Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Liz McDonald (Beverley Callard)

Does Carla buy Liz's share of the pub or Steve's share which was being sold to Travis Ltd aka Tony and Tracy?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Does Carla buy Liz's share of the pub or Steve's share which was being sold to Travis Ltd aka Tony and Tracy?
    I presume she buys Liz's share. I doubt Tony would put his share back on the market so quickly - and without telling Tracey.

After they split up i siuppose Tracy and Tony set up house together.

must be liz as steve and michelle signed contracts to sell to the travis company or does that sale not go through

must be liz as steve and michelle signed contracts to sell to the travis company or does that sale not go through

Coronation Street's Liz McDonald is left devastated next week as she discovers that she has been badly betrayed by her partner Tony Stewart.

When Tracy Barlow's plot to seize the Rovers Return is thwarted, she reveals the whole dastardly plan to Liz in a desperate act of revenge - choosing the day of Steve and Michelle's wedding for maximum impact.

Here, Beverley Callard - who plays Liz - reveals all the gossip on what's ahead for her character in the aftermath of the heartbreaking revelations.

How does Liz react when Tracy tells her about the affair with Tony?
    "At first Liz doesn't quite believe it. She's not concerned about the dodgy things that Tracy and Tony might get up to at Barlow's Buys, but she doesn't believe Tony would do anything else. Tracy then starts to show her texts which prove they've been having an affair. Liz still doesn't quite believe it, but she soon starts to realise there could be some truth to it.

"Tracy also tells Liz that they've been trying to get The Rovers from underneath her as well. That just puts the lid on it for Liz, but the one thing she's thinking is that she can't let it ruin the wedding day for Steve and Michelle."

Is it hard for Liz not to let it affect the big day?
    "Liz thinks Steve will sink back into his depression because he's still on the edge of his recovery at the moment. Because of that, she just puts a brave face on it throughout the wedding and she just can't bear Tony to touch her at all. All she can do is look at Tracy and Amy during the ceremony. It's not just another woman that Tony has cheated with - it's the mother of her grandchild and the daughter of her very best friend.

"Liz also believed that Tony was the love of her life. She knew that he was a bit of a wheeler dealer, but she was also attracted to that sense of danger. Liz wouldn't go out with an estate agent, would she, let's face it?!"

Does Liz kick herself for not spotting the signs?
    "I've actually just been filming some scenes where Liz says to Eileen, 'How could I be such a mug? There we were all that time, and not one bit of it was real'. There are enormous explosions ahead from Liz, but you have to wait quite a while for that! At first, I think think Liz is trying to be as sensible as she can be. She's trying to react with dignity, but she just can't quite keep hold of it all the time - which is great to play!"

We know that Andrew Paul has been cast as Liz's next love interest, Dan. Is this just a rebound relationship?
    "It definitely is a rebound relationship, but it's great and it's much more than I thought it was going to be. Corrie's producer Stuart [Blackburn] had told me a little bit about it, but when I saw that they'd cast Andrew, I was delighted - he's a great actor.

"Liz knows Dan already because he works at the brewery. Even though the viewers have not seen him before, the backstory is that he has already taken a shine to Liz in the past. Liz almost said yes to a date with him, but then Tony came along and took all her attentions.

"Liz sees Dan again and they begin to date, but what she doesn't know is that he has history with another character on Coronation Street already. He's going to be in the show for a while."

Do you think Liz will be unlucky in love again?
    "Well I hope not, but I would think so! I said to Stuart and one of the script editors, 'Can I please have a really nice relationship?' and they said 'No!'"

We know that Tony does a runner shortly after the truth has been revealed about the affair. Is he leaving the show?
    "No, he's not leaving. He only does a runner for now - so he's gone for a little while. What you'll see is that he won't let Liz go. Tony and Dan will get heavily involved as well further on down the line, which is quite good. There's a lot of confrontation there! We haven't seen the scripts for that yet.

"The writers keep telling me that Liz and Tony could get back together. I have to say, as an actor playing Liz, I can't see how. I can't see that Liz would ever forgive Tracy or forgive Tony for what they've done, but the storyliners keep telling me that they will put them back together at some point. I don't know much about that yet. What I will say is that Terence Maynard is fantastic to work with - he's just a joy."

Liz tries to get through the day
    © ITV
    Liz tries to get through the day

Is Eileen slightly smug when it all goes wrong with Liz and Tony?
    "No, but we did think it would be quite predictable. We thought we'd get lots of, 'I told you so' and that Eileen might be a bit smug about it, but there's actually none of that at all. Of course Liz hasn't got Deirdre to talk to, so it's Eileen and Erica who are supporting Liz. I've known Claire King for years and you start to see more of that friendship with Erica, which is great.

"But Eileen really feels for Liz and she really puts Tony in his place as well - she's definitely all for Liz and not for him. Even Jason is on Liz's side!"

What is Liz's state of mind as time goes on?
    "At first she's just a bit numb, but then I think it begins to get worse and worse for her. Especially because the character of Tracy is so annoying - you'd batter her, wouldn't you?! (Laughs.) The scenes coming up are great, that's all I can say!"

