Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Livesy Dingle

Danny Miller appeared on Good Morning Britain today, Friday September 25th at 07:50

He was interviewed by Ben Shepherd and Kate Garraway.

Kate:
    There's drama in the Dales tonight. I know what you're thinking, there's always drama in the Dales but this is particularly dramatic tonight, isn't it, as Robert Sugden is shot.

Ben:
    Yes, there is a queue of suspects, they've all got plenty of motives, haven't they, the reason why they want Robert dead.

Kate:
    I know, but who actually did it? Was it Chrissie, Lawrence, Lachlan, Paddy, Andy or was it Aaron? We're speaking to Danny Miller who plays Aaron in just a moment. He's looking a little bit sheepish, I must say...

Ben:
    And guilty, to be honest.

Kate:
    Very guilty, very guilty. Uh, but first let's have look at the lead up to the shooting.

(Shows video excerpt from tonight's Emmerdale)

[
    (Robert is talking to Chas and Andy whilst Andy is there.)

Robert:
    We don't know what he's going on about, he's having some kind of episode.

Andy: (to Aaron)
    Look, I know you lied to me, I don't care why, I'm not out to get you. I just need you to back me up.

Aaron:
    I've.. I've told you everything already.

Andy:
    Well he confessed to me. He's trying to make out that I dreamt it up. You know I didn't, tell them what really happened.

Aaron:
    She, er.. she rang me about a car.
    ]

Kate:
    Uh oh, oh my goodness me. We're talking about Danny Miller who of course, plays Aaron in Emmerdale. Good to see you this morning. So tonight is the night when we see the build-up, the actual buildup and the shooting.

Danny:
    Yeah I think it's the climax of quite a few characters' storylines, so erm, yeah, it's dramatic, it's good, it's very good, I have to say.

Ben:
    Have you had a chance to watch it yet?

Danny:
    Just bits of it, yeah. Obviously we know what's coming up and what's been caught and what's not, and so we know, but yeah I've seen some of it. It's good, very good.

Kate:.
    And you're actually there aren't you? When he's shot.

Danny:
    Yeah, I've got to be dead careful, you see the press office are look like that (points to distance with right hand part resembling gun?).

Ben:
    The snipers are on you as well.

Danny:
    Yeah, they are. Yeah, I mean he is there, he is, you'll see tonight, so it's not like, you know, I'm revealing anything I shouldn't. He's.. he's the first on the scene to speak, so naturally he's.. he's in there with the suspects.

Kate:
    That must put you in the frame?

Danny:
    Yeah. Well I mean it does anyway. I think that Robert has upset so many people in the village that it could be anybody as it is anyway. Erm, but, I think, moreso Aaron than anybody else, I think, because that's kind of, you know, he's been his love interest and his little dirty secret, if you like, erm, so, erm, I think he's got more reason than anybody.

Ben:
    Yeah. When they do these fantastic sort of whodunnits in the soaps, um, often we hear that no-one actually knows till the last minute, and often there's dummy scripts put out as well. Was it similar for you guys on this one, did they lead a few of you down the garden path to make you think that maybe you'd done it when maybe you hadn't.

Danny:
    No, I think people do it differently. I think, they are, you know, if you wanna do it that way, it's fine, if you wanna tell people, it's fine. I think, either way it works, erm. I think, erm, we know as a cast because it was never supposed to be as long as some of the others have gone on...

Ben:
    Right.

Danny:
    Erm, but we knew so we could kind of come and play it as we wanted to play it, which I think is easier, because then, you know you know, you're not constantly worrying if it's you, if it's me, if it's... you know. I think, you know and you just play it the way the script says then.

Kate:
    Wow. And the producers have hinted that, I mean, obviously everybody loves the build-up after the drama issues, how they're so brilliant the scriptwriters on Emmerdale, aren't they, and then so did they make it so tense not knowing who is going to do it, but they've revealed or they've hinted that the big reveal at the end is going to be different to how it's ever been before.

