Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shadrach in semi-retirement from Emmerdale

i read that marlon runs somebody over, i think it's shadrach

Very sad. Shadrach provides for some great comedy.
    However this would be a realistic storyline. Drinking the way Shadders do, eventually, leads to death. If done right this storyline could be great.

Is he still living with Chas and Carl now?

Sharon Marshall confirmed it today on This Morning, he will be run over

Marlon and Rhona run him over but he survives and moves in with Marlon

EMMERDALE actor Andy Devine is devastated after discovering his character is to be killed off.

The 67-year-old, who has played crusty drunk Shadrach Dingle for 12 years, asked to go into semi-retirement as he struggled to cope with the punishing filming schedule.

He was told he would be allowed to “dip in and out” of the Yorkshire-based soap and be brought back for big storylines involving the Dingles.

But in a cruel U-turn, they have decided to kill him off on Shadrach’s birthday. The exact circumstances of his death are being kept a secret. But a pal of the actor says he is gutted that the door has been shut.

He said: “Andy thought he would be able to come back every now and then, so to find out that Shadrach will leave Emmerdale in a body bag was a big disappointment.”

An Emmerdale spokeswoman said: “Shadrach will be leaving the village on his birthday but how he goes remains to be seen. However it’s not one to be missed.”

Daily Star

Dying on his birthday
    Last edited by Perdita; 25-06-2010 at 12:13.

This is practically the same post as post 5 AND post 8

Awww, preparing for Shadrach's exit by telling him he has to stop drinking ((

Shadrach Dingle's final Emmerdale episode airs tonight as actor Andy Devine's long stint in the role comes to a close.

News of Shadrach's departure first leaked in June, but there's never been any official word on exactly how he will leave the ITV1 soap.

Earlier this month, fans saw Shadrach receive a warning that drinking had left his body in a critical state and that continuing down the same path would kill him. Since then, Shadrach's nephew Marlon has made repeated attempts to convince him to ditch alcohol for good.

Show bosses are still keen to keep firm details of Shadrach's exit under wraps, but they've now released dramatic pictures showing the boozy grandfather looking seriously unwell as he takes a walk while clutching some cans.

Are these Shadrach's final moments in Emmerdale?

Speaking of his decision to leave the role of Shadrach, Devine explained: "It's been ten years and I've really enjoyed it. I love Shadrach, but I've always been a traveller and I'd like to be a jobbing actor again.

"I'm not ready to retire yet, but it'd be nice to have some time off. I am looking forward to late mornings and sailing in the afternoon."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

lizann (23-07-2010)

Now for Cain , is hardman act is well past its sell by date and as for his "mrs" she adds little to the show..
    Last edited by walsh2509; 24-07-2010 at 20:21.

Thread Information