Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 40th Anniversary Storyline

Emmerdale's Natalie J Robb has spoken about her upcoming storyline in the soap.

The 37-year-old actress - who stars as Moira Barton in the ITV1 drama - will soon begin a romance with farm worker Alex Moss, played by 21-year-old Kurtis Stacey.

Speaking about the first romantic scenes between the pair, she told The Daily Record: "He starts taking his top off in the house and there's a lot of torso showing. It's not a bad body, I have to say, and I'm getting paid to look at it.

"Moira thinks he's quite sweet, and when he splits up with his girlfriend she starts to fancy him."

The actress revealed that she found it strange kissing Stacey throughout their scenes together.

"It's not because he is young, more the way he kissed me. I thought, 'Right, you've been thinking about that, sunshine'. He just went for it.

"The *producer said to me afterwards, 'I can't believe I'm putting this on at 7pm'. He said the scenes looked fantastic but he was worried about the *watershed."

Robb explained that she often dates younger men in real life, but not as young as co-star Stacey.

"They're *getting younger as I'm *getting older but you're as old as the man you feel! I'm not talking a massive age gap... possibly six years tops. I probably looked older when I was 22 than I do now.

"Age isn't an issue to me. I don't know why Harry from One Direction gets so much *criticism for *dating older women. He's enjoying life and maybe he just prefers girls who are older.

"He's a little bit young for me though - he's what you call just out of the wrapper."

Robb added that she has no plans on leaving the soap in the near future, saying: "As long as they're happy with me and I'm happy, then why change it?

"It's a lovely place to work and I'm still really enjoying it. And you know why!"

Emmerdale airs weeknights on ITV1.

Emmerdale's production team are building a new Woolpack set for the soap's upcoming live episode, it has been revealed.

The ITV1 drama has a live special lined up for its 40th anniversary in October, which will be shot entirely on-location at the programme's village base.

Although Emmerdale's village and studio-based interior sets are miles apart, show bosses are keen for The Woolpack to feature in the special episode.

Series producer Stuart Blackburn told TV Times: "The Woolpack building in the village is actually a shell and we shoot the interior scenes in our studio in Leeds. Obviously, we can't have the 40th birthday without the cast going into the pub, so we're building the inside of The Woolpack in the real building!"

The week of anniversary episodes is expected to span a 48-hour timeframe on screen.

Blackburn continued: "There will be two very, very different weddings and there are two babies being born, though again the circumstances behind the two births are entirely different.

"Hopefully, we'll have some of the funniest, most life-affirming and heart-warming scenes cut against the dark, destructive souls of some of our lead characters."

Emmerdale reaches its 40th anniversary on October 16.

Emmerdale's production team are building a new Woolpack set for the soap's upcoming live episode, it has been revealed.

The ITV1 drama has a live special lined up for its 40th anniversary in October, which will be shot entirely on-location at the programme's village base.

Although Emmerdale's village and studio-based interior sets are miles apart, show bosses are keen for The Woolpack to feature in the special episode.

Series producer Stuart Blackburn told TV Times: "The Woolpack building in the village is actually a shell and we shoot the interior scenes in our studio in Leeds. Obviously, we can't have the 40th birthday without the cast going into the pub, so we're building the inside of The Woolpack in the real building!"

The week of anniversary episodes is expected to span a 48-hour timeframe on screen.

Blackburn continued: "There will be two very, very different weddings and there are two babies being born, though again the circumstances behind the two births are entirely different.

"Hopefully, we'll have some of the funniest, most life-affirming and heart-warming scenes cut against the dark, destructive souls of some of our lead characters."

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (14-08-2012), patacake38 (14-08-2012), TaintedLove (16-08-2012), tammyy2j (15-08-2012)

EMMERDALE is to celebrate its 40th birthday in October by screening the first ever music festival built from scratch for a TV soap.
    The Homefields Festival is planned by Declan (Jason Merrells) and Megan (Gaynor Faye) and features Scouting For Girls and The Proclaimers.
    A full stage with working lighting rig was built on Emmerdale Farm.
    Also on set were VIP and backstage areas, food and drink outlets, blocks of toilets and hundreds of extras dressed as festival goers.
    Gaynor said: “At one point I was bopping around to Scouting For Girls and forgot I was on a set.”
    The ITV soap’s 40th birthday celebrations will also feature one live episode, two weddings and the births of two babies.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz25507PoT0
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (06-09-2012), tammyy2j (01-09-2012)

EMMERDALE is to celebrate its 40th birthday in October by screening the first ever music festival built from scratch for a TV soap.
    The Homefields Festival is planned by Declan (Jason Merrells) and Megan (Gaynor Faye) and features Scouting For Girls and The Proclaimers.
    A full stage with working lighting rig was built on Emmerdale Farm.
    Also on set were VIP and backstage areas, food and drink outlets, blocks of toilets and hundreds of extras dressed as festival goers.
    Gaynor said: “At one point I was bopping around to Scouting For Girls and forgot I was on a set.”
    The ITV soap’s 40th birthday celebrations will also feature one live episode, two weddings and the births of two babies.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz25507PoT0
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

The weddings are more likely Cameron and Debbie and Katie and Declan or also could be Chas and Dan forgot about that unlikely doomed couple

Last edited by tammyy2j; 01-09-2012 at 23:15.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    The weddings are more likely Cameron and Debbie and Katie and Declan or also could be Chas and Dan forgot about that unlikely doomed couple
    And the births Debbie's and Gennie's baby making an appearence.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    And the births Debbie's and Gennie's baby making an appearence.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

An Emmerdale character will die in the climax of October's 40th anniversary live episode, it has been confirmed.

Emmerdale village will be shaken by the shock death in the evening following two weddings.

ITV has also revealed that the live special - to be shot entirely on-location - will be an hour long.

Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter) is set to marry Dan Spencer (Liam Fox), while Declan Macey (Jason Merrells) will take Katie Sugden (Sammy Winward) down the aisle.

Meanwhile, two babies will be born in the show's special birthday week. Cleaner Rachel Breckle (Gemma Oaten) is currently pregnant with Jai Sharma's (Chris Bisson) baby, while Gennie Walker (Sian Reese-Williams) and Jai's brother Nikhil Sharma (Rik Makarem) are also expecting.

Emmerdale's series producer Stuart Blackburn announced: "In our spectacular live episode viewers will be taken on a whirlwind journey encompassing every life experience from the two cradles to the grave with love, hate and betrayal along the way.

"We want to avoid speculation as to which character dies but suffice to say it will have major, far-reaching repercussions."

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (06-09-2012), suzewebb (07-09-2012)

Thread Information