48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Ithink Denise is dead

4 8.33%
  • No, I don't think Denise is dead

44 91.67%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Denise (Diane Parish)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    It's more common than we think. People who are lone carers (especially someone like Denise who's holding down a cleaning job too) suffer terrible stress and sometimes lash out, even though it's out of character. There may be more to the story than we've heard so far though.
    no excuse for her to hurt him, despicable act by denise

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    no excuse for her to hurt him, despicable act by denise
    Yes, I wasn't making excuses for her if she has deliberately hurt him, just commenting that her stress levels must be intolerable. We don't know the whole story so it may not be as clear cut as first appearances would indicate (I haven't seen today's episode yet).
    Last edited by Dazzle; 02-01-2015 at 22:24.

Yes, I wasn't making excuses for her if she has deliberately hurt him, just commenting that her stress levels must be intolerable. We don't know the whole story so it may not be as clear cut as first appearances would indicate (I haven't seen today's episode yet).
    no probs dazzle but wine is helping her stress levels

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-01-2015)

no probs dazzle but wine is helping her stress levels

It's the killer twist that fans may or may not have seen coming - but EastEnders' Denise Fox is back in touch Lucas Johnson... and falling for his charms again.

While viewers might be willing Denise to stay away from the convicted murderer, actress Diane Parish is thrilled with the story development and has teased that we will see a more "chilling" side to Lucas (Don Gilet) this time.

Speaking to Inside Soap, she said: "What is so interesting this time is that Don has brought a much more sinister side of Lucas to the table. It's really quite chilling, so you end up not knowing what is going to happen next.

"I am more than braced for what's to come. If you get a plot like this, you know it is going to be demanding and challenging work."

Feeling more alone than ever, Denise makes a phone call...
    © BBC

"It has got twists and turns which I like and I get to film with one of my favourite actors, Don Gilet."

Gilet ​will make another appearance in tomorrow night's episode when Denise visits him in jail, paving the way for him to return in the spring. However, Parish isn't sure if that means he will manage to escape prison or not.

She said: "Well, I don't know how many people go around just getting out of prison so easily for what they're in for - and there's no question as to whether he did it.

"It would be the end for Denise, wouldn't it? 'Thank you and good night,' is what they'll be saying!

"I can't see how EastEnders could figure out a reason to get him released unless it was dodgy."

​EastEnders continues tomorrow night at 7.30pm where Denise will come face to face with Lucas.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-02-2016)

I think Lucas is a fantastic character and I'm pleased to be seeing him again, but "paving the way for him to return in the spring"! Does that mean he's returning permanently?!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Dougie (04-02-2016), Perdita (03-02-2016)

Diane Parish on why Denise ends up in bed with Phil!

The actress praises co-star Steve McFadden's acting - "He's one of the best in soap"

There's been no shortage of drama in Denise's life of late what with Lucas's attempted jailbreak and Jordan's imprisonment. And next week's episodes certainly keep the surprises coming.

After finding out that Libby is pregnant, Denise is left shocked when she reveals that she doesn't want to keep the baby. In fact, Denise is so stunned that she goes out, gets plastered, has a massive row with Carmel and ends up in bed with a similarly tanked-up Phil! Yes, Phil Mitchell!

Here, actress Diane Parish tells us more about another tumultuous week in Albert Square for her Walford alter-ego…

So what is Denise’s state of mind at the moment?
    She is not in a good place.

How does she feel about having given up JJ?
    She's really feeling it. He was her chance to have a family again and a purpose in life. She loved him and is missing him. Yes, Libby's visiting her now and again, but she's not really around that much and Denise feels very much on her own.

What does she think when Libby says she is pregnant?
    It's a huge shock, but she's like ‘yes!’ and running around with excitement and wants to celebrate.

How does she react when Libby says she is not keeping the baby?
    She can’t comprehend the idea that Libby wants to get rid of the baby. But she's old enough and wise enough to know that things always turn out alright in the end. She's convinced that if Libby has this baby, she won’t regret it. She desperately wants to be a grandma, but also, she doesn’t want Libby to make a decision she may live to regret.

Why does she row with Carmel?
    She's rowing with everybody. Carmel offers an opinion on the baby that's different to hers, so she goes for her. Carmel is only trying to offer help and advice, but Denise doesn’t see it like that.

How on earth does she end up drinking with Phil?
    They end up at the same watering hole, down at The Albert, in a similar state of inebriation. I don’t think Denise can drink Phil under the table, but she's as drunk as she can get. The thing is she hates this man but she enjoys prodding and poking the lion behind the cage when it comes to Phil Mitchell and also enjoys seeing him at his worst, because it just confirms everything she thinks about him.

How do they end up in bed?
    You’ll have to wait and see! But when I discussed this with our wise producer Dominic [Treadwell-Collins], and he told me what I was going to play, I screamed. I got up and ran around his office, screaming! Steve McFadden is the most wonderful actor and I was thrilled to be able to do some really nice interesting work with him as I have huge respect. I was thinking to myself, 'how could Denise let herself end up with him the way he is when Sharon and Shirley have turned him down?' All these people that actually love him can’t be doing with him, but Denise does!

Is it a case of two people being at their lowest ebb?
    There's a sense of loss and no hope and a feeling of what’s the point? Which is why they drink the way they do. When you stop loving yourself, you stop caring and you drink like that. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who find themselves in those positions, who wake up and go ‘Oh God, I didn’t!’ – this is one of those moments.

What was it like acting those scenes?
    It was fun and it was also really fascinating. Acting wise, Steve is one of the best in soap. Because it's not just that he plays a drunk, he also plays the anger, the emotion, the torment, everything. I loved working with him - it was fun and it is nice to do something completely different.

How was it acting drunk?
    Nerve wracking. But with Steve, it's like a masterclass. You struggle for your choices; he has got all the boxes ticked and I was really careful not to be a high comedic, silly drunk.

Will this be a wake up call for Denise?
    Yes, most people reach a turning point and this is hers. It is that thing of going, ‘What is my life about?' It's about time she tried to fix herself. She's not had much in the way of anything good - she's not had a good man or made good choices. I'm hoping she builds up from here.

What would you like to do with her in the future?
    I'm ready for her to have a sense of purpose within the Square and to be a bit more self-made and less reliant. There's a point where you have to go ‘I have got to do it for me’

Everyone loved Denise and Fatboy - what did you make of what they had together?
    I loved it too. It was a lovely thing to do and I think there was something really special between Denise and Fatboy. I also wish Ricky Norwood the best with what he does.

Are you still enjoying being part of EastEnders?
    It's been ten years and it keeps evolving and changing. There are ebbs and flows because the cast and everything changes - there are always new things to get excited about. I respect the show, I respect my character and I'm still having fun. And I've certainly had a big old challenge recently with this!

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...-bed-with-phil

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (20-04-2016), lizann (19-04-2016), Perdita (19-04-2016), Rear window (19-04-2016)

is she in the menopause

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-04-2016)

There's speculation among some EE fans that Denise might get pregnant after her one night stand with Phil - and keep the baby!

The hot flushes could suggest Denise has started the menopause so she might think she doesn't need contraception. Also, she might not link the absence of her periods to a pregnancy until it's quite advanced. There's also Libby's upcoming abortion which devastates her. All these factors have got fans putting two and two together - and making twenty four?

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (25-04-2016), parkerman (24-04-2016), Perdita (24-04-2016), Rear window (24-04-2016), tammyy2j (26-04-2016)

That could be a good storyline, Denise has lost Jordan and JJ with now too Libby aborting her baby

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-04-2016)

Thread Information