Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shocking news for Tanya

Shocking news for Tanya

Reports today suggest Tanya Jessop will be diagnosed with cervical cancer in the coming months!

Tanya who is having an affair with ex husband Max, will be told the devastating news just as she decides who it is she wants to spend the rest of her life with.

An EastEnders insider said: “Tanya’s cancer storyline is going to be one of the biggest of the year. When she finds out that she has the life-threatening disease, her complicated love life has to take a back seat.”

Talking about the upcoming plot Bryan Kirkwood said: “EastEnders has worked closely with experts in the field to ensure we accurately portray this sensitive issue. Viewers will see how Tanya uses her inner determination to deal with what will be one of the toughest challenges of her life.”
    From - http://www.soapsecrets-spoilers.com/...summer-preview

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hbk48942 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-06-2011), Dutchgirl (26-06-2011), JustJodi (27-06-2011), lizann (28-06-2011), matt1378 (05-07-2011), tammyy2j (27-06-2011)

EastEnders newlywed Tanya Jessop is to be diagnosed with cervical cancer in a forthcoming storyline, show bosses have announced.

The businesswoman and mother-of-three receives the bombshell news from doctors later this year, just as her current infidelity storyline featuring husband Greg and ex-partner Max Branning reaches a climax.

Confirming the plot, EastEnders' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood told the Daily Star Sunday: "EastEnders has worked closely with experts in the field to ensure we accurately portray this sensitive issue.

"Viewers will see how Tanya uses her inner determination to deal with what will be one of the toughest challenges of her life."

News of Tanya's shock diagnosis follows weeks of speculation over the character's future after previous hints that she would receive "a huge, life-changing shock" in the months ahead. Jake Wood, who plays Max, had also confirmed that a "big twist" was in store.

EastEnders viewers have recently seen Tanya (Jo Joyner) cheat on Greg by embarking on a steamy affair with Max, and the Daily Star Sunday also reports that Greg - played by Stefan Booth - will depart Albert Square once the truth about his wife's betrayal is exposed.

A show source told the newspaper: "Stefan's exit will come shortly after he discovers what Tanya has been up to."

Tanya's illness storyline is expected to air across the autumn.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-06-2011), Dutchgirl (26-06-2011), JustJodi (27-06-2011), matt1378 (05-07-2011), tammyy2j (27-06-2011)

I hope the writers do this storyline justice and I think Jo (Tanya) will do well with it

Does she die?

I would hope it would be handled better than the baby cot death and swap

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

matt1378 (05-07-2011), tammyy2j (17-08-2011)

EastEnders star Jo Joyner has pledged her commitment to ensuring that her cervical cancer storyline is as "honest and true to life" as possible.

The actress's character Tanya Jessop will be diagnosed with the illness later this month. Tanya's new plot begins next week when she learns that she has abnormal smear test results.

EastEnders bosses officially announced the storyline in June, confirming that the show had worked closely with various experts and charities including Macmillan Cancer Support for research purposes.

Meanwhile, speaking to All About Soap about how she has personally researched the plot, Joyner commented: "I've talked to a lot of survivors of cervical cancer through a charity called Jo's Trust - the name's just a coincidence! They also have a great website, which is very informative and has helped me a lot.

"It's a privilege to be given any sort of serious storyline and a real responsibility. I'm going to make it as honest and true to life as I possibly can."

Tanya receives the worrying news about her smear test results just as she is preparing to tell husband Greg (Stefan Booth) that she wants to be with her ex Max Branning (Jake Wood).

Asked whether it makes Tanya question who she wants to be with all over again, Joyner replied: "Definitely. She remembers her mum looking at her dad with pity [when he was ill] and she'd hate that happening to her. She has some serious thinking to do about her future now."

Jo Joyner has said that EastEnders fans are split over Tanya Jessop's affair with her ex-husband Max Branning.

The Albert Square plot saw the mother-of-three begin a secret relationship with her former partner after marrying builder Greg (Stefan Booth).

"It's like Marmite," the actress told TV Times magazine. "Some people hate the idea, others love it.

"A lot of people think Max is really smarmy. They're the ones who don't fancy him. The ones who fancy him feel like Tanya and forgive him because he's just naughty and they love it."

An upcoming storyline will see Tanya's world turned upside down when she is diagnosed with cervical cancer. Joyner admitted that the illness will be the "start of a really difficult time for her".

"Tanya's dad died of cancer and she nursed him through it. She has seen it first-hand and therefore has a deep-seated fear of it. It is the start of a really difficult time for her," she said. "She is going to want to keep up appearances.

"You don't tend to lose your hair with cervical cancer treatment, but I will grab any chance to show her dropping her guard. I'll be looking duller towards the end. It's my job to make this as honest and truthful as I can."
    Last edited by Perdita; 03-08-2011 at 19:23.

EastEnders star Jo Joyner has revealed that her character Tanya Jessop will break her silence over her illness in the coming weeks.

Tanya was recently left stunned when she had some abnormal smear test results, which prompted her to scrap plans for a reunion with ex-husband Max as she was haunted by the memory of her late father becoming a burden to her mother when he was unwell.

Later this week, doctors confirm to Tanya that she is suffering from cervical cancer and she continues to face her ordeal alone - not wanting daughters Lauren or Abi to know what's going on as she fears upsetting them.

However, speaking to Inside Soap, Joyner confirmed that Tanya's situation does not remain a secret forever.

"I know who she turns to, but it's kind of accidental," the actress explained. "The doctor asks Tanya if there's anybody she could tell, but she explains that she's left her husband and her best friend Jane Beale has gone, so there isn't anyone.

"But somebody does find out about her cancer - and that's who she ends up confiding in."

EastEnders bosses have worked closely with various charities and experts while devising Tanya's storyline, including Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Macmillan Cancer Support.

shes doing a good job so far! hopeing it comes out soon, i really want her to tell someone

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    shes doing a good job so far! hopeing it comes out soon, i really want her to tell someone
    She does. When she was upset last friday about being a terrible mum. I could almost feel the pain. Maybe being a new mum herself helps potraying the storyline.

It might have been better if we had seen Tanya going for a smear test and her dad dying her cancer been mentioned before now and also the stupid Max affair wasnt happening at the same time but Jo as Tanya is playing her role very well

Thread Information