Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Liz McDonald (Beverley Callard)

Coronation Street star Jack P Shepherd has praised the decision to bring back Liz McDonald.

Actress Beverley Callard yesterday (May 30) announced that she is reprising her role as Liz and will be back on screen from October.

While long-term plans for Liz are currently unknown, Shepherd - who plays David Platt - has called for her to get back behind the bar at the Rovers Return.

He told Digital Spy: "It's great that Bev is coming back. I've always loved her character. I think she's one of the best landladies there's ever been at The Rovers. She's always held the fort and she's always been a powerful, dominating barmaid.

"I think that's something that The Rovers needs, especially when Michelle Keegan leaves next year. It'd be nice to finally have Liz McDonald back in the pub.

"And hopefully they'll put Steve McDonald back in the pub, too. That'd be good, because I think it works well and it's funny to watch."

Show bosses have confirmed that Liz returns to the cobbles when Steve approaches her for help in the midst of a crisis with girlfriend Michelle.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

The sooner they get her and Steve back behind the bar of the Rovers the better. Get rid of St. Ella and her gang.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-05-2013), tammyy2j (31-05-2013)

I wonder what crisis Steve has with Michelle?

Liz always got on well with Michelle from my memory

Last edited by tammyy2j; 31-05-2013 at 14:03.

Liz McDonald is to make a comeback to Coronation Street as landlady of the Rovers.

Actress Beverley Callard, who was behind the bar of the iconic pub bet*ween 2006 and 2011, will return to the ITV soap when Liz's son Steve (Simon Gregson) buys the Rovers from Stella (Michelle Collins).

An insider told the Daily Star: "The McDonalds have always had a soft spot for the Rovers. Steve would never have got rid of it if it wasn't for his financial problems when he was wed to Becky.

"So now that he can afford it again, he can't wait to get back in there."

Steve doesn't tell anyone about buying back the Rovers, other than Liz who returns in the autumn. Stella only knows that an unknown buyer is interested.

Stella tells Eva and Gloria in scenes airing next month: "I've got someone who's offered the asking price, it's a mystery buyer.

"£160,000 is a fair price, it's a lot of money. We're going to have to start packing today, we move out on Friday."

Liz was last seen on screen in April 2011, when she left Weatherfield after her on-off partner Jim (Charles Lawson) had put her through more heartbreak.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-08-2013), Ruffed_lemur (17-08-2013), tammyy2j (14-08-2013)

Hopefully if Steve does buy T'Rovers and puts Liz in charge then St. Ella will be made redundant and with her murdering hubbie carted off to the Big House there will be no place for her character and she can disappear back into the oblivion from whence she came.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Hopefully if Steve does buy T'Rovers and puts Liz in charge then St. Ella will be made redundant and with her murdering hubbie carted off to the Big House there will be no place for her character and she can disappear back into the oblivion from whence she came.
    Or back to live in Kev's house again

I wonder where Steve's gets the cash to buy the pub from?
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 14-08-2013 at 13:45.

I've been living in London too long, £160,000 for a pub with a seemingly limitless number of bedrooms seems like a huge bargain!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LostVoodoo For This Useful Post:

lizann (19-08-2013), Perdita (17-08-2013), Sammo1234 (20-08-2013)

talk about ground hog day. why oh why bring liz back into the rovers. i've got used to stella now, i want to see her stay at the rovers.

so far not overly keen on the direction stuart blackburn is taking the show. if this was a school report it would read as follows:-

'stuart has the potential to do well, but must try and not copy other students work. with more thought and attention to detail may help stuart achieve his goals. must try harder.'
    The People's Channel

14. The Following User Says Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (17-08-2013)

Thread Information