Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Terry Duckworth

here's a good interview with Coronation Street actor Nigel Pivaro, who is returning soon as Terry Duckworth, in this week's Inside Soap magazine.

Nigel says that he's been working as a journalist for the last 5 years and when he got the call from Corrie to ask him if he wanted to return, he was delighted to be asked. He says that only Corrie could have tempted him away from his day job to return to acting.

It's an interesting, long, read and Nigel says it's strange being back on the cobbles without the actors Liz Dawn and Bill Tarmey on set, who played his on-screen parents Jack and Vera Duckworth.

Nigel says: "I shed a few tears for Liz and Bill when they came out of the show. I've tried to prepare myself for them not being around but there's still a strangeness to it. I keep expecting Bill to turn up behind me armed with a script and ask when we're going to run lines together. They were a big presence in the green room, so it's odd."

Anyway, there'll be plenty to keep Nigel busy while he's back on Coronation Street as Terry meets his son Tommy, sets up a lap-dancing club and manages to upset just about all of the residents. Nigel is back on our screens as Terry Duckworth on Monday 16th April and will be on the cast for a couple of months.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

here's a question (bit in the catagory of where do all the extra bedrooms come from in EE) - where are all these empty commercial units popping up from under the tram archs?

firstly Nick finds the joinery yard lying empty - since presumably Len Fairclough's era!! which no one else had seen, now TD enterprises finds another similar unit empty right next door?

Coronation Street returnee Nigel Pivaro has admitted that his scheming character Terry Duckworth finds it easy to win over his estranged son Tommy.

Terry is back on the cobbles next week as he is planning to open a lap-dancing bar next to the Bistro. He later takes a sudden interest in Tommy (Chris Fountain) when he learns that the mechanic recently inherited a substantial sum of money from his late grandfather.

Tommy has reason to be wary of his dad as Weatherfield's residents try to warn him that Terry can't be trusted.

However, Pivaro revealed: "Terry relies on his wide boy persuasiveness, but he's quite lucky because Tommy is a willing recipient. Like most children who didn't have their parents growing up, Tommy is desperately curious about his heritage.

"So Tommy does make it easy for him! Tina also encourages Tommy, because Terry is new to her and she doesn't know what he's really like."

Asked whether Terry has any paternal feelings for Tommy, the actor replied: "He does, but they manifest themselves in very strange ways, as you'll see! You're never quite sure with Terry, as like all of us in life, he doesn't just have one particular motivation.

"He's governed by many things and issues - by paternalism, by wanting to do right by his son, by wanting to rectify some of his mistakes, and by pecuniary issues as well.

"I think he does care, but he's a survivor and an opportunist. He will take whatever course is necessary to further his interests and his survival. But as he reflects, he'll reassure himself deep down that he really cares about his lad. It just may not be apparent to everybody else, or Tommy himself!"

Coronation Street airs Terry's return scenes on Monday (April 16) on ITV1.

Coronation Street's Nigel Pivaro has said he lives in hope his character Terry Duckworth will turn over a new leaf.
    The 52-year-old actor has been playing Jack and Vera Duckworth's wayward son Terry on-and-off since 1983 and is about to return to the cobbles to cause trouble for his son Tommy, who he sold as a baby.
    Nigel said: "I always hope that at some point there is a turn in Terry but there would have to be a logic to it.
    "Terry doesn't go through life wanting to be bad, he just has to be bad because of circumstance, but circumstances can change.
    "Whatever happens to Terry, I want to be there when it does because I've put so much into him."
    The soap star turned journalist admitted it was strange being back in Corrie without Liz Dawn and Bill Tarmey who played his parents, Vera and Jack.
    "I'm already missing three or four stalwarts that were here the last time I was on set," he said.
    "I still see Bill. I actually went to his 50th wedding anniversary the other day but it's strange without him here. I keep expecting him to rear up behind me and tap me on the shoulder, script in hand."
    :: Nigel Pivaro returns to Coronation Street on ITV1 on Monday, April 16

Coronation Street's Nigel Pivaro has said that he is open to the idea of his villainous alter ego Terry Duckworth being killed off.

However the 52-year-old actor, who is making an explosive return in tonight's double-bill, hopes that producers ensure any potential death is on screen.

Speaking on This Morning, Pivaro admitted: "I don't mind the character dying as long as I'm there. If Terry or a character like him with so much history is killed off it needs to happen with a bit of panache but I want to be a part of it."

Teasing his reconciliation with estranged son Tommy (Chris Fountain), Pivaro added: "He's hurt that he's meted out this punishment to his dad. You are going to see him try and make some sort of amends.

"But he also does manipulate the system to his own advantage like he always does. A financial advantage."

Speculation that he is returning to claim the house ....

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Speculation that he is returning to claim the house ....
    Good luck with that one. Ty bought the house off of Jack and Vera. Unless the speculation is that he is going to buy it and not just claim it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (30-12-2021), flappinfanny (29-12-2021), lizann (29-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Good luck with that one. Ty bought the house off of Jack and Vera. Unless the speculation is that he is going to buy it and not just claim it.
    Yea, the speculation is he's going to buy it but there's not really any evidence to back it up.

It would be interesting though considering Terry last appeared in 2012 and his exit storyline involved Rick Neelan!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorneliusBlanc For This Useful Post:

lizann (31-12-2021), parkerman (31-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusBlanc View Post
    Yea, the speculation is he's going to buy it but there's not really any evidence to back it up.

It would be interesting though considering Terry last appeared in 2012 and his exit storyline involved Rick Neelan!
    refresh me please on that terry and rick

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    refresh me please on that terry and rick
    https://coronationstreet.fandom.com/wiki/Rick_Neelan

Thread Information