Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 40th Anniversary Storyline

Emmerdale will broadcast a live episode for its 40th anniversary,

The special broadcast will take place in October to celebrate the ITV1 soap's milestone.

Show stars Jason Merrells and Gaynor Faye, who play Macey siblings Declan and Megan, revealed the news to Digital Spy's showbiz reporter Anna Williamson on the red carpet at the British Soap Awards at the weekend.

Merrells commented: "We've got the 40th anniversary of the show [coming up], it's got a live ep so everybody's positive about that. It should be pretty good, the stories are getting stronger and everything's hotting up."

Meanwhile, Faye predicted that the live broadcast would feature "fireworks".

She explained: "None of us actually know whether we're involved or not… I think they're going to try and involve everybody because it's such a celebration and such an achievement to get to the 40th year. So fingers crossed everybody will be involved."

In a statement released exclusively to Digital Spy this afternoon (May 1), an Emmerdale spokesperson commented: "In celebration of its 40th birthday, Emmerdale will be going live for the first time for an episode in October.

"Series producer Stuart Blackburn has already confirmed that the anniversary will be a week long celebration of 'must see TV featuring two weddings, one of which will be the most unexpected we have ever seen, plus the birth of two babies'.

"Further highlights and the date and length of the episode will be announced on a separate occasion."

Soap fans saw Coronation Street go live for its 40th and 50th anniversaries in 2000 and 2010 respectively, while EastEnders broadcast a live special for its 25th birthday.
    Last edited by alan45; 01-05-2012 at 17:23.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Emmerdale star Gaynor Faye has said that she is expecting "a real thrill" when the soap goes live later this year.

The ITV1 drama will broadcast a live episode as part of its 40th anniversary celebrations in October, as Digital Spy exclusively revealed last month.

Faye, who plays Home Farm businesswoman Megan Macey, has now expressed her excitement over the challenge in store.

She told Inside Soap: "I've done lots of theatre and enjoy that buzz, so I think there'll be a real thrill when we go live.

"You have to know your lines, that's for sure! I watched the Coronation Street live episode - it was fantastic."

Megan and her half-brother Declan (Jason Merrells) are currently busy planning a music festival on screen, but Faye confessed that she would not follow in their footsteps in real life.

She said: "I've never been to a festival and to be honest, I don't want to! You're either that type of person or you're not, and I'm just not. I like to go to concerts where I've got a seat and can find my drink - and don't have to wear my wellies!

"So I've never been into camping and roughing it, yet here I am in Emmerdale organising a festival and covered in mud half the time. That's the life!"

Emmerdale continues tonight (June 15) at 7.30pm on ITV1.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I think Moira will get with Andy or Alex
    Yep looks like Alex has a thing for her

Quote Originally Posted by southlundon View Post
    I bet Gennie's pregnant - she's ill at the moment and that could be the early signs of pregnancy. It would fit with the 2 babies storyline and the 'life-changing challenges' mentioned.
    Good call

Rachel by Jai and Chas by Cameron also a possibility for second pregnancy

Emmerdale's director for its 40th birthday live episode will be Tony Prescott, it has been confirmed.

Digital Spy exclusively revealed in May that ITV would screen a special one-off live edition to mark its fourth decade in October.

Prescott directed Coronation Street's 50th anniversary live tram crash special in 2010, for which he won a BAFTA last year. Prescott also shot Corrie's live 40th anniversary edition in 2000.

Emmerdale's series producer Stuart Blackburn said in a statement: "The entire live episode is going to be shot on location at the Emmerdale village set in the Yorkshire Dales. We are aware we may be presented with one or two challenges and couldn't think of a better director to tackle them. We are delighted Tony has agreed to be part of Emmerdale's 40th celebrations."

Meanwhile, Prescott commented: "It's a great honour to be asked to direct Emmerdale's 40th anniversary episode. It is highly ambitious and will mirror the great aspirations that have made the drama so successful. This will be a celebration of all the superb art and craft that exists here in Yorkshire."

Speaking to Digital Spy last week, Blackburn divulged that the episode won't contain any stunts, but refused to rule out the possibility of returning characters.

Jai wants kids Charity dont so whats the odds Rachel becomes pregnant by Jai

My thoughts exactly!

Emmerdale's live episode will be followed by an ITV2 backstage special, it has been reported.

Emmerdale Uncovered: Live, to be screened immediately after the main ITV1 event in October, will feature backstage action in front of a studio audience of superfans.

An insider told the Daily Star: "Emmerdale Uncovered: Live will get right to the heart of all the action.

"We will be getting all the reaction from the cast as soon as they come off air and speaking to the crew about how they managed to pull it all off."

However, many more details are still to be revealed about the programme, including the casting of a presenter.

Digital Spy exclusively reported back in May that Emmerdale would screen a live special to celebrate its 40th anniversary.

The director of the special was last month confirmed to be Tony Prescott, who shot Coronation Street's 50th live episode in 2010.

Producer Stuart Blackburn confirmed that filming will take place "entirely" on location in the Yorkshire Dales.

Stars Lucy Pargeter (Chas Dingle), Dominic Power (Cameron Murray), Charley Webb (Debbie Dingle) are known to be playing big roles in the live drama, with their on-screen love triangles set to come to a head.

Emmerdale's live episode will be followed by an ITV2 backstage special, it has been reported.

Emmerdale Uncovered: Live, to be screened immediately after the main ITV1 event in October, will feature backstage action in front of a studio audience of superfans.

An insider told the Daily Star: "Emmerdale Uncovered: Live will get right to the heart of all the action.

"We will be getting all the reaction from the cast as soon as they come off air and speaking to the crew about how they managed to pull it all off."

However, many more details are still to be revealed about the programme, including the casting of a presenter.

Digital Spy exclusively reported back in May that Emmerdale would screen a live special to celebrate its 40th anniversary.

The director of the special was last month confirmed to be Tony Prescott, who shot Coronation Street's 50th live episode in 2010.

Producer Stuart Blackburn confirmed that filming will take place "entirely" on location in the Yorkshire Dales.

Stars Lucy Pargeter (Chas Dingle), Dominic Power (Cameron Murray), Charley Webb (Debbie Dingle) are known to be playing big roles in the live drama, with their on-screen love triangles set to come to a head.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (23-07-2012)

So, another three months before this storyline kicks off, why the wait ? I was hoping Cameron would get a good slapping off Cain ,but seems unlikely if they're doing the show live. Hope Mr Prescott does better than he did on Corrie imo.

Thread Information