Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Pennant

Exclamation Danny Pennant

EastEnders bosses have announced that former Footballers' Wives star Gary Lucy is joining the soap in a guest role.

The actor is to play the part of 28-year-old Danny Pennant, a mischievous city banker who has been tipped to turn heads in Walford.

© BBC

Pictured: Gary Lucy as Danny Pennant.

Little is known about which characters Danny will be interacting with, but show chiefs have teased that the charmer "oozes sex appeal" and has a "compelling charisma".

An EastEnders statement said: "With his irresistible charm and luring persona, Danny is desired and envied by both men and women - girls want to be seen with him and boys want to be him.

"He will inevitably create controversial encounters and his provocative and lustful nature is bound to land him in trouble."

Along with Footballers' Wives, Lucy's previous acting credits include regular roles on The Bill and Hollyoaks.

Danny's first episode will air in September.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dutchgirl (24-08-2012), owenlee4me (05-08-2012), tammyy2j (03-08-2012)

The perfect twist to the Kat infidelity tale would be him x

Oh I remember him from Hollyoaks. Lets see how long it take him to have his wicked way (god I am being very polite for a Friday morning!), with the ladies of the Square, with EXPLOSIVE consequences!

An EastEnders statement said: "With his irresistible charm and luring persona, Danny is desired and envied by both men and women - girls want to be seen with him and boys want to be him.
    LOL

Who writes this crap?

lol, this is going to be the most stereotypical crap about him being an 'evil banker', isn't it?
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

why would a City Banker live in Walford? or am i just being naive?
    But bring it on, at last someone is thinking of the 30something viewers and not just focussing on "hollyoak" type characters for the kiddies (sorry meant young adults!)
    Maybe it's turn for the 30 something viewers to have some adult castings????????????
    No doubt this Danny will start the tongues wagging!!
    Last edited by owenlee4me; 05-08-2012 at 10:18. Reason: missed sentence

EastEnders newcomer Gary Lucy will play a gay character in Albert Square, it has been reported.

The actor's alter ego Danny Pennant, who arrives in Walford in September, will apparently become involved in a love triangle with Christian and Syed.

A source told The Sun: "All the girls think he's a real ladies' man. But they're soon disappointed when it turns out he's not interested in women.

"He'll ruffle a few feathers and Christian and Syed's relationship will be tested."

Fans could be left to wonder whether Christian and Syed's relationship will break down because of Danny.

An EastEnders spokesperson refused to confirm or deny the rumour, telling Digital Spy: "It's fair to say that Danny is going to cause a few problems for the residents of Walford but viewers will have to tune in and see for themselves as we don't want to spoil the surprise!"

Details of mischievous city banker Danny first emerged at the beginning of the month.

Ex-Footballers' Wives star Lucy has signed up for an initial three months with the BBC soap.

Christian (John Partridge) and Syed (Marc Elliott) have been quiet since their storyline with Amira concluded in March.

Last edited by Perdita; 22-08-2012 at 15:21.

let me guess if syed or christian sleeps with him syed's money problems disappear

Gary Lucy has spoken about his "fantastic" new role in EastEnders.

The former Hollyoaks actor will appear in the soap later this week as city banker Danny Pennant.

His character finds himself in a love triangle with Syed (Marc Elliott) and Christian (John Partridge) after meeting Syed at the Argee Bhajee.

"It's been a fantastic couple of weeks, a good storyline and one I thoroughly enjoy," Lucy told The Sun.

Talking about playing a gay character, Lucy said: "It's different for me, a challenge, but one I'm happy to grasp and I'm enjoying.

"It's a fantastic opportunity."

Christian and Syed - who are currently planning their wedding - will be leaving the soap in November as part of a dramatic storyline.

When asked if Danny is the main reason behind their exit, Lucy added: "I don't think it's the real reason that they leave, but I don't think it helps much."

Gary Lucy's first EastEnders scenes will air on Thursday (September 27) on BBC One.

Thread Information