Danny:
    Yeah, it is, it hasn't been done before as far as I can remember, I mean, well they've said it hasn't been done before.

Ben:
    It hasn't been done before. Something we're going to see, the reveal is going to be soap history?

Danny:
    Yeah, again I've got to be dead careful, I say, erm.

Kate:
    We're trying to think exactly what that could mean.

Danny:
    It's something that hasn't been done in soaps, as far as I'm concerned, and it's something that's completely different. I think it's a really clever way of telling it. Erm ,you have to be careful with these whodunnits because there's been so many of them you've got to make your own little mark on it, I think, this particular episode of the reveal will..

Ben:
    But it can't be live, because we've done live episodes before, it can't be, it can't sort of like a second guessing it, because.

Kate:
    Are you all in fancy dress, and you whip off your costumes to reveal...whodunnit, is that what it is?

Danny:
    Yeah, it's a hilarious episode..

Ben:
    It sounds really exciting. Talking of fancy dress, I know that you're, you helped set up Once Upon A Smile, the charity, and I was watching this fabulous copy of 'Road to Amarillo' that you did on set. here's a little clip, I mean it's a brilliant and a lovely idea with Woolpack and walking up the street. I mean, how did you decide to do this and how did it come about?

Danny:
    Well, my Dad, that's my Dad there on the right, Tony Christie on the left, and the two of them are very good friends, and Once Upon A Smile is a child bereavement charity, so it's something that Tony wanted to get involved with, and we just said, look right, instead of coming up with our own idea why don't we just, you know, it's been about fifteen years or so since they've done it. Why don't we do our own renditioning, and Tony was more than happy to help.

(Etc, then shows video of 'Road to Amarillo')

Kate:
    We cannot wait for tonight, we cannot see how it all pans out. But look we are going to have to wind this up here.

(Reveals the new Sam Smith song for the new Bond Spectre film)

Ben:
    Danny, thank you so much for coming in.

Danny:
    Thanks for having me. Thanks very much.

Ben:
    And best of luck with it tonight and the reveal and everything and thanks very much.
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 25-09-2015 at 12:48.

Where did it all go wrong for Aaron and Robert?

Emmerdale 19 Oct 2015

With Aaron Livesy about to be charged with the attempted murder of his lover Robert Sugden, Emmerdale actor Danny Miller has been taking a look back at the pair’s turbulent relationship and trying to pinpoint where it all went wrong.
    Where did it all go wrong for Aaron and Robert?

Story by Jackie Bell @Jackie_utv

Not long after Robert returned to Emmerdale with his soon-to-be wife Chrissie and her family, he made a beeline for Aaron and the pair quickly embarked on a secret affair.

But with Robert refusing to admit he is gay, their relationship was heading on a dramatic course.

“Robert and Aaron’s relationship has had so many ups and downs,” said Danny, who plays the tortured Aaron.

“I don’t think Aaron can really get a grasp of where he stands. I think that’s where the frustration comes in that if Aaron had his way, he would just tell the whole village and say ‘we’re in a relationship, we’re both gay, get over it’.

“Aaron went after him because he might like a little bit of danger, and I think Robert knows that and he can see that. I think that adds more to their drama and their relationship.

“Robert won’t accept his sexuality and he won’t even admit that this is a relationship. He sees Aaron as just his dirty bit on the side, and I think that’s where Aaron himself gets more and more frustrated.

“He wants Robert, he wants to be in a relationship with him and he can’t.”

What started as a “bit of fun” soon became something more sinister, when Katie Sugden found out about the affair and, after an argument with Robert, fell to her death.

Danny continued: “Things for Aaron and Robert started to go wrong around the time that Katie died. Aaron thought it was such a big accident and big mistake when it happened, he didn’t realise that Robert was keeping a secret.

“It’s when it all changed and Aaron thought if he could lie about that, he can lie about anything.”

