Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: DAvid and Kylie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by perdita View Post
    coronation street star paula lane has returned to filming today (march 25).

The actress, who plays kylie platt on the itv soap, has been on maternity leave since november.

Lane revealed her return on twitter this morning, confirming that kylie will soon be back on the cobbles.

Show bosses also released the first picture showing lane back at the soap's studios in trafford.

lane and her husband tom shaw welcomed the arrival of a baby boy on new year's eve.

Kylie's coronation street exit scenes aired on christmas day, as her husband david (jack p shepherd) kicked her out of the platt house after learning that her ex-boyfriend callum logan (sean ward) had become her drug dealer.

David later regretted his rash actions, but he was unable to get back into contact with kylie as she fell completely off the radar.

kylie and david wonder what's going on with michael and eileen
    © itv
    kylie and david

when kylie does return to weatherfield, she will be shocked to discover that david and callum have become locked in a bitter custody dispute over her son max. Another surprise will be that callum is dating david's sister sarah (tina o'brien).

Coronation street's producer stuart blackburn said in january: "[kylie is] going to come back right in the middle of the custody battle and she'll come back realising that because of her using drugs, because of her disappearing act, she might be losing max forever.

"so there's big stuff for her. She's going to have to get her act together, she really is."
    oh my g*d just when i thought corra could not get any worse, kylie is back, ohh so bored with corra, guess i can miss a few and still not miss anything
    We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged
    Heinrich Heine

Coronation Street star Paula Lane has been pictured filming new scenes for the show following her recent return to work.

The actress, who plays Kylie Platt on the ITV soap, arrived back on set two weeks ago after being on maternity leave since November.

© Rex Features / McPix Ltd
    Paula Lane returns to film for Coronation Street

Lane was busy working on location in Manchester today (April 8) for scenes which see Kylie spending time with her old friend Gemma Winters.

Gemma was first introduced last year when Kylie revisited her past at the dodgy Dog & Gun pub.

In between scenes, Lane was spotted showing off her baby pictures with her co-star Dolly-Rose Campbell, who plays the role of Gemma.

Paula shows off her baby photos

Exact details of Kylie's return to the cobbles are still under wraps, but she is expected to reappear as Callum Logan and David Platt's custody battle over her son Max intensifies.

Kylie left the Street at Christmas as David kicked her out of the Platt house, furious after discovering that Callum had been supplying her with drugs. He later regretted his rash decision but was unable to get back in contact with her as she fell off the radar.

Kylie will reappear in a few weeks' time

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn said in January: "[Kylie is] going to come back right in the middle of the custody battle and she'll come back realising that because of her using drugs, because of her disappearing act, she might be losing Max forever. So there's big stuff for her. She's going to have to get her act together, she really is."

In real life, Lane and her husband Tom Shaw welcomed the arrival of a baby boy on New Year's Eve.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (08-04-2015), tammyy2j (08-04-2015)

I am not looking forward to her return. I hope Callum sticks to Sarah and does not still want Kylie. I am really liking Callum and hope they show a different side to him settling down on the street and giving up his drug dealing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-04-2015)

Coronation Street's David Platt makes a drastic move that he may live to regret next week, fleeing Weatherfield with Max and Lily.

David heads to Liverpool with the family's passports and makes plans to leave the country, convinced that this is his only chance to stay one step ahead of bad boy Callum Logan following their custody battle for Max.

Here, Jack P Shepherd - who plays David - reveals the gossip on an eventful week for his character.

David will soon find out about Callum and Sarah's secret relationship. How does he discover the truth?
    "David is on his way home when he sees Callum going in the Platts', so he gives them a minute and then he goes in, knowing Callum is upstairs. At first he plays along with Sarah, letting her think he doesn't know anyone's in the house, then he basically says, 'Look, I know he's upstairs'.

"So Callum comes down, all arrogant, having obviously just decided to brazen it out. David's not happy and he throws Callum out, but Callum's cocky attitude to it all sends David into a panic."

Does David feel betrayed by Sarah?
    "Yeah, but it doesn't really surprise him - nothing surprises him when it comes to Sarah. Obviously previous to this, he was beaten up by Callum. He never really told anyone exactly what happened, but he says to Sarah, 'You do know what he did to me?' She says yes, but along the lines of, 'Maybe you deserved it'.

"Clearly what Callum's told Sarah is that he just gave David a bit of a slap, but obviously we know it was a lot worse than that. Sarah's not in on the whole thing. She doesn't know quite how bad Callum can be, but David thinks she knows what Callum did to him and that worries him even more."

Is David also still worried after Callum told him that he'd see him in court over Max?
    "Yeah, it's really knocked him for six. He thought he had a chance with the mediation, but when it comes to something as serious as court, he doesn't think he'll have a leg to stand on with not being Max's real dad and Kylie not being around."

What makes David decide to flee?
    "It's a last resort. He thinks he's going to lose Max anyway, so he might as well run away and try to get the kids abroad where no-one can take them off him."

What is David's long-term plan?
    "He thinks he'll set up shop abroad, so he packs his hairdressing scissors, their passports and just goes. He hasn't thought it through properly at all, so he ends up in Liverpool trying to get a flight out of the country."

How does it go?
    "It's very spur of the moment. He packs their bags, then they get on the train and just set off without really knowing what to do next. They end up staying in a hotel in Liverpool while David hatches a plan to get some plane tickets. But he has to wait a day or two to get tickets to where he wants to go and that's when Callum gets wind of what David's up to.

