Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Liz McDonald (Beverley Callard)

Maybe she ould come back to the Rovers to replace St. Ella
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-05-2012)

Beverley Callard has revealed that she was putting her mother first by quitting Coronation Street.

Callard's character Liz McDonald, the Rover's Return landlady, was last seen in Weatherfield in April 2011.

Speaking to The Mirror, the actress opened up about her struggle with her late mother, who lost her long battle with Alzheimer's in January.

She explained: "Being ill and wanting to spend time with Mum was the real reason I had to quit Corrie last spring.

"[Alzheimer]'s is the cruellest of illnesses. It takes people and robs them of everything that made them them. By the time they are finally released from it and die there is nothing left.

"It pushed me into bankruptcy and I guess I'll be paying for it for years, but regrets? Not one. It was horrific. I've worked non-stop since I was 16 and somehow it all seemed it had been for nothing.

"Corrie schedules are full-on. It's all or nothing and I had to face a choice between the Street or Mum. I love everything about Corrie but there could only be one answer."

The 55-year-old has previously admitted that she enjoyed the ITV soap more when it aired three episodes per week back in the 1990s.

Bring Bev back. She was a better character, barmaid, manager,actor than St Ella

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (16-07-2012)

Beverley Callard has suggested that a return to Coronation Street in the future is possible.

The actress, who played Rovers Return landlady Liz McDonald, made her last on-screen appearance on the ITV soap in April 2011.

When asked by the Daily Express whether she would ever reprise her role, Callard is quoted as replying: "The door is still open."

Callard announced that she was quitting her iconic Weatherfield part in October 2010, later revealing that she left to care for her mother who had Alzheimer's disease before dying in January.

The 55-year-old also suffered with depression during her last years on the serial, and the real-life publican filed for bankruptcy in May this year.

Liz McDonald made her Corrie debut on October 27 1989 along with ex-army sergeant husband Jim.

One of Corrie's former stalwarts, Liz arrived on the cobbles in 1989 with her then husband Jim (Charles Lawson). She disappeared suddenly in 2011 after her ex robbed a bank. Her son Steve (Simon Gregson) remains a resident on the Street.

The star also revealed that she has put on weight to coincide with her stage comeback in the three-month production of The Rise And Fall of Little Voice, in which she plays an alcoholic mother.

"The easy bit was putting on the weight. I've put on two stone as I was a little bit too slim," she added. "I ate everything that I don't usually eat. It's been wonderful. I've eaten Chinese takeaways and pizzas. I've gone up from a size 8 to a size 14."

BEVERLEY Callard is returning to Corrie — two years after she quit over mental health troubles.

The actress — who has played barmaid Liz McDonald since 1989 — will be back on screen in October to cause problems for TV son Steve.

Bev, 56, left the ITV show in 2011 fearing she was slipping into depression that had led to a breakdown in 2009 and controversial electric shock therapy.

But Street bosses now think she can cope after she successfully toured with stage show Little Voice earlier this year.

New producer Stuart Blackburn has offered her a six-month contract, thought to be worth around £50,000, with the hope of making it permanent.
    An insider said: “Stuart’s a massive fan of Bev, and Liz is an iconic character. She left last time because she was poorly, but she’s fully recovered now.”

Bev left the soap in 1998, then returned five years later. She quit again in 2010, but rejoined the following year for a month.

She ran a pub with fourth hubby Jon Mc- Ewan but went bankrupt last year. She said: “It was horrific.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz2UkdV9yi7

BEVERLEY Callard is returning to Corrie — two years after she quit over mental health troubles.

The actress — who has played barmaid Liz McDonald since 1989 — will be back on screen in October to cause problems for TV son Steve.

Bev, 56, left the ITV show in 2011 fearing she was slipping into depression that had led to a breakdown in 2009 and controversial electric shock therapy.

But Street bosses now think she can cope after she successfully toured with stage show Little Voice earlier this year.

New producer Stuart Blackburn has offered her a six-month contract, thought to be worth around £50,000, with the hope of making it permanent.
    An insider said: “Stuart’s a massive fan of Bev, and Liz is an iconic character. She left last time because she was poorly, but she’s fully recovered now.”

Bev left the soap in 1998, then returned five years later. She quit again in 2010, but rejoined the following year for a month.

She ran a pub with fourth hubby Jon Mc- Ewan but went bankrupt last year. She said: “It was horrific.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz2UkdV9yi7

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-05-2013), lizann (31-05-2013), tammyy2j (31-05-2013)

good to have her back behind the bar with steve

Oh no, not her again!

Can't help but worry for her as I got the feeling from reading the article that her return was primarily driven by their financial situation.

Coronation Street star Jack P Shepherd has praised the decision to bring back Liz McDonald.

Actress Beverley Callard yesterday (May 30) announced that she is reprising her role as Liz and will be back on screen from October.

While long-term plans for Liz are currently unknown, Shepherd - who plays David Platt - has called for her to get back behind the bar at the Rovers Return.

He told Digital Spy: "It's great that Bev is coming back. I've always loved her character. I think she's one of the best landladies there's ever been at The Rovers. She's always held the fort and she's always been a powerful, dominating barmaid.

"I think that's something that The Rovers needs, especially when Michelle Keegan leaves next year. It'd be nice to finally have Liz McDonald back in the pub.

"And hopefully they'll put Steve McDonald back in the pub, too. That'd be good, because I think it works well and it's funny to watch."

Show bosses have confirmed that Liz returns to the cobbles when Steve approaches her for help in the midst of a crisis with girlfriend Michelle.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (31-05-2013)

Thread Information