Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Neighbours' Declan Napier to be recast

Quote Originally Posted by *-Rooney-* View Post
    I think it only works to recast a character if the character is just a child and then changed with a teen i.e Lucy Robinson. but at this stage in the characters role it would be better for him to leave with india
    I agree and Declan is such a major character

yeahh it will be sad without him but james as declan suited bridget and people might find it easier to except him with kate if it is someone new playing declan
    i will miss him

Quote Originally Posted by HARRI3T View Post
    yeahh it will be sad without him but james as declan suited bridget and people might find it easier to except him with kate if it is someone new playing declan
    i will miss him
    actually thats a good way to look at it, it might work
    Maisie Mouse

I cant believe they are doing this!

I don't like the idea. Works better with children when they've grown up, as was said earlier.

did e died?

Quote Originally Posted by samandkai View Post
    did e died?
    No, the actor playing him wanted to leave so they had to recast

I agree only work with children or when the character has been gone for years and then comes back as someone else....like another actor

Neighbours star James Sorensen has revealed that the forthcoming transformation of his character Declan Napier will take place without any fuss.

Last month, it was announced that Erin Mullally is to take over the role of the Ramsay Street favourite because Sorensen is leaving the programme.

Speaking to Holy Soap about how the recast will work, Sorensen explained: "[It'll be] nothing over the top. I'm Declan one day and the next day it's Erin. Pretty simple.

"That's how it works, I can't continue, so Erin comes in and picks up the baton. I think it's easier for the viewers to accept when it's a simple change-over."

The actor added that he is still backing the decision to recast Declan and hopes that viewers will grow to accept Mullally's interpretation of the character.

He said: "Erin will come in and play his version of Declan, he can't play it exactly as I do and I and the producers would never expect him to do it any other way. All I can say to the Declan supporters is that Erin will be terrific, give him a go, you'll be surprised."

Sorensen decided to quit Neighbours because he wants to pursue a career away from television.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-02-2010)

Neighbours actor Sam Clark has spoken out in support of his new co-star Erin Mullally.

Mullally was recruited to take over the role of young father Declan Napier earlier this year following James Sorensen's decision to quit the part.

Speaking to Holy Soap about the recast, Clark commented: "[Erin's] doing a great job. He has to work with babies and start up a relationship that has already been going on for a while that James set up.

"He's got a massive ask on him, as well as winning over the fans of Declan, so it's a really strange one. But hopefully everyone can understand why it's happened and accept Erin as the new Declan."

Clark, who plays Ramsay Street's Ringo Brown, also confirmed that viewers can expect the new Declan to be "different in a lot of ways".

Sorensen left Neighbours in order to pursue a career in the army.

Thread Information