Thread: Liz McDonald (Beverley Callard)

Just saw old scenes with Liz. She has aged really well. Lovely woman

I think that guy is the grandfather as well

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I think that guy is the grandfather as well
    Has Liz just assumed he's the father?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Has Liz just assumed he's the father?
    Did Mary not ask whether he is a single father when they were discussing him in the bar?

Liz McDonald will temporarily depart Coronation Street next week and her exit storyline has now been confirmed.

Beverley Callard, who plays Rovers favourite Liz, has been signed off work temporarily to focus on her health.

The Grimshaws have recently been rocked by the devastating news that Tony Stewart has passed away andTony's ex-partner Liz will hear about his passing tonight. However, Liz is soon facing another nasty shock when Tony's grieving son Jason publicly blames her for the tragedy.

Liz realises that Michelle lied to her
    © ITV

Tony died of a heart attack, but Jason will make it clear that he holds Liz responsible, believing that his father would still be alive if she hadn't made him leave Weatherfield.

With Jason showing no signs of forgiving Liz anytime soon, she will soon make the big decision to head to Spain in a bid to escape the bad atmosphere.

Upcoming scenes will see Steve and Michelle discuss Liz's plans to head to Spain in the run-up to Tony's funeral.

Liz was initially meant to be heavily featured in Tony's funeral scenes, but bosses were forced to rework them because of Callard's break.

Digital Spy

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-04-2016), maidmarian (27-04-2016), tammyy2j (27-04-2016)

Andy McDonald in Spain is a god send for Corrie writers

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-04-2016), lizann (27-04-2016), Perdita (28-04-2016), swmc66 (27-04-2016)

Yes it helps. Having said that maybe the actor who plays Steve could still do his job with his arm / shoulder in a sling and they could say he fell down the cellar or something. If i was him i would return as soon as possible.

how did leggy liz get the job in the medical centre, seriously how, was it ever explained on screen, who gave her heads up to apply etc.,

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    how did leggy liz get the job in the medical centre, seriously how, was it ever explained on screen, who gave her heads up to apply etc.,
    If there was any mention of the job going there, I have missed it.

Coronation Street's Liz McDonald makes a surprising decision next week after she's offered a chance to come back to the Rovers Return already.

Liz has waved goodbye to the iconic pub and landed herself a new job at the medical centre, after selling up to Peter Barlow and Toyah Battersby.

Next week's episodes see Liz already starting to lose patience with her so-called fresh start, as bossy Moira is making her life a total misery at work.

When Eileen Grimshaw pays a visit to the practice, Liz confides in her about just how difficult she's finding it working with battleaxe Moira. Things only get worse when Liz then gets reprimanded for gossiping with one of the doctors when she should be working.

Liz McDonald continues to struggle at the medical centre in Coronation Street
    © ITV

Kind Liz later tries to extend an olive branch to Moira by giving her some advice, but she's told to mind her own business and concentrate on answering the phone. Charming!

Once Steve gets wind of his mum's troubles, he calls into the pub and begs Peter to give Liz some shifts behind the bar so she can get back where she belongs.

Peter reluctantly agrees and invites Liz back to The Rovers as a staff member, but she's too proud to accept the offer once she realises that he's only asking because of Steve.

Will Liz regret being so stubborn, or can she make a go of it at the medical centre?

Steve McDonald asks Peter Barlow to give Liz some shifts in Coronation Street
    © ITV

Beverley Callard, who plays Liz, recently praised the big changes for her character by telling Inside Soap: "Instead of turning left in the studio, now I just turn right. It's great for me as an actress, as Steve and Liz end up living together in the flat above Streetcars.

"We're getting some proper McDonald scenes and they're so funny! I can't tell you much, apart from Steve is with a woman and Liz doesn't see any chemistry. She tells him, 'Steve, she's a nice girl, but if she doesn't put a snap in your celery, she isn't worth having'.

"And then Liz goes, 'I've seen more romantic kisses at Liza Minnelli's last wedding!' They do write some classics for Liz!"

Digital Spy

Thread Information