Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Terry Duckworth

Why on earth would he want to open up a club in Coronation Street. Its well away from the fleshpots. That aside, I thought he was only back for 4 weeks
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Why on earth would he want to open up a club in Coronation Street. Its well away from the fleshpots. That aside, I thought he was only back for 4 weeks
    Guess his plans will meet with too much opposition from the residents and he leaves to open a club in Manchester or wherever he fancies his chances

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Guess his plans will meet with too much opposition from the residents and he leaves to open a club in Manchester or wherever he fancies his chances
    Im sure you are right but it seems a biggish storyline for just 4 weeks

Coronation Street star Alan Halsall has predicted that there could be tension between Tyrone Dobbs and Terry Duckworth when the Weatherfield bad boy makes his return.

Nigel Pivaro last week announced that he is reprising the role of Terry, who has been tipped to cause a stir on the cobbles by launching an "audacious scheme".

Terry's comeback will see him reunited with his son Tommy, played by Chris Fountain. However, Tyrone is likely to be unhappy to see him after the way he treated Jack and Vera when they were alive.

Halsall told Digital Spy: "Myself and Nigel have had some good scenes in the past, and his return will bring a whole new dimension for Chris's character too. I'm looking forward to it.

"I'm not sure yet whether anything will go on between Tyrone and Terry, but I think it's likely that something will. The last time Tyrone spoke to Terry, he told him not to turn up to Jack's funeral. So there's got to be a bit of bad blood there."

Unconfirmed tabloid reports have suggested that Terry will launch a lap dancing club in Weatherfield once he arrives back in the area.

Coronation Street fans will see Terry's return in April.

CORRIE'S Tommy Duckworth is left nursing a bloody nose — after his arch villain dad Terry returns to the cobbles.

ITV bosses are keeping tight-lipped about the reason for Terry's return to Weatherfield.

All they will reveal is that he will be shocked to discover his son, played by Chris Fountain, is living on the street.

Terry (Nigel Pavaro) will be reunited with Tommy who older viewers will remember he famously tried to SELL back in 1993, leaving mum Vera and dad Jack devastated.

Arch villain ... Terry Duckworth
    Dramatic scenes are expected to follow, when the answers behind his comeback will become clear.
    Producer Phil Collinson said: "I'm very excited to welcome back Terry Duckworth to Coronation Street. I grew up watching him duck and dive and break his parents' hearts."

Coronation Street's Michelle Keegan has given hints about the potential effects of Terry Duckworth's return.

The Tina McIntyre actress teased that Terry, played by Nigel Pivaro, will be heavily involved with son Tommy.

Tina and Tommy have flirted for over three months, but they are yet to admit their true feelings for each other.

"Well, Terry Duckworth - Tommy's dad - is coming back so we'll have to see how that affects things for Tommy and Tina," Keegan told Soaplife. "Tina's lost her dad, so will she be getting a new father figure? Or will Terry be trouble?"

Regarding whether she thinks Tina and Tommy will ever properly be in a relationship, Keegan added: "I do because I genuinely think they love each other.

"They'd make a good couple because they've liked each other for a long time. Tommy's been looking after Tina since day one.

"He was on Tina's side when she split up with Dr Matt (Oliver Mellor) and during the whole Kirsty (Natalie Gumede) and Tyrone (Alan Halsall) bust-up."

Maybe Terry takes a shine to Tina for himself

Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson gave away plenty of spoilers during his interview on This Morning today (April 2), announcing the casting of Sue Johnston as Stella's mum, dramatic wedding plans for Rita and Dennis and the details of Betty's big secret.

A few other snippets were also disclosed about Terry Duckworth's upcoming Weatherfield return and the future for Carla and Peter's relationship, which we'll detail here in Soap Scoop.

Teasing Terry's comeback, Coronation Street's boss hinted that the villain will spot an opportunity when he learns that Tommy (Chris Fountain) has inherited some cash following his grandfather's death.

Collinson joked: "He comes back to the street, and of course it's got nothing to do with the fact that his son - who he's never seen since he gave him up as a tiny baby - has just inherited a little bit of money from his grandfather! It's got absolutely nothing to do with that at all!

"[It's] really thrilling to have him back and he's excellent. He's a brilliant baddie. He's as bad as ever."

Collinson also confirmed that Carla (Alison King) and Peter (Chris Gascoyne) are staying together for now, but seemed to rule out a fairytale ending for the pair.

He said: "I love that relationship, they're like Burton and Taylor, aren't they? They're just brilliant, car crash television. They're going to be together for a while, I hope. They won't be happily ever after - no-one is in soap!"

Coronation Street bad boy Terry Duckworth returns to the cobbles later this month - and immediately finds himself in a fight with his son Tommy.

The drama begins when Nick Tilsley spots a sign outside the unit next to the Bistro, which announces that a new bar is about to open.

A shocked Nick then sees Owen struggling to get Tommy's clapped-out camper van moved from outside so that he can have a skip delivered. When Nick quizzes him about who he's working for, Owen reveals that the company is called 'TD Enterprises'.

With Tommy (Chris Fountain) nowhere to be found, a tow truck turns up and starts to lift the vehicle. When Tommy finally arrives back, he's aghast and berates the new bar's boss - which leads to a fight.

As Tommy brawls in the street, Tyrone (Alan Halsall) rushes over to pull the men apart. Only then does he realise just who Tommy's scrapping with - it's Terry (Nigel Pivaro)! How will Tommy react when he realises that he's face-to-face with his dad?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-04-2012)

Coronation Street bad boy Terry Duckworth is back causing chaos on the cobbles next week as he arrives to launch a lap-dancing bar next to the Bistro.

