Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Dingle Sugden

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    I think she has leukaemia
    but leukaemia isnt genetic though?

so something is wrong with this storyline somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    EMMERDALE bosses are plotting an explosive "designer baby" storyline, The Sun can reveal.
    Debbie Dingle and Andy Sugden will find themselves in a race to conceive another child to give dying daughter Sarah a bone marrow transplant.
    yeah i understand why they are doing that but sarah is really ill and debbie would be pregnant for about 9 months or so, has sarah even got that long left?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Morrinson'sBoii For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (05-09-2011)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/soapersta...-ho-from-Andy/

THIS is the moment Andy Sugden calls time on his relationship with Alicia Gallagher.

Andy ends it because he can’t give her what she wants – a future together in Spain.

He tells her he needs to stay in the UK because his daughter Sarah is unwell and viewers will soon find out she’s suffering from leukaemia.

Despite Andy’s concern over his daughter, Alicia becomes demanding and he snaps, asking her to move out to give him space.

An insider said: “Alicia doesn’t seem to understand the father-daughter bond and has been telling everyone about their move to Spain, while bugging Andy to set a date.

“But she pushes too far at the wrong time and Andy asks her to pack her things and leave.”

Our source added: “It looks like she may not get to live happily ever after, or will they kiss and make up?”

Quote Originally Posted by Morrinson'sBoii View Post
    yeah i understand why they are doing that but sarah is really ill and debbie would be pregnant for about 9 months or so, has sarah even got that long left?
    I think the consultant said the condition was very serious and therefore I assume would need urgent treatment ,also wouldn't there be a health risk for another child if the condition is genetic. Sarah c is well up on the condition & treatment wonder what she reckons ?

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    I think the consultant said the condition was very serious and therefore I assume would need urgent treatment ,also wouldn't there be a health risk for another child if the condition is genetic. Sarah c is well up on the condition & treatment wonder what she reckons ?
    well last night the consultant said they are looking at chromosome breakage syndrome, of which there are 4 different genetic conditions, one of which is Fanconi's. This must mean that both Andy and Debbie are carriers, and would therefore have a 50% chance of having a child that is a carrier, and a 25% chance of having a child with the condition. So 1 child in every 4 they have by law of average?

I am only familiar with the Fanconis anaemia of the 4, and life epectancy is usually 25 years? on average.

so a bone marrow transplant is what Sarah would need, in 'real life' an unrelated donor would be sought from the national register, as 9 months is a long wait for Sarah. It wont kill her, but the lack of blood cells she has now would be nasty to live with for that long, especially as at the end of a pregnancy the new child could be affected too anyway?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

alan45 (06-09-2011), Glen1 (05-09-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post
    I'm going to start the book, and stick my neck out for Fanconi's Anaemia

(which ought to have been spotted shortly after birth)

Well spotted and 100% perfect diagnosis http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...253#post757253 story revealed next Wednesday

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (27-09-2011), sarah c (27-09-2011)

Emmerdale star Charley Webb has hinted that her character Debbie Dingle will hide her emotions as Sarah's illness storyline gathers pace in forthcoming episodes.

As officially confirmed earlier this week, the mystery surrounding Sarah's symptoms comes to an end next Wednesday when she is diagnosed with Fanconi Anaemia, a rare genetic disorder affecting children which causes bone marrow failure and predisposition to cancer.

Debbie and Andy Sugden (Kelvin Fletcher) are left stunned by their daughter's diagnosis and immediately vow to do whatever it takes to help her.

Webb told Soaplife of the storyline: "Having a sick child is such a massive, awful thing. The research, everything, has to be right because people know what can and can't happen in these circumstances."

Asked whether it is a difficult plotline to be involved with, the actress replied: "It is, because this is a real condition and it affects so many families you don't even hear about. It needs to be done right.

"And the emotion needs to be right. You can't play the whole storyline crying. Debbie puts a mask on and is very focused. I think a lot of parents probably go through that thing of being very centred and trying to keep everything together."

As Debbie and Andy need to find a bone marrow match for Sarah (Sophia Moore), the pair have been tipped to consider conceiving another baby to save her.

Webb confirmed: "[Debbie] starts researching the condition and that's how the whole 'saviour sibling' idea comes up. She finds out for herself that that's an alternative."

Amy's baby. I was right. Septic Peg strikes again. I really need to start charging these soaps for my consultancy fee.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

alan45 (20-10-2011)

Emmerdale star Charley Webb has revealed more details of her character's 'saviour sibling' storyline, explaining that Debbie Dingle has "no doubt" she is making the best move for her young daughter Sarah.

As revealed earlier in the year, Debbie and Andy will soon start making plans to have another child together in a bid to save Sarah, who has been diagnosed with the rare genetic disorder Fanconi Anaemia and needs a bone marrow match.

Although Debbie and Andy (Kelvin Fletcher) are now both in serious relationships with Cameron Murray (Dominic Power) and Alicia Gallagher (Natalie Anderson) respectively, the storyline sees them forced to pretend they are a couple as they seek IVF treatment for Sarah's sake.

Webb told This Morning today: "They've got to pretend that they're still a couple and there's no doubt in [Debbie's] mind that she's going to do that. She'll do whatever it takes."

"There's so many twists and turns, and they face problem after problem after problem after problem with the IVF. There's loads more to come," she continued.

The actress also said that she is glad Emmerdale bosses are raising awareness of Fanconi Anaemia, noting that few people have heard of the disease.

She explained: "Personally, I think it's extremely important. The hits on the Fanconi Anaemia website have gone up by 30 times more. Fanconi Anaemia is so rare and there's no research for it. I didn't even know it existed before I started this storyline, so I've actually struggled to research it because there's not much about, which is difficult because it's horrendous."

Emmerdale continues tonight at 7pm on ITV1.

The actress also said that she is glad Emmerdale bosses are raising awareness of Fanconi Anaemia, noting that few people have heard of the disease.
    Well diagnosed on here though by Sarah C

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

sarah c (20-10-2011), tammyy2j (20-10-2011)

Thread Information