Robert’s determination to keep their affair a secret continued when Paddy Kirk got involved, and Robert almost killed him while he was stuck in the grain pit at Butler’s Farm.

“With Paddy and the grain pit, I think that’s where Aaron’s ears pricked up and he thought I need to have a real re-think here because Paddy is probably the most important person in Aaron’s life,” said Danny. “And the fact that he could have been dead at the hands of Robert was something that changed the relationship completely.”

This week on Emmerdale, Aaron is on remand for attempted murder while Robert remains in a coma after being shot – but could Aaron really have been the one to shoot Robert in cold blood?

“It’s a fine line between love and hate,” said Danny.

Emmerdale viewers will finally be told who the mystery assailant is in a special ‘rewind’ episode of the soap in celebration of its 43rd birthday.

Emmerdale rewinds on Thursday 22 October at 8pm.

Source:
    http://utv.ie/Entertainment/2015/10/...d-Robert-47241

ITV released a deleted video on 19th November of a scene which didn't make the final episode screened on TV on Friday 6th November, episode 7339). The scene does come across as a little strained and forced as far as the acting goes. However, I find everything extra about Emmerdale to be of interest. This episode was the one where Robert was released from hospital, returned to Emmerdale and visits where he was shot at the back of the Woolpack before telling Victoria how he wants to see Aaron's plea in court on Monday 9th as he still questions whether Aaron could have pulled the trigger.

In the video, Robert asks Adam if he thinks Aaron was the person who shot him. Adam replies that, even if Aaron had, Adam would still back him. But Adam says he knows that Aaron didn't. When Robert asks Adam how he knows, Adam says that Robert would have seen it coming if it had been Aaron. Adam says: "He ain't no coward who would do it from a distance, is he?"

Video - Deleted Scenes: Adam Reveals What He Knows, 1m 20s
    http://www.itv.com/emmerdale/extras/...-what-he-knows

I wish we could have seen this scene in the TV episode. Aaron is my favourite character in Emmerdale. He looks good, has a great personality, blubs a lot well and boy can he act well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

binky321 (23-11-2015)

Emmerdale spoilers: Aaron Livesy to get suspicious over Robert Sugden's shooting

Is Aaron going to uncover Andy's guilt?

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    24 November 2015

​Emmerdale schemer Robert Sugden is left in a panic next week as his ex-lover Aaron Livesy gets dangerously close to the truth about his shooting.

Robert (Ryan Hawley) is currently keeping quiet about who was responsible for gunning him down in September, wanting to protect his brother Andy.

Tense episodes next week see Aaron's thoughts turn back to the shooting, as he wonders whether the mystery culprit could be the same person who is 'stalking' Chas.

Aaron (Danny Miller) takes the opportunity to quiz Robert about what he knows, but the cagey answers he gets in response leave him with reason to believe that sneaky Robert actually knows who shot him.

Robert is forced to warn Andy that Aaron is getting suspicious afterwards, and Andy fears it won't take long for Aaron to figure out who Robert is protecting.

Aaron is later given a distraction when his mum Chas is diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), which explains her recent terror at The Woolpack, but will he really forget about Robert's secretive behaviour so easily?

With one ex causing trouble for Robert, things are looking slightly better on the Home Farm front when he wins brownie points with Chrissie by defending her in court.

Chrissie is standing trial for her role in causing the helicopter crash. When she's eventually found not guilty in a shock verdict, was it Robert's evidence that swung the case in her favour?

Source:
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...dens-shooting/

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

binky321 (24-11-2015), tammyy2j (24-11-2015)

Emmerdale spoilers: Aaron Livesy and Ross Barton team up for Christmas robbery

The warehouse raid proves to be a terrible mistake.

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    8 December 2015

Emmerdale's Aaron Livesy will be lured back into the criminal world this Christmas as he teams up with Ross Barton for a dodgy job.

Aaron agrees to help Ross (Michael Parr) carry out a risky raid at a warehouse, but their dangerous plan may well come back to bite them when the police get involved.

