Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Dingle Sugden

Why don't Andy and Debbie get the turkey baser out or do it the old fashion way, instead of going through the IVF. None of them have the money to pay for it.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

alan45 (20-10-2011)

Emmerdale star Natalie Anderson has discussed her character's role in Sarah's illness storyline, admitting that Alicia Gallagher will experience mixed emotions as she becomes increasingly affected by the situation in the coming days.

Alicia is currently supporting partner Andy Sugden (Kelvin Fletcher) as he and Debbie Dingle desperately try to find a bone marrow match for their young daughter, who has been diagnosed with the rare genetic disorder Fanconi Anaemia.

Anderson told Inside Soap of the storyline: "Alicia is absolutely devastated for Sarah, Andy and Debbie. She's trying very hard to be supportive. She loves Sarah to bits and as a mum to Jacob, she knows how important it is to look out for your child.

"So when the donation unit comes to the village hall, she's right there bullying everyone to spit into tubes to see if they could be a match for Sarah. But it's all becoming very difficult for Alicia, because she's jealous of Debbie and all of the time that Andy has to spend with her now."

The actress added that upcoming tension between Alicia and Debbie makes the situation more difficult.

"Those two are so confrontational," she explained. "They both get each other's backs up. I think what annoys Alicia the most is when Debbie says that she's a bad mum. But she isn't - they just come from extremely different schools of parenting."

Sarah's storyline takes a new twist in the next fortnight when Andy and Debbie decide to have another baby together in a 'saviour sibling' plan.

Charley Webb, who plays Debbie, recently confirmed that the pair will have to pretend to be a couple as they undergo IVF treatment for Sarah's sake.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (22-10-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Why don't Andy and Debbie get the turkey baser out or do it the old fashion way, instead of going through the IVF. None of them have the money to pay for it.
    we'll pay for it as tax payers! or rather the nhs will fund it for us...

and who says it wil
    la) be a sucess
    b) the baby will be a match?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (21-10-2011)

I remember you saying a while back 1 in 4 chance of success ,can they wait so long with such odds, for treatment to start ? surely the consultant would advise about the risk?

I don't think Alicia and Debbie are that different as mothers. They have both had lousy up bringings and would do anything for their kids. The reason they don't get on is that deep down they are the same, and that's why Alicia is worried because she knows she would sleep with her ex to save Jacob if she could have kids. She knows the thought of Andy and Debbie sleeping together if they have to is a possibility.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (22-10-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    I remember you saying a while back 1 in 4 chance of success ,can they wait so long with such odds, for treatment to start ? surely the consultant would advise about the risk?
    exactly, it is a long shot, but they could produce another child with Fanconis?

No they wouldnt wait that long for treatment, they would still be looking at international registers for an unrelated match. The UK sources marrow donors from all over the world and the odds of finding an unrelated match would be greater than Andy and Debbie having a second child that matches - but I guess not so dramatic tv!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (22-10-2011)

I was reading in The Sun TV mag today that they find a possible donor for Sarah and Alicia tells Sarah. What's the chances of it being Carl?

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    I was reading in The Sun TV mag today that they find a possible donor for Sarah and Alicia tells Sarah. What's the chances of it being Carl?
    I think it sounds like an anonymous donor, as they are a match and then decide not to donate - which happens..

and (dramatic as it would be for the S/L) you do not get to know who your donor is or where they come from, except under very unique circumstances, so even if it was Carl, we shouldnt know!

You're right Sarah donors do back out ocasionally, although I have to say it is very rare and is usually because during various blood tests and medicals something has shown up and the donor cannot be declared medically fit. Also unless the donor is related, no contact is allowed between the donor and the recipient for at least 2 years and then only if both parties agree, everything is treated with extreme confidentiality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuareet View Post
    You're right Sarah donors do back out ocasionally, although I have to say it is very rare and is usually because during various blood tests and medicals something has shown up and the donor cannot be declared medically fit. Also unless the donor is related, no contact is allowed between the donor and the recipient for at least 2 years and then only if both parties agree, everything is treated with extreme confidentiality.
    I have had the honour of couriering marrow from country to country when the donor and recipient are on different continents, and often the donor would include a 'good luck' card, which we would take, btu which had to be anonymised prior to handing over, which always seemed a little like over kill

Thread Information