Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '24' Season 9

Thumbs up '24' Season 9

The executive producer of 24 has teased that the show may go on for a ninth season.

Speaking at the Fox press tour, Howard Gordon said that the uncertainty surrounding the programme's future will not affect the way season eight ends.

"The way I've looked at it is that every single season [finale] could have been a series ender," he said.

"We just want to take it across the line credibly and then let the [other part] take care of itself. As long as Jack's not dead, anything is possible."

Star Kiefer Sutherland added that he is "absolutely open" to being involving in a ninth season.

"I've always said that as long as people wanted us to make it, and people were really interested in watching it, I would be interested. There are a lot of components involved. Right now my focus is on finishing season eight," he said.

24 returns for its eighth season Sunday, January 17 on Fox in the US and Sunday, January 24 on Sky1 in the UK.

Yep I think Jack will be back next year. Not sure about anyother cast members.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

As long as Jack's not dead, anything is possible
    So I guess he doesn't die in season 8 then.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Jack is cat with 9 lives

Anynews on the movie 24? Is it still happening?

I think the movie is still being discussed, Kiefer wants in to be in Europe.

I didn't like the earlier seasons of 24 but season 7 was awesome and 8 is off to a good start

Are you mad season 1, 2 & 3 were some of the best of 24. Finding out Jack's bit of stuff Nina murdered his wife in day 1 and watching him assisnate his boss in cold blood in day 3. Quality drama.

Maybe I will have to see seasons 2&3

I thought season 1 was good but not brilliant

A spokesperson for NBC has refused to rule out the network picking up 24.

Recently, Fox declared that it had not made a decision about a renewal for the Kiefer Sutherland-fronted series, admitting "it's a very tough call".

Asked by The Hollywood Reporter if NBC would be interested in poaching the real-time drama, network president Angela Bromstad revealed that it was "unlikely" due to how expensive the series is.

"I think it would be expensive for us. It's been floated. It's all going to come down to how strong our development is," she said.

However, she added: "I wouldn't rule it out. I wouldn't think it's likely, but I wouldn't rule it out."

They're playing mind games with 24 fans. Of course they know if day 9 will happen. Day 8 filming ends in April/May then they have a three months break before filming a new day begins. If recurring characters such as Chloe and President Taylor are to return they need to know so contracts can be negotiated. It has also been written in one of the 24 mags that the writers start writing the plots and scripts a year in advance so they will know if day 9 is going to happen.

Thread Information