Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Roo Stewart

Nowtolove.com.au article (2nd part of the article):

Roo: 'I'm leaving Summer Bay!'

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...ian-date-65468

Their love affair has barely begun, but Owen is seeking a new life outside the Bay, putting Roo in a quandary.

In a week full of distractions, Roo (Georgie Parker) can sense something is off between them. Owen (Cameron Daddo) can't seem to settle in town and constantly talks of the future.

Their romance has also hit a snag ? unlike in recent weeks when they couldn't keep their hands off each other!

"Roo genuinely likes Owen, but it's complicated by the intensity of her time with him," Georgie, tells TV WEEK. "She doesn't want to throw away
    a chance at love."

Eventually, Roo summons the courage to ask Owen about his mood and is heartbroken when he declares he wants to leave Summer Bay!

At the Diner, she vents to Marilyn (Emily Symons) and Irene (Lynne McGranger). Was she foolish to think he wanted more between them?

"She tries to be brave, but I think she's also devastated," Georgie says. "But if she can't be honest with Owen, she'd rather give it time to see how her feelings settle."

The following day, Owen reiterates that he wanted them both to leave the Bay ? together. He's off to visit Evan's grave and wants her by his side.

Will Roo say yes?

And from Digital Spy:

Home and Away's Roo Stewart left devastated by Owen decision
    Roo faces a big decision.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...owen-decision/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 05-10-2020 at 22:28.

Digital Spy article:

Home and Away star Georgie Parker reacts to 10-year milestone as Roo Stewart
    "The time just flies by."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...art-milestone/

Home and Away star Georgie Parker has reflected on her impressive 10-year milestone in the role of Roo Stewart, revealing that she always hoped to secure such a long stint with the show.

The former All Saints star took over the role of Roo in 2010 and has stuck with the Summer Bay soap ever since.

Georgie recently celebrated 10 years to the day since her first episode aired in Australia, while UK fans saw her first appearance in December 2010.

Speaking to Digital Spy about her longevity with the show, Georgie laughed: "It's so weird! I didn't even know, until I realised that my daughter was 10 when I joined and she turned 20 in September. Where has that time gone? It just feels like nothing!

"It's bizarre. In some jobs, you feel every day of it. In others, you think: 'Oh gosh, it's the end of another year!' This is definitely one of those jobs because the time just flies by. I'm thrilled that I can say I've been here for 10 years."

Asked whether she always hoped for a long stay, Georgie replied: "I knew the show would just keep going, because it's become its own world. I also knew that I said yes to stay.

"I love doing theatre, so in my contract, they do let me take breaks for that. So whenever Roo goes off air, it's because I'm off in a play. If Roo ever goes off to do some outback teaching or something like that, it's because I'm doing a play in Sydney!

"I was very fortunate to be able to say 'yes' to this job and I'm very fortunate that it's still ongoing.

"I always wanted it to be a long run and that's why you say yes to shows like this, because they give you the opportunity to knuckle down and get the work done. I like that rhythm of working all the time."

Georgie went on to reflect on her favourite storyline ? the Summer Bay sinkhole shock from 2018.

She said: "I've had a lot of different storylines that I've really liked, but my favourite had to be when Ray Meagher and I were down the sinkhole! Alf had concrete on him and was having a heart attack. That's when he admitted to Roo that Martha was not dead.

"We loved all of the scenes that we got to play out with that. Ray and I loved the drama of it and really enjoyed it. Then Belinda Giblin came in as Martha, which was fantastic. Now we're a family and it's great.

"Ray, Belinda and Lukas Radovich (Ryder) are among the people I'm closest to at work. I'm also very close to Emily Symons (Marilyn) ? we're good mates and I think she is the best. I get on really well with everyone. I get on really well with Sam Frost (Jasmine) and just so many of the others, like Paddy O'Connor (Dean).

"When you're working with people for such long hours and you have to do a lot of problem solving, it just makes you connect with people on a different level. But the people I spend the most time with are Ray, Belinda, Emily and Lukas. We're like a little family.

"I'm also still in touch with a lot of people who have left the show too."