Troubled Aaron isn't keen when Ross first mentions the job to him, but his attitude changes when his father Gordon (Gary Mavers) returns to the village unexpectedly.

© ITV
    Aaron listens to Ross's plan

© ITV
    Ross tells Aaron about his plan

Gordon's arrival comes just as Aaron is looking into the possibility of buying Diane Sugden's share of The Woolpack as she is planning to sell up.

When Gordon offers to help by giving him some cash, Aaron throws the gesture back in his face and tells Ross that he'll take part in the robbery after all.

Aaron's job seems easy enough as he plays lookout for Ross, but things go badly wrong when a warehouse worker intervenes and questions him - prompting Aaron to do something he may later regret.

© ITV
    Aaron gets questioned by a warehouse worker

© ITV
    The warehouse worker is injured after an altercation

Danny Miller, who plays Aaron, explained: "Aaron is trying to do all he can to get his deposit together for Diane's share of the pub for Chas, and that's where his morals go out the window. Chas is the most important person in his life and he wants to do all that he can for her.

"Ross offers an opportunity for Aaron to play look-out at the warehouse and he'll give him some money. He's not interested because Aaron isn't that kind of person, but then his dad turns up and this whole thing sends him a bit west.

"After the robbery, there's a police e-fit that's released because something goes wrong on the job at the hands of Aaron. It's now not just a robbery - there's another crime that's been committed. So the police need to know who it is."

The release of the e-fit casts a shadow over Christmas for Aaron, as he is nervous that someone will recognise him as the mystery man in the picture.

© ITV
    Aaron is nervous at the Christmas Nativity play that he will be matched with the newspaper e-fit

Sure enough, it's Gordon who first spots the e-fit in a local newspaper and he warns Chas that their son is up to no good again.

Speaking of Gordon's return, Miller continued: "Aaron hates him with a passion and blames him for everything that has gone wrong in his life. When Aaron has that hostility and hatred towards somebody, it's very hard for him to break it down.

"That's what is so interesting about playing Aaron - he's got so many different angles with which he can go at people. He loves Gordon because he brought him into the world, but there's also this undying passion of hatred towards him.

"It's great that Gordon has been brought back. I love characters who come in to show a different side or edge to Aaron, so it was great when they told me he was coming back. Gordon originally came into it when he brought Aaron into the village, but it was only a little part and he went back off to his wife.

"When I found out he was coming back, I was intrigued to find out why. It's very interesting and there are a lot of different tales to be told from it. It's nice to see that they're investing in Aaron and Chas and bringing Gordon back in for a reunion."

Former Peak Practice actor Gary Mavers is now playing the role of Gordon, who was previously portrayed by Gerard Fletcher for brief stints between 2003 and 2008.

Miller added: "I didn't see Gary until the first day on set when we were introduced to each other. We didn't have much chance to sit down and talk, but Gary said he'd watched some episodes and thought that Aaron would have taken some traits from Gordon, which was interesting.

"It's interesting that he's come in and thrown himself into it so early - the research is there. He's really good at playing those scenes - he's seen what Aaron's got and taken little bits from it. He's a stern not-bothered kind of character, but he might snap if he's pushed!"

Emmerdale airs the warehouse raid scenes on Wednesday, December 23 at 7pm on ITV.

Read more at:
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...stmas-robbery/

See Danny Miller's interview with Digital Spy about Robron being reunited soon at:

http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...479#post837479
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 08-12-2015 at 01:43.

Not spoilers..
    Super Mod

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Perdita (09-12-2015)

Emmerdale's Cain Dingle will be given a dreadful shock next month when he catches his nephew Aaron Livesy self-harming.

Aaron has a history of self-harm, but his issues will be revisited in the New Year as he struggles to cope with having his dad Gordon back in his life.

Upcoming scenes will see Chas start to struggle with mixed emotions for her ex, but she will be forced to put her own feelings to one side for the sake of her fragile son Aaron.

