Thread: Ada Nicodemou

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ada Nicodemou

Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has separated from husband Chrys Xipolitas, according to a report.

The actress, who plays Summer Bay's Leah Patterson-Baker, is taking time out from her marriage after both parties decided that the relationship 'wasn't working', the Herald Sun claims.

A source told the newspaper: "It has happened, but it's just too personal for either of them to talk about it right now. She won't be commenting one way or the other."

Nicodemou was not wearing her wedding ring when she was pictured heading to the Home and Away set today. However, representatives for the star refused to comment on the matter.

The 32-year-old tied the knot with Xipolitas in Sydney three years ago.

Shame

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-04-2010)

Ada Nicodemou has reportedly decided to give her marriage to Chrys Xipolitas another go.

The Home and Away star, who has been married to restaurant owner Xipolitas for about three years, is believed to have put her wedding ring back on in order to save their relationship.

Xipolitas checked into a Sydney clinic last week to receive treatment for ongoing clinical depression.

A family friend of Nicodemou told Woman's Day magazine: "Her family thought Chrys was the luckiest man in the world to get Ada. No-one was surprised when cracks began showing."

However, the 32-year-old allegedly had a change of heart about their split following a counselling session with her husband.

Would be nice if they could work things out

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-04-2010)

Ada Nicodemou has reportedly got back together with husband Chrys Xipolitas.

The Home and Away star, who plays Leah Patterson-Baker in the Australian soap, allegedly split from Xipolitas last month shortly before he checked himself into a rehab clinic to receive treatment for an ongoing battle with depression.

The couple have been spotted on numerous occasions in the past two weeks and friends of the actress told The Daily Telegraph that they have decided to reconcile.

An onlooker at a Sydney restaurant where Nicodemou and Xipolitas dined earlier this week said: "They looked happy. They weren't kissing and all over each other, but they were relaxed and comfortable."

Nicodemou was seen wearing her wedding ring again at Sunday's Logie Awards, which she attended alone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (09-05-2010)

That is excellent news.
    Too many people these days opt out of marriage when it suits them. I am so glad Ada and herhusband are trying again.
    Leah is one of my fave character on H&A, and I love the partnership between her and Elijia

Ada Nicodemou has reportedly decided that she wants to start a family.

The Home and Away star, who has been married to Sydney restaurateur Chrys Xipolitas for three years, allegedly believes that having a baby could help them get over their recent split.

A friend of the couple told The Daily Telegraph: "If this can be worked out, Ada will find a way."

Nicodemou and Xipolitas briefly split last month and he later sought help for an ongoing battle with depression at a Northern Beaches treatment centre.

A source on the Australian soap has revealed that producers of the show have told Nicodemou that a pregnancy can be written into her character Leah Patterson-Baker's storylines if she manages to conceive.

That would be lovely and it is nice that they would write her pregnancy into the storyline.
    Last edited by Perdita; 13-05-2010 at 08:55.

Ada Nicodemou has spoken out about depression.

The Home and Away actress, whose character Leah suffered from agoraphobia after being caught up in racist riots last year, said that depression is no longer a "taboo subject" thanks to the coverage it gets on television.

Nicodemou's husband Chrys Xipolitas also sought treatment at a Sydney rehab clinic earlier this year while battling depression.

She told TV Week magazine: "I think everyone knows someone who has experienced depression and it isn't a taboo subject anymore.

"It was nice that the show dealt with it and agoraphobia because it isn't something that's always spoken about."

She also said that while filming those storylines, she found it "hard to go home at the end of the day and be happy".

Ada Nicodemou Pregnant

AFTER a tumultuous few years, Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou has announced she is pregnant.

The Gold Logie nominee said she was crying with joy when she discovered she was pregnant with her first child to husband Chrys Xipolitas.

The Please Marry My Boy host is three months pregnant and said going to IVF was the best thing she ever did.

"We'd been trying for a year all up, I guess, and I was so focused on getting pregnant I couldn't think of anyone else... it's all I've been talking about for years,'' Nicodemou told New Idea magazine.

"In the end IVF was seriously the best thing we did.

"I doesn't usually happen on the first go and we didn't want to get our hopes up too much, but we were very lucky.

"I'm really looking forward to it - I just wish we didn't have to wait another 27 weeks."

The Home and Away favourite's marriage hit a rough patch in 2010 when she and Xipolitas, 37, temporarily separated, partly as a result of his battle with depression.

"You know everything happens for a reason,'' Nicodemou said.

"This is the right time for us to have a baby. We've been through some difficulties and come out all the stronger."

Nicodemou, 34, said she was yet to find out the sex of the baby.

"Chrys can't wait to find out the sex but he can't keep a secret and I'd rather have a surprise. To be honest, I don't mind either way as long as it's healthy."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...#ixzz1mv67sHAY

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kmmh58 For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (20-02-2012)

Thread Information