Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sherlock (BBC)

Me too.

BBC One's Sherlock looks as if it could become a big hit with US viewers after being bought by TV network PBS.

The first three episodes of Sherlock, which are due to air from October 24, have already received a "positive response" from US critics.

And Benedict Cumberbatch - who stars alongside Martin Freeman show - has just returned from a promotional tour in Los Angeles, along with writers Stephen Moffat and Mark Gatiss.

Benedict - who will also star in Steven Spielberg's next film War Horse - added that he hopes US viewers will enjoy the show, which transports Holmes and Watson to the modern era.

"If I had a penny for every time a fan of the originals had come up to me and said, 'I didn't want to like this, but I did,' I'd be a rich man," he said.

"The response has been phenomenal and it's great. We are very flattered."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-08-2010)

I just caught up with this series on iplayer, and I was sceptical at first being a tradionalist regarding sherlock holmes, but I have to say I was really impressed and throughly enjoyed it. I hope they run another series soon, it was exceptional.

Sherlocked 2012

Wow how amazing was that episode? It had me gripped right the way trhrough.
    The chemistry between Irene Adler and Sherlock, it was tantalizing. I would say all sorts if these weren't boards for all ages.

I had to look the actress up on IMDB and never recognized her as being in Spooks. Well done.

I hope they bring her back.
    Last edited by Dutchgirl; 04-01-2012 at 16:19.

Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss have both confirmed that there will be a third series of Sherlock.

The co-creators of the show took to Twitter to reveal the news after the end of the concluding episode of Sherlock's second series, which aired last night (January 15).

Moffat wrote: "#sherlock Yes of course there's going to be a third series - it was commissioned at the same time as the second. Gotcha!", while Gatiss tweeted: "Gotcha! And of course there'll be a third series! It was commissioned at the same time as series two!!"

Martin Freeman, who plays Dr John Watson, recently admitted that he hoped that there would be a third series.

Benedict Cumberbatch has also teased that a further run of the show could be "quite hard", given the conclusion of series two
    Last edited by alan45; 16-01-2012 at 03:14.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dutchgirl (16-01-2012)

Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss have both confirmed that there will be a third series of Sherlock.

The co-creators of the show took to Twitter to reveal the news after the end of the concluding episode of Sherlock's second series, which aired tonight (January 15).

Moffat wrote: "#sherlock Yes of course there's going to be a third series - it was commissioned at the same time as the second. Gotcha!", while Gatiss tweeted: "Gotcha! And of course there'll be a third series! It was commissioned at the same time as series two!!"

Martin Freeman, who plays Dr John Watson, recently admitted that he hoped that there would be a third series.

Benedict Cumberbatch has also teased that a further run of the show could be "quite hard", given the conclusion of series two.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

parkerman (16-01-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post

Benedict Cumberbatch has also teased that a further run of the show could be "quite hard", given the conclusion of series two.
    Why? He was shown as being still alive.

Good news I just love SH. Brilliant written , acted and filmed. Hope they keep the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Why? He was shown as being still alive.
    This was before episode 3 was shown. I think he didn't want to give the plot away! Because in the book he dies. And of course Sir Arthur Conan Doyle resurected him after complaints from his readers. So it could have gone either way.
    Last edited by Dutchgirl; 16-01-2012 at 15:42.

Sherlock co-creator Steven Moffat has hinted that fans have missed a vital clue from the show's second series finale.

'The Reichenbach Fall' saw Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch) apparently plummet to his death, only for the character to later reappear unharmed.

"I've been online and looked at all the theories," Moffat told the Radio Times. "And there's one clue that everyone's missed."

He added: "It's something that Sherlock did that was very out of character, but which nobody has picked up on."

Moffat and series co-creator Mark Gatiss have confirmed that Sherlock will return for a third series, indicating that they have no plans to end the hit detective drama.

"We love doing this, this is brilliant fun so [we'll keep going] as long as we can keep Benedict [Cumberbatch] and Martin [Freeman] coming back," said the writer.

The second series of Sherlock concluded on Sunday night, pulling in 7.9m for BBC One.

Thread Information