After Chas tells Aaron they can forget all about Gordon, it's clear that Aaron is still struggling and viewers later see that he is planning to self-harm once again when he exposes a fresh wound and eyes his pen knife.

​Danny Miller, who plays Aaron, said: "This whole self-harming thing is always interesting when it comes up and it is interesting for me to play and to learn more about that world.

"I didn't have any knowledge of that world - the research we did was always that he's not doing it to hurt himself, he's releasing pain and anger."

Aaron's problems intensify as his birthday arrives, and after struggling with all the attention, he later takes drastic action.

Believing he is alone, Aaron tries to burn himself on his birthday cake, but a horrified Cain catches him.

© ITV
    Cain catches Aaron self-harming

Aaron plays down the incident to Cain as he blames his recent stress on Gordon's reappearance, but can he convince his uncle not to say anything to Chas? ​

​Speaking about Cain's reaction to what he witnesses, Miller said: "Cain's his uncle and he knows it's happened before, so he's keen to quash it.

"He knows he's got previous history of doing it before, and Aaron is quick to end it as quickly as he can. He says, 'I was just messing about. I wasn't hurting myself. I'm fine. Don't worry', and Cain takes his word for it.

"That is when Aaron realises that he needs to do this in a more secret environment - you start to see him do it more when he is alone."

Although Aaron manages to ease Cain's concerns for now, Miller has admitted that there is a dark road ahead for his character.

He said: "It'll get quite bad for Aaron and it'll get to a situation where he'll put himself at risk, possibly making it worse.

"He is gutted about everything that's happened. Bad news and bad karma seems to follow him everywhere. You'll find out a lot more about who Aaron is as a person once Gordon comes in. ​"

Read more at:
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...-self-harming/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

binky321 (24-12-2015)

There are dark times ahead for long suffering Aaron Livesy as his previous difficulties with self harm rear their head again following recent traumatic events which saw a raid with Ross go badly wrong and the return of his dad Gordon.

His stint in prison wrongly accused of shooting ex lover Robert Sugden did nothing to help his state of mind, nor did mum Chas’ battle with PTSD which led to her stabbing Diane Sugden.

It’s only natural that things are starting to get on top of the lad – and when he discovers that Chas has been secretly meeting Gordon despite his wishes that his dad is not a part of their lives, he hits rock bottom and takes drastic action.

Chas is shocked when her angry son punches a door, leaving his knuckles cut and bruised. The outburst even shocks Aaron and he begins to realise that he needs a channel for his uncontrollable anger.

Alone in his room, he eyes a pen knife and re-opens a fresh wound – but how far will he go? And when Cain later discovers Aaron burning his own arm with lit candles, will he tell Chas that Aaron’s problems have resurfaced.

We caught up with Danny Miller, who plays tortured Aaron, to talk about his character’s fresh agony:

What does it mean for Aaron to see Chas and Gordon together? Especially for Aaron and Chas’s relationship?

Aaron’s very protective of his mum. So anyone who’s going to try and take her away from him – it’s almost a possessive thing. He wants her and not anybody else. Which can be quite selfish in a way, but I think it’s just the amount they’ve been through together and the history that they’ve both got – he just wants stability. And when Gordon comes into it, it just rocks everything and it will see Chas and Aaron find a little bit of animosity against each other because he’s back and the whole problem was Gordon.

He’s creating more problems, perhaps not intentionally, but certainly more problems for Aaron. His presence is enough.

Tell us about Cain walking in on Aaron self harming

Cain walks in on him burning himself on his birthday cake. This whole self harming thing is always interesting when it comes up – interesting for me to play and to learn more about that world. I didn’t have any knowledge of it – the research we did was always that he’s not doing it to hurt himself, he’s releasing pain and anger. It would be very easy for him to beat someone up and keep beating them up, but eventually he’s going to end up in prison and he knows that.

