Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whitney houston has died

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...8hr-binge.html

TMZ today reported that she had not drowned but died as a result of taking Xanax and other prescription drugs mixed with alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post

TMZ today reported that she had not drowned but died as a result of taking Xanax and other prescription drugs mixed with alcohol.
    A coroner examining the body of Whitney Houston has ruled that there was no "foul play" involved in her death.

The legendary singer passed away at the age of 48 on Saturday (February 11) at her hotel room in Los Angeles.

An autopsy carried out yesterday (February 12) has now been completed, though the official results have been put in a "security hold" until an investigation into her death finishes. It is speculated that they could be released in six to eight weeks' time.

However, Los Angeles Deputy Coroner Ed Winter has revealed minor details of the autopsy, saying there were "no signs of trauma" or "foul play" and confirming that Houston was found in her bathtub.

"There are reports she maybe was drowned, or overdosed, but we won't make a final determination until all the tests are in," he added.

Houston's family have been allowed to collect her body and proceed with funeral arrangements due to the cause of death being deferred.

Until the autopsy report is released, any reports on the cause of death will be speculation by the press. Shame on them, she has passed away and finding the cause of death is only important in as far as making sure she was not murdered. The media should let her rest in peace

I would like to know.. I would hate to see another death via drugs glorified.... we had it already with Amy and Michael... if you are going to mess with drink/drugs then you pay the price... If it is not related to either then I will apologise but I don't want my kids to grow up thinking it is ok to do this sort of thing...
    Super Mod

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

alan45 (14-02-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post

I'll take that with a pinch of salt. There is no way, even with the most advanced tests in the world, that the tox results would be able to determine that within hours of the PM. There are very few labs that have the capabilities to run complex toxicology tests. Often the samples have to be sent out of state or to another country to be examined.
    Thanks CrazyLea

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

alan45 (13-02-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I would like to know.. I would hate to see another death via drugs glorified.... we had it already with Amy and Michael... if you are going to mess with drink/drugs then you pay the price... If it is not related to either then I will apologise but I don't want my kids to grow up thinking it is ok to do this sort of thing...
    I don't have a problem with the cause of death being published once it has been established, I just don't like every newspaper in the world coming up with their own 'Exclusive' story on how somebody died without actually knowing the facts. Like Abigail said, it will take weeks, let them report on it once it has been established.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (13-02-2012)

I think giving her history with drugs everyone assumes that is what caused her death

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    We don't know it was a drug OD yet. It usually takes 6 - 8 weeks for toxicology results from a post-mortem. She was found in the bath which could indicate she drowned. Whether that is a complication from drug use, we'll have to wait and see.
    Sorry I am just guessing it is drugs related

R.I.P Whitney Houston, I have always loved your music. You're one of my favourite artists.
    Last edited by megan999; 13-02-2012 at 17:12. Reason: spelling mistake
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to megan999 For This Useful Post:

alan45 (14-02-2012)

The funeral for the late Whitney Houston will take place this Saturday (February 18) at noon, it has been confirmed.

The 48-year-old singer died on Saturday (February 11). She was found in the bathtub of her room at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

Houston's body was flown to Newark, New Jersey last night and was taken to a funeral home close to the New Hope Baptist Church, where she sang as a child.

The owner of the Whigham Funeral Home is believed to have confirmed the early funeral arrangements.

Early rumours suggested that a more public funeral could be held at the 18,500-seater Prudential Centre. However, it has been claimed that the 'I Will Always Love You' star's mother wanted the service to be held inside the church.

Cissy Houston led the church's music programme for many years, where both Whitney and her cousin Dionne Warwick performed in the choir.

The Beverly Hills Police Department yesterday confirmed that Houston had been discovered unconscious underwater. Lieutenant Mark Rosen said: "As of right now, it's not a criminal investigation. We have concluded our portion of the investigation at the hotel."

Results of an autopsy, completed shortly before her body was flown back to her home city, have been placed in a security hold, pending toxicology results.

Whitney Houston died from drowning in a hotel bathtub, but coroner’s officials said Thursday that heart disease and chronic cocaine use were contributing factors to the singer’s death.

The release of autopsy findings Thursday ends weeks of speculation about what killed the Grammy-winning singer on Feb. 11 on the eve of the Grammy Awards.

Houston was found submerged in the bathtub of her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel and her death has been ruled as accidental. Several bottles of prescription medications were found in her hotel room, but coroner’s officials said they weren’t in excessive quantities.

Beverly Hills police said in a statement there was no evidence of wrongdoing in connection with Houston’s death.

Coroner’s spokesman Craig Harvey says cocaine and its metabolites were found in Houston’s system, and it was listed as a contributing factor in her death. He says the results indicated Houston was a chronic cocaine user.

Thread Information