Thread: Aaron Livesy Dingle

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Danny Miller appeared on Good Morning Britain today, Friday September 25th at 07:50

He was interviewed by Ben Shepherd and Kate Garraway.

Kate:
    There's drama in the Dales tonight. I know what you're thinking, there's always drama in the Dales but this is particularly dramatic tonight, isn't it, as Robert Sugden is shot.

Ben:
    Yes, there is a queue of suspects, they've all got plenty of motives, haven't they, the reason why they want Robert dead.

Kate:
    I know, but who actually did it? Was it Chrissie, Lawrence, Lachlan, Paddy, Andy or was it Aaron? We're speaking to Danny Miller who plays Aaron in just a moment. He's looking a little bit sheepish, I must say...

Ben:
    And guilty, to be honest.

Kate:
    Very guilty, very guilty. Uh, but first let's have look at the lead up to the shooting.

(Shows video excerpt from tonight's Emmerdale)

[
    (Robert is talking to Chas and Andy whilst Andy is there.)

Robert:
    We don't know what he's going on about, he's having some kind of episode.

Andy: (to Aaron)
    Look, I know you lied to me, I don't care why, I'm not out to get you. I just need you to back me up.

Aaron:
    I've.. I've told you everything already.

Andy:
    Well he confessed to me. He's trying to make out that I dreamt it up. You know I didn't, tell them what really happened.

Aaron:
    She, er.. she rang me about a car.
    ]

Kate:
    Uh oh, oh my goodness me. We're talking about Danny Miller who of course, plays Aaron in Emmerdale. Good to see you this morning. So tonight is the night when we see the build-up, the actual buildup and the shooting.

Danny:
    Yeah I think it's the climax of quite a few characters' storylines, so erm, yeah, it's dramatic, it's good, it's very good, I have to say.

Ben:
    Have you had a chance to watch it yet?

Danny:
    Just bits of it, yeah. Obviously we know what's coming up and what's been caught and what's not, and so we know, but yeah I've seen some of it. It's good, very good.

Kate:.
    And you're actually there aren't you? When he's shot.

Danny:
    Yeah, I've got to be dead careful, you see the press office are look like that (points to distance with right hand part resembling gun?).

Ben:
    The snipers are on you as well.

Danny:
    Yeah, they are. Yeah, I mean he is there, he is, you'll see tonight, so it's not like, you know, I'm revealing anything I shouldn't. He's.. he's the first on the scene to speak, so naturally he's.. he's in there with the suspects.

Kate:
    That must put you in the frame?

Danny:
    Yeah. Well I mean it does anyway. I think that Robert has upset so many people in the village that it could be anybody as it is anyway. Erm, but, I think, moreso Aaron than anybody else, I think, because that's kind of, you know, he's been his love interest and his little dirty secret, if you like, erm, so, erm, I think he's got more reason than anybody.

Ben:
    Yeah. When they do these fantastic sort of whodunnits in the soaps, um, often we hear that no-one actually knows till the last minute, and often there's dummy scripts put out as well. Was it similar for you guys on this one, did they lead a few of you down the garden path to make you think that maybe you'd done it when maybe you hadn't.

Danny:
    No, I think people do it differently. I think, they are, you know, if you wanna do it that way, it's fine, if you wanna tell people, it's fine. I think, either way it works, erm. I think, erm, we know as a cast because it was never supposed to be as long as some of the others have gone on...

Ben:
    Right.

Danny:
    Erm, but we knew so we could kind of come and play it as we wanted to play it, which I think is easier, because then, you know you know, you're not constantly worrying if it's you, if it's me, if it's... you know. I think, you know and you just play it the way the script says then.

Kate:
    Wow. And the producers have hinted that, I mean, obviously everybody loves the build-up after the drama issues, how they're so brilliant the scriptwriters on Emmerdale, aren't they, and then so did they make it so tense not knowing who is going to do it, but they've revealed or they've hinted that the big reveal at the end is going to be different to how it's ever been before.

Danny:
    Yeah, it is, it hasn't been done before as far as I can remember, I mean, well they've said it hasn't been done before.

Ben:
    It hasn't been done before. Something we're going to see, the reveal is going to be soap history?

Danny:
    Yeah, again I've got to be dead careful, I say, erm.

Kate:
    We're trying to think exactly what that could mean.

Danny:
    It's something that hasn't been done in soaps, as far as I'm concerned, and it's something that's completely different. I think it's a really clever way of telling it. Erm ,you have to be careful with these whodunnits because there's been so many of them you've got to make your own little mark on it, I think, this particular episode of the reveal will..

Ben:
    But it can't be live, because we've done live episodes before, it can't be, it can't sort of like a second guessing it, because.

Kate:
    Are you all in fancy dress, and you whip off your costumes to reveal...whodunnit, is that what it is?

Danny:
    Yeah, it's a hilarious episode..

Ben:
    It sounds really exciting. Talking of fancy dress, I know that you're, you helped set up Once Upon A Smile, the charity, and I was watching this fabulous copy of 'Road to Amarillo' that you did on set. here's a little clip, I mean it's a brilliant and a lovely idea with Woolpack and walking up the street. I mean, how did you decide to do this and how did it come about?

Danny:
    Well, my Dad, that's my Dad there on the right, Tony Christie on the left, and the two of them are very good friends, and Once Upon A Smile is a child bereavement charity, so it's something that Tony wanted to get involved with, and we just said, look right, instead of coming up with our own idea why don't we just, you know, it's been about fifteen years or so since they've done it. Why don't we do our own renditioning, and Tony was more than happy to help.

(Etc, then shows video of 'Road to Amarillo')

Kate:
    We cannot wait for tonight, we cannot see how it all pans out. But look we are going to have to wind this up here.

(Reveals the new Sam Smith song for the new Bond Spectre film)

Ben:
    Danny, thank you so much for coming in.

Danny:
    Thanks for having me. Thanks very much.

Ben:
    And best of luck with it tonight and the reveal and everything and thanks very much.
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 25-09-2015 at 12:48.

Thread Information