replied: "Possibly more so, because a soap can't stay in a prime-time slot for 25 years and stand still.

"We've continually reinvented ourselves, and technically, the show is superb. The way it's shot, the lighting, it's like film now - and it looks really good."

The actor confirmed that he was only on a three-month contract when he filmed his first scenes as Alf.

He explained: "I wouldn't sign for two years! When they wanted everyone to sign at the start, I thought, 'Don't be silly - I'm doing a movie here and a mini-series there'. I was doing things all round the country and living out of a suitcase - doing films and stuff on-location.

"But then, those first three months, I was able to sleep in my own bed every night and live in Sydney. It was very seductive."

As Home and Away's longest-serving cast member, Meagher confessed that he used to rebuke newer recruits if they turned up late for filming.

He said: "[It was] a long time ago now. I've mellowed! When people used to, I'd say, 'Look, just come here for a minute. There's a hundred people standing around here, and your lateness affects all of that. Now, some people think it takes a little bit of talent to act, but it takes no talent to tell the time!'"

Episodes of Home and Away currently airing in the UK see Parker's character Roo preparing to marry her partner Harvey Ryan (Marcus Graham), with their big day arriving next Tuesday (February 12).

Viewers can expect twists and turns in the build-up to the ceremony as Roo questions whether she really wants to go ahead with the nuptials.

Parker explained: "It can't go to plan, really, otherwise it wouldn't be a soap! So the exciting thing is to keep everyone guessing, even us.

"Roo is a free spirit - she's a very spontaneous, independent person, but then she's probably afraid of settling down and commitment. She's looking for excuses."

Home and Away's wedding episode airs on Tuesday, February 12 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-02-2013)

Home and Away star Georgie Parker has said that she wants Roo Stewart to stay committed to new teen characters Maddy Osborne and Spencer Harrington.

The actress's Summer Bay alter ego has taken on the responsibility of Maddy (Kassandra Clementi) and Spencer (Andrew Morley) this year after they ran away from their own parents.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Parker praised Home and Away bosses for revisiting the show's roots with the storyline.

Asked whether she wants Roo and husband Harvey Ryan to become the next Tom and Pippa Fletcher, she replied: "Yes, I think so. It would be interesting to see them become foster parents, as that's always been at the heart of the show.

"The River Boys have given it a new sense of danger and masculinity, but it's important to be able to return to what makes Home and Away so popular - welcoming people into your home, and dealing with the happiness and drama which comes from that."

On whether Home and Away is fun to film, Parker continued: "We make it fun! I think we're lucky in Summer Bay House that we have a core set of people, such as Ray [Meagher] and Emily [Symons], who work and think in the same way.

"With such a broad cast, you're going to get people who work in different ways, and sometimes there are people you might not be that keen on doing a scene with. It's a pretty happy set, though.

"Roo and Harvey's wedding was brilliant to film - I loved Marilyn being Roo's bridesmaid, and also Harvey's friends who came in. A lot of the storylines revolve around the younger characters, which is good because it's what the viewers like. But I love the big stuff that the older cast get to do."

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 7pm on Network Seven in Australia.

Home and Away's Roo Stewart will be left devastated when she receives the news that her husband Harvey is missing.

Roo gets a phone call informing her that Harvey has gone missing during a sailing trip with his friend Winston.

While John, Marilyn and Maddy all rally round to help her, Roo remains terrified over the prospect that Harvey could be dead.

Georgie Parker - who plays Roo - said to TV Week: "Roo's whole world is shattered. It is a very scary situation to have no idea where your partner is. Roo is fearing for Harvey's life.

"For Roo, that sense of your world being completely shaken from beneath you is scary. The idea of losing your family or the ones you care about is terrifying."

Also ahead on Home and Away, Harvey Ryan bids farewell to Summer Bay as he heads off travelling.

After Marilyn (Emily Symons) becomes worried that Winston is still in love with her, she sets about trying to encourage him to leave the Bay, suggesting that he should see the world as he can afford to.

However, as Marilyn rushes ahead with the plans and is on the brink of making a round-the-world booking, Harvey and Roo are forced to tell her that Winston is broke.

Marilyn tries to set up a loving environment so that Winston feels comfortable to tell her about his situation, but to everyone's surprise he shows up with news that one of his companies has secured a new patent meaning that he is now richer than he's ever been.

Winston then decides to go on the trip after all, and wants to take Harvey with him. Harvey says his goodbyes to Roo and the two men set off to travel the world.

Harvey prepares to leave.
    © Channel 5
    Harvey prepares to leave.

Harvey prepares to leave with Winston.
    © Channel 5
    Harvey prepares to leave with Winston.

Harvey and Roo say goodbye.
    © Channel 5
    Harvey and Roo say goodbye.

Home and Away airs these scenes on Thursday, November 21 and Friday, November 22 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-11-2013), tammyy2j (12-11-2013)

I think Harvey dies, on Wikipedia, it says that the character is departing in 2013 :-(
    I'll actually miss him and Roo together :-(

Home and Away's Harvey Ryan will turn up in Summer Bay unexpectedly after being feared dead for weeks.

Roo (Georgie Parker) was left devastated when she received a call informing her that Harvey (Marcus Graham) had gone missing during a sailing trip with Winston.

As friends and family have rallied around her, Roo has had to face the tough reality that she may never see Harvey again.

However, just as she starts to accept her husband's fate, Roo is overjoyed when Harvey returns home alive, TV Week reports.

Roo's joy will turn to concern when it soon becomes apparent that Harvey is a changed man after becoming lost at sea, and the couple could face a challenging journey ahead as they come to terms with what has happened to him.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 7pm on Network Seven in Australia.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

xessixa (18-11-2013)

I guess what I read was just a rumour then, I'm so glad! I really like Roo and Harvey together :-)

Over on Home and Away, Roo Stewart's future with her husband Harvey Ryan is thrown into question when he appears to be a changed man following his time lost at sea.

Although Harvey's loved ones are pleased to have him back in Summer Bay, they quickly become concerned by how distant and quiet he is.

With Harvey (Marcus Graham) struggling to adjust back to normal life, he soon seeks an escape by leaving the Bay again - making the false excuse that he is going to visit his daughter Lottie.

While he is away, Harvey fails to make any contact with Roo (Georgie Parker), which is a cruel reminder of the time she spent fearing that she'd lost him.

When Harvey finally reappears again, no-nonsense Alf warns him to change his attitude and fix things with Roo. However, when Harvey does speak to Roo, he shocks her by suggesting that they'd both be better off if she still thought he was dead…

Roo confides in Alf and Marilyn about her marriage crisis
    © Channel 5
    Roo confides in Alf and Marilyn about her marriage

Alf confronts Harvey
    © Channel 5
    Alf confronts Harvey

Harvey isn't responsive to Alf's advice
    © Channel 5
    Harvey isn't responsive to Alf's advice

Home and Away airs these scenes on Tuesday, March 11 and Wednesday, March 12 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Thread Information