Does Liz have trust issues now? Could that affect things with Dan?
    "She's bound to have. You'd be rummaging through his pockets, wouldn't you?! I so hope we get scenes like that! She'd be going bananas, so I hope they do all that. Liz must be thinking, 'Oh God, I'm never going to fall in love again - I'm just going to be stuck on my own'. I hope that comes through in the scripts I'm about to do."

Does Liz look back and think she took Tony for granted when she was so distracted by Steve's depression?
    "I think she certainly would, but the problem with Liz is that she'd always put Steve first. She's just that sort of woman. She'd do anything to make sure Steve is happy. I think Liz might think she brought it on herself, but we've not quite got to that part yet. She starts to wonder if she asked for it, but as soon as she thinks about the fact that it was Tracy, she realises she didn't ask for this."

Tracy and Liz watch as the flats burn
    © ITV
    Tracy and Liz

Obviously it's part of the job, but do you ever find it difficult when you suddenly have to film kissing scenes with a new man?
    "I do find that quite difficult, actually. Sometimes you have to do the scenes where you're kissing each other before you've done the ones where you're getting to know each other! That's not happened yet with Andrew and I, but I dread reading the scenes where she goes to bed with him for the first time. You think, 'Please don't make it too soon!' I've only just started working with him, so we'll have to wait and see what happens!"

What does Liz wear to Steve and Michelle's wedding?
    "Oh it's awful - just awful! They've done my hair like Amy Winehouse gone wrong. Liz has got this skintight black and white Lycra dress. There's also a black and white monochrome jacket that just doesn't match the dress at all! (Laughs.) Also the shoes - I have never, ever worn such painful shoes in my life. Believe me, I had Uggs on every chance I got!"

How do you feel about Liz still having such a daring dress sense? Do you ever refuse to worse anything?
    "When I first came back I asked if I could tone her down, but then suddenly they'll say, 'Oh but it's her son's wedding!' or 'Oh, she's going to this event!' The worst part is having to come out of my dressing room and into the cast green room in Liz's clothes!

"Just occasionally I will refuse to wear something. Yesterday they got me the lowest cut top I've ever seen. I just said, 'No I don't think so. I think if I was 16 and looked like Michelle Keegan, I might go for that! But I'm too pale and too old!'"

Tony puts pressure on Liz to get Steve and Michelle to find a buyer for their half of the pub.
    © ITV
    Liz and Tony

It sounds like a busy time for you at the moment - how's the schedule?
    "I've been told that I've not got a day off until after the live episode in September. At the moment it's not too bad, though. I'm in all day every day because Liz is in The Rovers, but lots of the other cast are in for one scene, then they have four scenes off, then they do another scene and then have another four scenes off. Your day is so long then. With mine, if they're well-written and if you love the scripts, then you just sail through it and you're buzzing.

"Sometimes you do think, 'Ooh, I'm not sure she'd say that', but I'm straight on the phone if that happens, I'm terrible. Malcolm Hebden has just said that maybe I'm too forthright! (Laughs.) But I know Liz better than lots of people do. It's rare that I have to phone up, but if there was something I wasn't happy about in a script, I would ring up and say, 'Please would you have a think about this?' But when it's such good stuff, it does keep you buzzing."

We also have the big fire to look forward to next week. What was it like to film those scenes?
    "We had two weeks of night shoots - 6pm to 6am. In a way, we had such good fun because it was almost like the old days of Coronation Street. I was working with Kate Ford, Jane Danson, David Neilson and Ali King. There was also Alan Halsall and Mike Le Vell - God, we missed Mike when he was away.

"You get some members of cast who moan if they've got one scene. We are a big family and we do all look after each other, but there are some in a family you love more than others, you know?! I have to be truthful! (Laughs.)

Fire takes hold of the building
    © ITV
    Fire at Victoria Court

"It's such a naff thing to say that we're all just one big family and we all love each other. Sometimes if you're working with someone and you've got scene after scene after scene and they're moaning, you think, 'Shut up, you've only worked two days this week!' (Laughs.) We do have the whingers, same as anybody does!

"But on the night shoots, we didn't have any of those and we just had an amazing time. One night Alan came in and he brought 135 Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Another night Amy Kelly who plays Maddie brought in boxes of jelly babies and Maltesers. On the last night, I took in seven bottles of wine. Even though the shoots were quite gruelling, we all said it was just like the old days. We just did it and the weather could have been so much worse than it was!"

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-05-2015), maidmarian (21-05-2015), swmc66 (22-05-2015)

Really down to earth women ..now i am wondering who complains a lot on the set.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-05-2015), maidmarian (23-05-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Really down to earth women ..now i am wondering who complains a lot on the set.
    I wonder too Swmc-I wonder if theres an "R"
    in the month(or name)!!!!

Dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 23-05-2015 at 01:27.

Whoever they are they were not in the night fire scenes
    So it cannot be the actress who plays tracy,or carla, maddie One must be Rita. Its not Kevin.

Thread Information