Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roo Stewart

What age is Martha?

Could Penn be Roo and Frank's son?

Martha must be around 21 because Roo getting pregnant was one of the first big storylines of H&A when it began on ITV.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I think Martha must have been SORASeD as she's been married twice, not to mention all the men in between and was around for at least five years.

This is the profile for Martha; she first appeared in 1988 so that would make her at least 22. If she hasn't been SORASeD, she would have been ~18 when she first married Jack.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    I think Martha must have been SORASeD as she's been married twice, not to mention all the men in between and was around for at least five years.

This is the profile for Martha; she first appeared in 1988 so that would make her at least 22. If she hasn't been SORASeD, she would have been ~18 when she first married Jack.
    I'm probably being thick here, but what does SORAeD mean?

Soap opera rapid ageing syndrome. Its where a character has a few years added onto or taken off their original age to suit storylines. Its been used a fair bit on H&A, none spring to my frazzled mind right now though.

Edit: went to google "sorased home and away" and this thread came up second in the search. How random
    Last edited by Abigail; 11-08-2010 at 22:35.
    Thanks CrazyLea

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-08-2010)

According to tvtropes:

Duncan Stewart (son of Alf and Ailsa) in Home And Away - originally aging normally from baby to toddler to young child, the character then disappeared only to reappear again as a teenager a couple of seasons later.

Also Martha, who arrived as an 18 year-old going on 19 in 2005, despite being born onscreen in 1988.

However, it should be noted that the show otherwise averts this, with Sally Fletcher being the most obvious example.

I think it happens quite often in Corrie and EastEnders.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Georgie Parker has defended her decision to accept a role in Home and Away.

The 46-year-old Australian actress, who won numerous Gold Logie awards, has signed a three-year contract to play Alf Stewart's estranged daughter Roo in the soap after five years away from television.

Parker told The Daily Telegraph: "The show does its genre really well. I am not an elite actor and I don't act for other actors or critics. It's a job I love to do and it's how I support my family. It's as simple as that.

"Yes, it's a soap, but it's been going for 23 years and I love the way it does soap extremely well.''

Parker, who is best known for playing nurse Terri Sullivan in All Saints, said that working with Ray Meagher on the show as his on-screen daughter has been "wonderful".

She said: "It's 20 years since we've seen Roo and I'm hoping the audience will see her from a fresh perspective. It's a fresh start for the both of us. She's back for money, but why she needs it and who it's for is the question."

Home And Away star Ray Meagher reckons it will be "interesting" to have Alf Stewart's daughter Roo back in Summer Bay.

Roo, originally played by Justine Clarke, left the Bay in 1989 to go and live in New York, but is returning to the show, this time played by Georgie Parker,

In an interview with Inside Soap, Ray said he was excited about what's in store.

"It's going to be interesting. I had a fantastic relationship with Justine Clarke, who played her originally, so in some ways it's a shame she's not coming back. But you couldn't get anyone better than Georgie Parker to replace her - she's got energy and spark and a great vibe to the place."

Ray is currently taking a break from the show to star in Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert in London's West End.

He will return to the soap next year, however, and is contracted until the middle of 2012.

Home And Away newcomer Georgie Parker has promised a "new interpretation" of the character of Roo Stewart.

The daughter of Summer Bay stalwart Alf Stewart (Ray Meagher) has been away from the area for more than 20 years, but returns unexpectedly from New York.

Georgie, who has taken over the role from Justine Clarke, told Inside Soap magazine: "A lot's happened since we last saw her in Summer Bay. She's now a grown woman. So this is a new interpretation of the character."

Alf is gobsmacked by her surprise comeback, and viewers will see there is more to the story of her homecoming than she at first suggests.

Asked whether time has mellowed the formerly manipulative character, Georgie said: "She's a complex woman and has a strong history. Roo is no pushover and likes to tell it as it is. But is she still manipulative? You'll just have to wait and see."
    Last edited by Perdita; 01-12-2010 at 19:11.

Exclamation Roo Stewart

Home and Away's Roo Stewart will face a dilemma in upcoming episodes as her ex-boyfriend Tim hatches a plan to win her back.

As revealed last week, actor Jonny Pasvolsky has been cast in the role of Tim, who turns up in Summer Bay hoping to rekindle his relationship with Roo.

When it becomes clear that Roo is happy with new fiancé Harvey Ryan (Marcus Graham), a persistent Tim schemes to get closer to her - offering an intriguing business proposal which would keep him in the Bay.

Georgie Parker, who plays Roo, told TV Week: "I think in her heart she probably thinks that what he's doing is to try and win her back. But there also aren't a lot of employment opportunities in Summer Bay, and he offers her work and that makes her feel good.

"She's torn between going back to what she's good at doing, which is business and marketing, and making sure she doesn't fall back into the trap of falling for him."

When Harvey later confronts Tim over his behaviour, Roo isn't pleased with her partner's interference.

Parker added: "If Harvey pushes her into a corner and forces her to make a choice, she's a pretty strong person and she wouldn't want to be stopped from doing anything she wants to do.

"She likes adventure and if she feels like her options are being limited, she would do a runner. Tim's arrival poses all these questions. Roo could be about to risk everything."

Home and Away airs these scenes next week on Network Seven in Australia, and in October on Channel 5 in the UK.

Thread Information