He’s not that kind of person anymore, so he takes the anger out on himself and when he cuts himself, it’s not like he’s doing it to hurt himself, he’s doing it to take the adrenaline out of his body and relax. It’s when things are really bad and he can’t deal with it. He wants to use his fists, but he doesn’t hit people, he hits things.

Even punching walls out of frustration is a form of self harm. I think it’s down to Gordon being back, everything that’s happened to Chas and the fact that he’s come out of prison to find what Chas has done to Diane – it’s all too much for him. The best way, he thinks, of dealing with it, is to do something that’s so familiar to him.

How does Cain react?

He knows it’s happened before so he’s keen to quash it. Aaron says: ‘I was just messing about. I wasn’t hurting myself. I’m fine. Don’t worry’. And Cain takes his word for it, because he respects Aaron in that headstrong way. He takes his word for it. And that’s when Aaron realises that he needs to do this in a more secret environment. And that’s when you start to see him do more on his own, when he’s alone, which is the time when people are going to self harm, because of embarrassment and confusion.

So it’s set to get worse?

Yes, I think it will. I know it will. It’ll get quite bad for him and it’ll get to a situation where he’ll put himself at risk. I know it’s quite daunting, people I meet in the street say that he’s got a dark past. He has, but I’ve got friends who are similar to Aaron in a way, in that they’ve got bad pasts and it follows them through their lives and they can’t forgive themselves.

And that’s what this is – he’s gutted about everything that’s happened. Bad news and bad karma seems to follow him everywhere. You’ll find out a lot more about who Aaron is as a person from Gordon’s arrival.

Has playing the role changed your perceptions about people who self harm and have you had feedback from those who do self harm?

Yes, a lot of people get in touch via Twitter. And we always tell them to go to ITV services. We’re playing it out, we shouldn’t be seen as agony aunts who are giving advice. It’s our opinion – we’re playing it how we think it should be played. But certainly, originally, when we did the research with the charity called Self Harm UK, there was a lady there who was the founder of it, she’s now married with two beautiful children.

She’s very much the positive way of how you can come out of things. I can completely understand and feel sorry for those who feel that it’s necessary – there was one particular girl who got in touch with me on Twitter – she actually got help through ITV Services, which was amazing of them to do. They gave her counselling. It shows that the show is giving some sort of a message to people and that they feel they need to get in touch with us. But we can only direct them in the way.

You must be really proud though to have even helped just that one girl?

Absolutely. And it’s the same with the gay self-loathing storyline all of those years ago when Aaron was coming out to Paddy – people to this day say that it helped put them on the path to coming out. I am very proud of it and it’s a testament to the show. To the storyliners and the writers – they don’t get the accolades, when they really should. They’re the ones who are doing the endless hours of research. We just come in and get told what to play, so as a show it’s great to see people taking advice on board.

As Chas remains oblivious to her son’s torment, she is soon considering taking things to the next level with Gordon. But when she realises what it is doing to Aaron to have his dad around, will she knock it on the head?

Or is she already in too deep?

Opinion Poll "Should Chas turn her back on Gordon?"

YES - For Aaron's sake 90%
    NO - Give him a chance 10%

Read more at:
    http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/23/emmerd...ordon-5552330/

No wonder Emmerdale ratings are in the toilet they keep on REPEATING the same old storylines with Aaron. How many times does Aaron have to self harm? Can Aaron smile? Can Aaron ever be happy? Or is ITV okay with the homophobic tragic gay male character BS. I understand soaps is television but I do not agree with the homophobic writing of the Aaron character. On Hollyoaks, the gays there got serious problems but none of them are as miserable as Aaron. Geesh that's boring. Well the good news is the new producer is from Hollyoaks who has experience working with gay male characters. This new producer needs to queer up Emmerdale ASAP! He needs to stop making Aaron a boring drip and give the character some life and some spunk. I wonder when the new storylines with the new producer will start?
    Last edited by Serena Williams; 28-12-2015 at 06:12.

Thread Information