Thread: Gary Lineker

Gary Lineker

England legend Gary Lineker has made the astonishing admission that he pooed himself during a match at the 1990 World Cup.

The incident happened during the opening game of the tournament in Italy against the Republic of Ireland and had originally become the stuff of urban legend after it was mentioned in Terry Butcher's autobiography.

Butcher was the England captain during the 1990 World Cup where England got to the semi-finals before losing to Germany on penalties.

However, Lineker himself has now 'come clean' and admitted that the incident did indeed take place during the second half of the match against the Irish, which finished 1-1.

"I was not very well, I was poorly at half-time, there was a ball down the left-hand side, I tried to tackle someone, stretched, and then relaxed myself," he admitted in a interview with the BBC to mark his 50th birthday.

"I was very fortunate it rained that night as it allowed me to do something about it, but it was messy - it just happened.

"I tell you I have never had so much space in a match as I did after that," he joked.

Lineker played 80 times for England and scored 48 goals, including one against Ireland in the match in question, although he had scored that goal before his unfortunate accident took place.
    Why would he reveal this now

Yuck there are just somethings you keep to yourself. Gary

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Yuck there are just somethings you keep to yourself. Gary
    It is the Irish.. we make people poop themselves lots
    Super Mod

Thread Information