Prior to Home and Away, Georgie was best known for playing the role of Terri Sullivan on All Saints.

On the roles she gets recognised for when she's out and about, Georgie said: "It's Roo quite a bit, and it's Terri from All Saints a bit. It totally depends on the age of the person.

"Sometimes I get people saying 'I watched you on Play School', which was literally for four-year-olds! I did about five to seven years of that and I have a lot of people who know me from that, who are now running around at the age of 20.

"Then I've got the theatre people who don't watch TV but they'll come to the theatre. Most of the time people call me Georgie, but what I find most amusing is when people get it wrong and call me Georgia!"

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 (Australia).

Get a job Roo.

All she does is follow her old man around and sponge off her parents while living at home with them and her best pal Marilyn.

Digital Spy article:

Home and Away reveals emotional promo for Roo and Martha story
    Australian fans are going to need tissues this week.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...a-story-promo/

Home and Away spoilers for Australian and UK viewers follow.

Home and Away has released a new promo for Roo and Martha Stewart's emotional upcoming storyline.

Australian viewers have already seen scenes of a toxic gas attack in Salt (which will air in the UK next week as the finale for the year), which has left Martha in a bad state and needing a kidney transplant. She's been moved to the Northern Districts Hospital, where doctors are looking for a suitable donor.

As the teaser trailer reveals, Roo finds out that she is a match, meaning she can donate her kidney to save her mother's life.

But, as much as Roo is adamant that she wants to go through with it, Martha is equally is sure that she doesn't want her child to give up her kidney for her. Will they be able to come to an agreement, and what does Alf think about all of this?

Get your tissues at the ready, Aussie fans, as these scenes are airing this week. UK fans can expect to see these scenes a few weeks after the soap returns in early 2022.

Meanwhile, Irene Roberts actress Lynne McGranger is releasing her autobiography, which will detail her many, many years on the Australian soap.

Although it won't be a "squeaky clean", the star has admitted that she changed certain things so as to not cause upset.

"To be honest, if there was any chance of me hurting someone's feelings ? or worse, getting sued ? I've changed their name," McGranger explained.

"With some past friendships, past acquaintances, people who may have come into my life and not left the greatest impression, I've changed names," she added. "I haven't used their real name if I was going to offend anybody."

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 (Australia). Selected classic episodes are available via Amazon Prime Video in the UK.

DS article:

Home and Away's Martha Stewart shocks Alf in transplant plot
    Will the operation go ahead?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...rt-shocks-alf/

Home and Away spoilers follow from recent Australian episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away's Martha Stewart has hinted that she might turn down her daughter Roo's life-saving offer.

Martha (Belinda Giblin) and Roo (Georgie Parker) are currently at the centre of an emotional new storyline on Australian screens.

Martha urgently needs a new kidney after suffering complications when she was involved in the recent toxic gas attack at Salt.

In Thursday's episodes on Channel 7 in Australia (November 18), the Stewart family struggled as Martha insisted on planning her own funeral in order to prepare for the worst.

Martha was told that her son Kieran was not a match for a possible transplant, but there was hope on the horizon when Roo learned that she was.

Roo took the news as a miracle for her beloved mum and had no doubts whatsoever about going through with the surgery as soon as possible.

However, during a private moment with her husband Alf (Ray Meagher), a troubled Martha made it clear that she'd be having the final say.

Worried about the potential risks, Martha asked her husband: "How can I let her give up so much for something so uncertain? I don't think I can let her do this, Alf. I think I'm going to say no."

Back at home later on, Alf urged Roo not to be so gung-ho with her attitude towards the transplant.

Hinting at Martha's doubts, Alf pointed out: "It's not just up to you. There are other people involved. And the way you're talking at the moment, it's making me think you haven't given it any thought at all."

Is Roo in for a shock when she finds out about Martha's reservations?

Home and Away airs these scenes on Channel 5 in the UK early next year.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 (Australia). Selected classic episodes are available via Amazon Prime Video in the UK.

kieran return to match?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    kieran return to match?
    Roo has mentioned that he has been tested & is not a match.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

lizann (18-11-2021)

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Home and Away: Roo wants to make the ultimate sacrifice to save Martha's life, but will her mother allow it?
    ''They couldn't face losing Martha again.''

