Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: Debbie Dingle

back as al's mystery lady

https://metro.co.uk/2021/12/23/emmer...pWZkS6K9fUPb6s

Emmerdale star Charley Webb ?quits show after 19 years amid race row? ??? It is from the Metro so might not be true, Charley always maintained she would not return until Covid restrictions were eased so this might just be another made up story. However, I think it is time that Emmerdale made an official statement as to what this row is all about...
    Last edited by Perdita; 24-12-2021 at 08:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    https://metro.co.uk/2021/12/23/emmer...pWZkS6K9fUPb6s

Emmerdale star Charley Webb ?quits show after 19 years amid race row? ??? It is from the Metro so might not be true, Charley always maintained she would not return until Covid restrictions were eased so this might just be another made up story. However, I think it is time that Emmerdale made an official statement as to what this row is all about...
    This story has also appeared in The Sun. She says she wants to try something new, and has been thinking of leaving for a while. However the timing of the announcement seems very strange, especially as he husband is involved in the race row. Is it possible that Mathew and Isabel have got a little to close?? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by johntrevor View Post
    This story has also appeared in The Sun. She says she wants to try something new, and has been thinking of leaving for a while. However the timing of the announcement seems very strange, especially as he husband is involved in the race row. Is it possible that Mathew and Isabel have got a little to close?? Just wondering.
    he strayed before and both are no loss

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...nstagram-exit/

Emmerdale star Charley Webb has addressed her future on the ITV soap, almost a year since she was last seen on our screens.

Charley, who has played fan-favourite Debbie Dingle since 2002, responded to a fan's question about whether she had left the show on Instagram yesterday (January 3).

Confirming Emmerdale's line back in December that there were currently no plans for Debbie to return to the village, Charley appeared to admit that she had bid farewell to her long-running character.

"This is always my most asked question but I've never answered it before because I've never wanted to make a big deal of it," the actress explained.

Suggesting that she had stepped back from the soap on a more permanent basis when she last went on maternity leave, Charley continued: "I left to have Ace [two] years ago.

"I went back at the end of last year for 10 weeks to complete a storyline. So, I guess officially it's been a year. I never felt the need to announce it which is why we didn't."

Speculation about Charley's future on Emmerdale follows reports that her co-star and husband Matthew Wolfenden ? as well as Victoria Sugden star Isabel Hodgins ? had been absent from filming amid rumours of an on-set row.

Emmerdale later responded to reports of a racism complaint, saying it "has robust policies in place to deal with any allegations brought to our attention".

Reports claimed that a mixed-race star had been upset by an "inappropriate comment" and mimicry during filming earlier this year. Neither Wolfenden nor Hodgins have addressed the speculation publicly, but they are previously reported to have denied the allegations.

Thread Information