"Max calls Callum because Callum's given him a mobile phone. He says he doesn't want to go away."

There's a point where David snaps at Max, isn't there?
    "Yeah, Max doesn't want to go with David as he doesn't want to leave his dad. He says to David, 'I don't want to be with you, I hate you', which really hurts David because he'd do anything for Max.

"But then David's temper starts getting the better of him and he takes it out on the kids. He shouts at Max and then Max starts to become a little wary of David, which is pushing him further into Callum's arms. David brings it all on himself really and turns Max away from him because he's feeling the pressure."

Is doing a runner going to make things even worse for David?
    "Yes of course, but at the time David can't see this - he isn't thinking straight."

How does David react when Max disappears?
    "They're in Liverpool town centre, so David is frantic as he tries to look for Max. He's pushing Lily round in the pram and he's getting desperate. He can't leave Lily to run looking for Max, so he's asking people if they've seen him and no-one has. He doesn't know what to do and he's about to go to the police, but then his phone rings and it's Callum. What David hears then is a real game-changer."

How badly will this affect David's chance of getting custody?
    "It won't look good in court at all. All Callum has to do is tell his solicitor that David tried to jump the country with his kid so he would never see his son again."

How have the viewers reacted to David's custody storyline?
    "They're all on David's side. I think everybody is - they want to see him keep the kids. Personally I want Callum to get custody of Max because it's more interesting. It would tip David over the edge and I like playing angry David. I think the viewers still like to see angry David every once in a while. I do like playing family David and the comedy David, but it's good to have a bit of both."

How will David react if he loses Max for good?
    "I think he'd take it pretty badly because he dotes on Max and has done since he came into his life. He's the one person who's been a constant for Max in recent years and who has always unconditionally loved him. Kylie left Max and before that tried to sell him, Callum's never had any interest in being in his life up until now, so David seems to want him the most. Losing him now would be devastating."

We know Kylie is back soon. Is finding her still on David's agenda?
    "I think she's always in his thoughts, but at the minute he's pushed it to one side. His priority is the kids and that means him keeping hold of Max and him not going to live with his drug dealer dad."

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (29-04-2015), maidmarian (28-04-2015), swmc66 (28-04-2015), tammyy2j (28-04-2015)

Coronation Street’s estranged couple David and Kylie Platt are going to fake a romance when she returns to the cobbles.
    They have been apart ever since Kylie started taking drugs and then disappeared at Christmas.
    But when she shows up in Weatherfield again, she makes it clear she wants to save her marriage.
    And when she realises that they face losing custody of Max to his biological dad Callum Logan, she agrees to pretend she’s been reunited with David in a bid to win the battle.
    While David is happy to play the game, it soon becomes clear that Kylie wants a real reunion

After days of faking it on the cobbles, Kylie tells David: “I’m finding this really difficult, you’re being nice to me one minute and cold the next.
    “When you kissed me, didn’t you enjoy it just a little bit? Don’t you want it to be like it was before? I won’t let you down again, I swear.”
    Confirming the fake romance, David simply tells her: “It’s all a game.
    “I can’t risk it, three months time or a year, what will you mean then? There are two young kids at home depending on us.”
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (04-05-2015), swmc66 (04-05-2015)

Coronation Street's David Platt will fake a romance with his estranged wife Kylie in a bid to beat Callum Logan in their custody battle.

Ever since Kylie disappeared last year, viewers have seen David (Jack P Shepherd) face several problems with Callum (Sean Ward), who wants full custody of his biological son Max.

David tries to assure Kylie
    © ITV
    Kylie and David will team up to win custody of Max

However, when Kylie (Paula Lane) returns to Weatherfield, the Daily Star reports that she will team up with David in a bid to stop Callum getting his own way.

Although the pair's reunion is only for show, Kylie will soon find her old feelings rekindled as she becomes determined to win David back.

After the former couple are forced to share a kiss, Kylie questions David over their future, but is left devastated when he tells her he can't risk getting back together.

David worries about where Kylie is.
    © ITV
    David risks losing Max to Callum

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn said earlier this year: "[Kylie is] going to come back right in the middle of the custody battle and she'll come back realising that because of her using drugs, because of her disappearing act, she might be losing Max forever.

"So there's big stuff for her. She's going to have to get her act together, she really is."

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (04-05-2015), lizann (04-05-2015), maidmarian (04-05-2015), swmc66 (04-05-2015), tammyy2j (05-05-2015)

Hate sarah even more if that is possible

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

chartreuse (05-05-2015), tammyy2j (05-05-2015)

Kylie and Callum's drug habit and drug dealing would prevent them getting Max surely, David has to be the better choice as guardian for him on his own or with Gail staying in his house

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Kylie and Callum's drug habit and drug dealing would prevent them getting Max surely, David has to be the better choice as guardian for him on his own or with Gail staying in his house
    only if they've been caught and its on record I guess?

to our knowledge Kylie uses but has never been caught in pocession?

although Callum has been in prison but we assume it was drug related?

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post
    although Callum has been in prison but we assume it was drug related?
    He went to prison for hitting a judge apparently. Not great when a fellow judge will be deciding the fate of his custody case, but perhaps better than being convicted of drugs charges...
    Last edited by Dazzle; 06-05-2015 at 12:09.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

sarah c (06-05-2015)

Thread Information