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...o-kidney-70013

The Stewarts are faced with more hard choices this week as Martha's condition worsens. Now, Roo could be the key to her survival, but it will take a huge sacrifice of her own.

At the hospital, Alf (Ray Meagher) tries to keep a weakened Martha (Belinda Giblin) in good spirits as they listen to doctor's advice.

Logan (Harley Bonner), who has been treating Martha since her admission to hospital reveals she requires a kidney transplant as soon as possible. However, she can continue dialysis at home if they can afford to make the arrangements.

"Since the poisoning, Martha's health has deteriorated quickly," Georgie tells TV WEEK. "They have been very worried about her and want a recovery. But unfortunately this isn't something where there is a quick fix."

For a brief moment, Alf has a new mission to bring his wife home. Roo (Georgie Parker) hopes she is a match for her mother's kidney transplant but warns her father not to get his hopes up. Feeling overwhelmed, Alf lets his anger fly ? he is bringing Martha home! He has to.

The following morning, the Stewarts receive good news: Roo is a match and there's a slot open for surgery this week! Alf lets out a sigh of relief? but Martha isn't pleased.

If Roo donates her kidney, the health complications will last her entire life. She also can't bear the idea of taking an organ from her daughter.

Roo promises to consider her options carefully, but her mind is already made up. This is the only way.

"There were so many years that the Stewart family were apart, so since Alf and Martha found their way back to each other, the family has been so happy," Georgie says. "They couldn't face losing Martha again."

Later however, after Alf and Roo have headed home, Martha begins making funeral arrangements from her hospital bed.

"Martha doesn't want Roo to make such a huge sacrifice..." Georgie explains.

Has she given up?

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...felicity-71384

Alf is stuck in the middle of his family's drama

In the uphill battle for the Stewart family to reconcile their differences, this week may finally yield some positive results.

Alf (Ray Meagher) decides to visit Martha (Belinda Giblin) in Merimbula and invites his daughter Roo (Georgie Parker) to join him. She declines, not ready to play happy families yet.

Earlier in the year, Martha refused to take Roo's kidney in a life-or-death transplant, the result of which means her grave health is on the decline. In Roo's eyes, she has simply given up on her life and her loved ones.

Alf puts the pressure on for Roo to mend fences, but his efforts make the situation worse. Justin (James Stewart) tries to counsel the pair and suggests Alf use a lighter touch. He then tells Roo to make every day count ? Ari's tragic death proved how precious life is.

At the Surf Club, Alf tries once more to reason with Roo, but she won't budge. He leaves for Merimbula, exasperated. John (Shane Withington), who is listening nearby, then reveals that he can understand Martha's stance ? he wouldn't put his children in harm's way either.

Roo is stunned. Perhaps, she's been wrong this whole time?

And the DS article:

Home and Away's Roo Stewart to receive a wake-up call over her feud with Martha
    Can John Palmer get through to Roo?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...l-martha-feud/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 14-03-2022 at 20:08.

Roo grapples with losing her mother

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...stin-roo-71458

Their relationship is strained, but one phone call might change the lives of Roo and her mother Martha forever.

This week, Roo (Georgie Parker) asks Dr Logan (Harley Bonner) to check in with her mother's medical team in Merimbula.

Martha (Belinda Giblin) moved back there after refusing to accept Roo's liver transplant, causing tension in the family.

To her surprise, Logan reveals time isn't on their side. Martha's condition has deteriorated markedly. Roo is stunned. How could her dad Alf (Ray Meagher) have kept this from her?

When confronted, Alf admits he's scared of losing his wife and that telling Roo would just confirm his fears. Later, Roo wallows in her grief, but can't find a way to let go of her anger.

With time running out, can Roo forgive Martha before it's too late?

Home and Away airs 7pm Monday-Thursday on Channel Seven.

EDIT:

Home and Away's Roo Stewart to receive upsetting news over her mum Martha
    Will Roo make peace with Martha?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...ha-transplant/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 21-03-2022 at 20:09.

Thread Information