Thread: 'Neighbours' actor glad plot was axed

'Neighbours' actor glad plot was axed

Neighbours star Ryan Moloney has claimed that plans for his character to adopt a child illegally were "ridiculous".

In 2008, viewers saw fan favourite Toadfish Rebecchi falsely claiming that he had lived in Indonesia for 12 months as he tried to adopt an East Timorese orphan.

However, producers eventually put a halt to the storyline at the last minute and Toadie went on to welcome mischievous Callum Jones (Morgan Baker) into his life instead.

Moloney told TV Week: "At first, they wanted to have Toadie adopt a kid from East Timor illegally, which I thought was just ridiculous. And it was just to spite Steph! I was like, 'What are we doing?'

"Then we never mentioned it again, which I think is worse. We just don't talk about that now, but having Callum there is really cool."

Praising the lawyer's relationship with Callum, he added: "I like that quite often Toadie doesn't know how to be a parent. He gets angry and frustrated. Then Callum gets angry and frustrated back at him - it's great!"

DS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-01-2010)

it does all sound rather ridiculous, is there a Madonna fan on the Neighbours writing team? plus we got Callum instead, much better all round.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

I agree, he would have lost all credibility as a solicitor if he had adopted illegally and I like Callum and Toadie together, I think they make a great team.

Callum is great! they are so good together

callum and toadie are great together, they make me laugh soooo much sometimes

Thread Information