Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shadrach in semi-retirement from Emmerdale

Could not agree more with you, walsh, did not like Cain much before, getting bored with the criminal life style, Charity used to use her body and mind to survive, no need for that now, all quite disappointing after looking forward so much for their return

Shadrachs Funeral

Andy Devine has compared exiting Emmerdale to leaving prison.

The 68-year-old actor bowed out of the ITV soap last month as his character Shadrach Dingle passed away.

"I suppose it’s a bit like coming out of prison, it takes a couple of weeks for the bubble to burst, he told the Manchester Evening News. "Even if you kill your wife, you only get ten years' parole."

He continued: "I thought if I'm not careful I’m going to be like the others who die on the show. I haven't been silly with my money. I've been thrifty, I suppose I thought I'll put this away for old age, then I realised hang on, this is my old age!"

Devine admitted that although he was pleased with his exit storyline, he did not enjoy filming his death scene.

"I had to go in the river, it was minging of rat pee, and they wanted me to go under for ten seconds. But then they wanted to do it again, so they dried me off just to throw me back in again," he revealed.

"But I did like my ending, because it was underplayed. Usually they just blow you up or something."

He confessed that he was happy with the decision to kill off the character, telling the paper: "I'm glad I was killed off, because otherwise I might have one of those days where I’d call my agent saying 'get me back on it'. Now, it’s very much curtain down on that."

Devine will appear in panto alongside former Corrie star Tina O'Brien later this year.
    So much for him being devastated at getting the boot

https://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/...layed-27102595

Andy Devine, who played the much-loved character, Shadrach Dingle on popular British soap, Emmerdale, has died aged 79.

Whilst the news has only just emerged, the veteran actor actually died on January 27, public records show.

There has been no official announcement of his death, or a cause of death.

ITV has yet to officially comment on Andy's death.

Tributes to the much-loved actor have poured in on social media.

One Twitter user wrote: ?Sad to read the news Andy Devine has died. Back in January it seems. Best known as #Emmerdale?s Shadrach Dingle, he played Betty?s wedding photographer in a 1995 episode of Coronation Street, returning in 2000 as a radio DJ.?

Another wrote: ?Just heard the sad news that Andy Devine who played Shadrach Dingle in #Emmerdale and Bernard in Queer as Folk passed away in January. Brilliant comic characters that he played so well.?

RIP

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (31-05-2022), lizann (12-06-2022), Ruffed_lemur (09-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    https://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/...layed-27102595

Andy Devine, who played the much-loved character, Shadrach Dingle on popular British soap, Emmerdale, has died aged 79.

Whilst the news has only just emerged, the veteran actor actually died on January 27, public records show.

There has been no official announcement of his death, or a cause of death.

ITV has yet to officially comment on Andy's death.

Tributes to the much-loved actor have poured in on social media.

One Twitter user wrote: ?Sad to read the news Andy Devine has died. Back in January it seems. Best known as #Emmerdale?s Shadrach Dingle, he played Betty?s wedding photographer in a 1995 episode of Coronation Street, returning in 2000 as a radio DJ.?

Another wrote: ?Just heard the sad news that Andy Devine who played Shadrach Dingle in #Emmerdale and Bernard in Queer as Folk passed away in January. Brilliant comic characters that he played so well.?

RIP
    He was a good character in Emmerdale....RIP

R I P Andy Devine

nice touch of the dingles remembering him on best family soap awards win

R.I.P. andy

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (13-06-2022), Perdita (12-06-2022)

Thread Information