Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Syndicate

I think Stuart and Jamie should still get their lottery money,even if they do get caught for armed robbery.

Tuesday 24 April
    9.00-10.00pm
    BBC ONE

The final episode of Kay Mellor's drama series. Jamie thinks he’s untouchable now that he has money, but the police are convinced he’s involved in the robbery.
    Jamie tries to live his dream but his old life refuses to stay in the past. When the local drug dealer Boss pay’s Jamie a visit he is forced to go head to head with him with dramatic consequences.

Leanne’s court case in Wales is imminent and Stuart is torn between his life with Amy and Leanne, who his is desperate to support. The lottery gets in touch with the syndicate to find our how their lives have changed. Meanwhile, Bob’s surgery looms and he says his goodbyes to those he loves.

Jamie is played Matthew Lewis, Bob is played by Timothy Spall, Leanne is played by Joanna Page, Stuart is played by Matthew McNulty and Denise is played by Lorraine Bruce.

The Syndicate has been picked up for a second series.

The BBC One drama concluded on Tuesday night, drawing in nearly 5.4m viewers.

Sam Hodges, head of comms at BBC Television, announced the renewal on Twitter: "Great news for fans of The Syndicate - a second series has been commissioned for BBC One next year."

The show - written by Kay Mellor - followed five supermarket workers who enter into a lottery syndicate and win the top prize.

Each episode focused on a different character, with Timothy Spall, Joanna Page, Matthew McNulty, Lorraine Bruce and Matthew Lewis playing the leads.

Harry Potter star Lewis previously commented on the "fantastic" reaction to The Syndicate.

"People seem to have really taken to the programme," he said. "Most people aren't too fond of my character Jamie, though, and they¹ve let me know."

The Syndicate will return to BBC One in 2013.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (19-03-2013)

I'm glad that there's going to be another series,as there was a lot of unanswered questions at the end of the recent series.

Quote Originally Posted by N.Fan View Post
    I'm glad that there's going to be another series,as there was a lot of unanswered questions at the end of the recent series.
    Glad there is going to be another series but Jamie won't be in it. Matthew has a bright future ahead of him.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Mark Addy, Siobhan Finneran, Natalie Gavin, Jimi Mistry and Alison Steadman will star in the second series of BBC One’s drama The Syndicate, written by Bafta award-winning writer Kay Mellor, creator of Band Of Gold, Fat Friends, Playing The Field and A Passionate Woman.

It's Friday night and it's the Euro millions lottery draw. A syndicate of five lowly paid hospital workers at St Anthony’s in Bradford, win a life changing £72,000,000 to share between them. Mandy, Rose, Alan, Becky and Tom suddenly have more than enough money to realise all their hopes and dreams.

On joining the drama Siobhan Finneran said: “I was a huge fan of the first series of The Syndicate and I love the grittiness and realness of Kay’s characters. I am delighted to be working with such an amazing cast and can’t wait to get cracking.”

Actor Mark Addy said: "I am delighted to be joining such a stellar cast on this brilliant British drama. I have worked on many global projects but I love Kay’s writing and how she really captures the reality of people’s lives which made this an easy job for me to take."

Jimi Mistry said: "I'm so pleased to being joining such an exciting project for the BBC and can't wait to work with the fantastic team they have assembled. Looking forward to getting stuck into my character which is one of those kind of roles you always hope to play, so I thank Kay Mellor and the team for giving me this opportunity."

Alison Steadman added: "It's great to be working with Kay Mellor again. Fat Friends was a brilliant time for me, so it feels like coming home. The Syndicate is a challenge I'm looking forward to."

Speaking about the second series Kay Mellor said: “The Syndicate is a drama series of our time. As the world recession bites harder and deeper, more and more people are doing the lottery. It gives them the weekly hope of winning their way out of debt and poverty. They are five little balls away from living their dream or so they think!”

Last edited by tammyy2j; 26-10-2012 at 17:59.

Confirmed for BBC One on 19 March at 9.00pm to 10.00pm

Both Mandy (Siobhan Finneran) and her daughter Becky (Natalie Gavin) work at St Anthony’s Hospital where they’re part of a lottery syndicate, along with Nurse Tom Bedford (Jimi Mistry), Porter Alan Walters (Mark Addy) and Auxiliary Rose Wilson (Alison Steadman).
    It was the responsibility of ditzy Becky to buy last night’s lottery ticket and according to past syndicate member Helen Dolan (Sally Rogers), their numbers have come up. But Becky went to an 80s party last night and doesn’t know what she’s done with the ticket.

All hell breaks loose when the syndicate realise that £72 million is at stake. So with all eyes, hands and ears to the ground the hunt begins. But Becky didn’t sign the back of the ticket and now it’s a race to find it and claim the winnings before someone else does.

2/6

After the heartache of his final course of IVF on the NHS being unsuccessful, lovable Tom is now able to afford the best private care on offer.
    Tom's lottery win could allow him to finally become a father, but could it also help him track down his own father? Tom’s dreamt of finding his dad ever since he abandoned him and his mother when Tom was just 10 years old. With the help of an expert investigator, the search begins. But will the reunion bring more than Tom bargained for? And with jealousy rearing its ugly head, Tom’s got an even bigger shock in store.

Meanwhile, things are not right at Mandy’s house – when she says Steve is working away her words sound hollow.

back tonight

Thread Information