Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing 2012 **with spoilers**

Strictly Come Dancing's full list of celebrity routines and song choices have been confirmed ahead of this weekend's live show.

The 10 remaining celebs will tackle foxtrots, salsas, charlestons and waltzes to tracks like Adele's 'Rumour Has It', Andy Williams's 'Moon River' and the White Stripes's 'Seven Nation Army'.

Strictly Saturday performance list:

Dani & Vincent - Tango to 'Rumour Has It' by Adele
    Denise & James - Paso to 'Seven Nation Army' by The White Stripes
    Fern & Artem - Salsa to 'You'll Be Mine (Party Time)' by Gloria Estefan
    Kimberley & Pasha - Viennese Waltz to 'A Thousand Years' by Christina Perri
    Louis & Flavia - Waltz to 'Moon River' by Andy Williams
    Lisa & Robin - Foxtrot to 'This Could Be (An Everlasting Love)' by Natalie Cole
    Michael & Natalie - Salsa to 'I Want You Back' by The Jackson 5
    Nicky & Karen - Foxtrot to 'The Best Is Yet To Come' by Michael Buble
    Richard & Erin - Charleston to 'Pencil Full Of Lead' by Paolo Nutini
    Victoria & Brendan - Quickstep to 'Luck Be A Lady' by Frank Sinatra

Strictly airs on Saturday night (November 10) at 6.30pm on BBC One.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

megan999 (09-11-2012)

Dani & Vincent and Richard & Erin were my favourites last night
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

STRICTLY had its best ratings of the series despite the absence of veteran presenter Bruce Forsyth.

The BBC1 show left X Factor two million behind for the second week running on Saturday night.

Strictly, which saw host Tess Daly joined by Claudia Winkleman for presenting duties, earned an audience of 10.4million viewers.

Some fans have now called for the BBC to ditch Bruce altogether.

Viewer Derek Rigsby, from Brecon, Wales, tweeted: “The show on Saturday was so much better without Bruce Forsyth. Please keep him off the show.”

Alan Johnson, from Middlewich, Cheshire, added: “Time to retire old fossil Bruce Forsyth.”

ITV1 rival X Factor won improved ratings as it showed a performance by One Direction, with an average of 8.4million viewers.

The previous week’s show only managed to attract 7.6million.

Source:The Sun

>>>>Personally, I missed Bruce Forsyth!

Strictly Come Dancing heads to Wembley this weekend for its annual Children in Need special.

The celebrity dancers will perform for their biggest ever audience as they take to the floor at Wembley Arena and attempt to move one step closer to the show's final.

The song list in full:

Victoria & Brendan perform the 'Paso Doble' to 'Bicycle Race'
    Lisa & Robin perform the Samba to 'Car Wash'
    Kimberley & Pasha perform the Samba to 'Livin La Vida Loca'
    Michael & Natalie perform the American Smooth to 'New York, New York'
    Denise & James perform the Charleston to 'Walk Like An Egyptian'
    Louis & Flavia perform the American Smooth to 'I Got a Woman'
    Dani & Vincent perform the Quickstep to 'You Can't Hurry Love'
    Nicky & Karen perform the Jive to 'Jailhouse Rock'
    Richard & Erin perform the salsa to 'Club Tropicana'

Strictly's Wembley special airs on Saturday (November 17) at 6.30pm on BBC One.

My favourite couple this year is Robin & Lisa. Least favourite is Denise & James. (sorry James it's not you) It's Denise she just comes across so smug with her I'm so going to win this competition attitude. I know it's cruel but I so hope she would fall on her backside on the dance-floor to wipe that smug look off her face. On tonight's performances I wish Victoria would improve I really think her days are numbered poor Brendan. I care more about the professionals than I do the Celebrities.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Dani and Vincent were my favourites last night. Richard and Victoria in the dance-off IMO.

Ronnie Corbett is rumoured to have been lined up as a possible replacement for Bruce Forsyth on Strictly Come Dancing.

Show producers are said to be planning to approach a number of alternative hosts in case the 84-year-old decides to step down next year.

According to The Mirror, Corbett, 81, and professional dancer Anton du Beke - who has been on the BBC show since the start - are being considered as Forsyth's successors.

Claudia Winkleman, who used to present Strictly spinoff It Takes Two and now fills in for Forsyth on the Sunday results shows, is also being touted as an option.

"It's the first time we are hearing there could be movement with Bruce," a source told the paper.

"In previous years it's never even been spoken of. But *producers seem to think that this year is [Forsyth's] last and they need to be prepared."

Both Winkleman and Corbett have previously filled in for Forsyth, with Winkleman hosting last Saturday's programme so the entertainer could rest in preparation for last night's Wembley Arena live show (November 18).

Forsyth - who was last month named by Guinness World Records as the longest-serving male TV entertainer - had never voluntarily missed filming before last night.

"Ronnie's name is being mentioned around set and people seem to think it could mean Bruce is on the way out," the insider continued.

"Ronnie was never allowed to be a *contestant in case things with Bruce did come to an end and he was able to step in. He has the right temperament for the show, and viewers love him.

"He makes people smile and is full of life for his age. If Bruce is ready to go Ronnie is one solid option."

The source was keen to emphasise that the BBC want to retain Forsyth's involvement in Strictly for as long as possible.

"Brucie can't go on for ever," they said. "He's had a good innings but eventually he is going to want a quieter life. And even if he wasn't the main presenter he'd probably feature in some way.

"He's been struggling with the autocue this year more than ever. All the signs are there that he could bow out."

The current series of Strictly is one of the most popular ever and last week averaged 10.4m viewers across the two weekend shows. It has also consistently beaten ITV rival The X Factor in the ratings war.

"Bruce is a living legend and an integral part of Strictly," said BBC One controller Danny Cohen when asked about the rumours.

"He and only he will decide when it's time to leave the ballroom."

Strictly continues with the results show tonight at 7.20pm. The programme will also feature a performance by Girls Aloud.

Oh no not Ronnie Corbett, didn't enjoy the show when he stood in for Brucie before. I thought Tess and Claudia did a great job last week and also like Anton.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuareet For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (25-11-2012), megan999 (21-11-2012)

This story rears it's ugly head every year. If Bruce does decided to hang up his tap-shoes then the job had to go to Anton or Vernon Kay but please keep Tess. She's has to stay.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Kelly Brook, Natasha Kaplinsky, JLS's JB Gill and Fabrice Muamba have been revealed to be taking part in Strictly Come Dancing's one-off Christmas show.

It will be Brook's third Strictly appearance, after she danced in the 2007 series and the 2008 Christmas special.

The 33-year-old tweeted: "Excited to get back in the rehearsal Studio this week for @bbcstrictly Christmas Special! #Glitterballs."

Brook finished her stint in the burlesque show Crazy Horse on Friday (November 23), just in time to celebrate her 33rd birthday.

Also due to appear in the festive special is newsreader Kaplinsky, who won the first ever series in 2004, and singer Rachel Stevens.

Gill and former footballer Muamba, who suffered a near-fatal cardiac arrest on the pitch eight months ago, are the only beginners in the Christmas show.

Strictly's 2009 winner Chris Hollins, last year's runner-up Chelsee Healey and sprinter Colin Jackson will also appear.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/...#ixzz2DE0PWRbL

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

megan999 (25-11-2012)

Thread Information