As Terry comes face-to-face with his shellshocked son Tommy (Chris Fountain), he doesn't seem at all interested in getting to know the mechanic - wanting to focus solely on his business ambitions.

However, Terry's attitude soon changes when he discovers that Tommy has recently inherited a substantial sum from his late grandfather Geoff. Needing financial backing to get his bar off the ground, Terry puts on a show of contrition - but will Tommy be fooled?

Here, Nigel Pivaro chats about reprising the role of Terry and reveals details of the upcoming storyline.

You've been away from acting for a few years as you're a journalist now. Would any other job have tempted you back?
    "No, not really! With all due respect, if I'd been asked to do a 20-week tour of a play, that wouldn't have grabbed me at all. But Coronation Street was obviously different."

Did you expect to return at some point?
    "Well, it hadn't really occurred to me, because I had my head down doing my journalism work. But then the phone call came, and it was a delight to be asked. It came at the right time, as I'd been writing for five years professionally, so I felt comfortable and confident with it. I thought there'd be no issue with doing something else now.

"If the offer had come in the first year or 18 months of my journalism career, I think I would have had a completely different mindset about it. However, when the call did come, I felt more than comfortable and more than established. It was perfect timing."

Terry is back to open a lap-dancing bar! Why does he choose Weatherfield for his new business?
    "Because he wants to prove a point to people round there. He could have launched the bar anywhere, really, but I think he wants to prove to people that he can make something of himself. He's showboating a little bit!

"Terry thinks he's got a vision. He's got the idea that this is the way high-rollers spend money, misguided as he may be. He thinks the bar is going to attract footballers and celebrities."

How do the Weatherfield locals react to Terry's plans?
    "They're not happy to have Terry back, and they're especially angry that he's going to be opening a lap-dancing bar on a residential street! You won't be surprised to hear that Norris is doing a bit of finger-pointing…"

Terry sees a place for Tommy in his plans when he learns of his inheritance, doesn't he?
    "Yes, Terry sees this as a real opportunity. He's not in dire straits with his finances, but he's punching above his weight. So while Tommy's inheritance isn't a life-changing fortune, it's a substantial amount that would be crucial to Terry's plans. It's a possible lifeboat for Terry."

How does Terry worm his way in with Tommy to get the cash?
    "Terry relies on his wide boy persuasiveness, but he's quite lucky because Tommy is a willing recipient. Like most children who didn't have their parents growing up, Tommy is desperately curious about his heritage. So Tommy does make it easy for him! Tina also encourages Tommy, because Terry is new to her and she doesn't know what he's really like."

Does Tommy know that Terry sold him to the Hortons all those years ago?
    "Tommy finds this out very early on, but Terry has his own explanation for all that. It sounds pretty horrendous, but in Terry's mind, his motive was good rather than bad!

"When Terry sold his child, he didn't want Tommy to grow up with Jack and Vera, as they'd made a mess of his own upbringing. He didn't want Tommy growing up in a backstreet in Weatherfield, when he could grow up in suburban Blackpool with middle-class guardians. It's true - he's not spinning a line."

Does Terry have any paternal feelings for Tommy?
    "He does, but they manifest themselves in very strange ways, as you'll see! You're never quite sure with Terry, as like all of us in life, he doesn't just have one particular motivation. He's governed by many things and issues - by paternalism, by wanting to do right by his son, by wanting to rectify some of his mistakes, and by pecuniary issues as well."

Could Terry grow to care for Tommy?
    "I think he does care, but he's a survivor and an opportunist. He will take whatever course is necessary to further his interests and his survival. But as he reflects, he'll reassure himself deep down that he really cares about his lad. It just may not be apparent to everybody else, or Tommy himself!"

Are you enjoying working with Chris Fountain?
    "Yes, it's been great to work with Chris and some of the other young actors in the show. They've all been very welcoming and very respectful, saying things like 'iconic' in relation to my character, so that's putting them in my good books! (Laughs) It's very reassuring that these kids have a respect for the show and what's gone before."

What can we expect from Terry's scenes with Tyrone?
    "There's tremendous friction, and that's been a joy to play. That's one of the wonderful things about Coronation Street - that continuity of relationships has underpinned its success over all the years. So that manifests itself in their meetings and confrontations."

Terry also has quite a few scenes with Kirsty, doesn't he?
    "Yes, and Kirsty being a policewoman and having a natural curiosity certainly doesn't endear her to Terry! Terry finds a way to turn the feud between Tyrone, Kirsty, Tommy and Tina to his own advantage. He hates Tyrone with a passion so he enjoys causing trouble for him, but Kirsty and Tina are pawns in his strategy. But he doesn't really reckon on Kirsty, as he doesn't think that a WPC is on his level."

Despite his villainous ways, can you see an endearing side to Terry?
    "Absolutely. From my point of view, he's got to this position from his history. He didn't have wonderful parents, so he became a chancer. But Terry has certain limits that he probably wouldn't cross, and he's got a certain charm. I try to play him as a character who has his lighter moments. There's an element of fun to Terry and it's important that it isn't dark and heavy all the time."

Do you get a lot of reaction for your role as Terry when you're out and about?
    "Never a day goes past where somebody doesn't make a reference to it. There's no science to it - one day it could be four or five negative encounters, and you're left loathing the general public! And then the following day, it's just the opposite - people are offering to carry your bags and things like that. It's unbelievable. People can be good, bad, kind and nasty!"

How long is Terry back for this time around?
    "I'm back for a few weeks. It's finite - it has a beginning, a middle and an end, but there are repercussions which continue even after he's left, so he makes a big impact!"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (11-04-2012)

Thread Information