Thread: Holby City - Current Episode Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by xcarlyx View Post
    poor penny
    Did not even see her at the station, just a reference to her

:/ they should have at least shown her leaving

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Did not even see her at the station, just a reference to her

but didn't they show her in the morgue for Ollie to indentify,, Michael was so upset he couldn't be in the same room with them..the emotion was so raw

Quote Originally Posted by xcarlyx View Post
    :/ they should have at least shown her leaving

she was dead carly so I do not think they would have shown her leaving,, she was on a slab in the morgue
    Last edited by JustJodi; 04-06-2011 at 22:48.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi View Post
    she was dead carly so I do not think they would have shown her leaving,, she was on a slab in the morgue
    erm i really dont know what to reply to that really.

I think (i dont know why and im probably masivley wrong) that Hanssen and Sahira are married! x
    xx Gem xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gem288 For This Useful Post:

JustJodi (07-06-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Gem288 View Post
    I think (i dont know why and im probably masivley wrong) that Hanssen and Sahira are married! x

Thats a good guess Gem,,I sort of figured they had a hot and heavy affair while she was being mentored by him ??? but married??? who knows ??? good guess,,, lets wait n see :-D

The BBC has defended broadcasting a kiss between two male Holby City characters.

Complaints were received from "some viewers" who thought that the scene in the BBC One hospital drama between Dan Hamilton (Adam Astill) and Antoine Malick (Jimmy Akingbola) was "inappropriate".

The storyline saw tension between Dan and Malick result in a physical fight, which led to the surgeon kissing his openly gay colleague.

Responding to the complaints, the BBC stated: "Holby City aims to reflect real life in the setting of a medical drama and this means telling stories about characters from many different backgrounds, faiths, religions and sexualities.

"We approach our portrayal of same-sex relationships in the same way as we do heterosexual relationships and aim to ensure depictions of affection or sexuality between couples are suitable for pre-watershed viewing."

On the plot, it continued: "Regular viewers will have seen the subtle build-up to this story as Malick's sexuality wrong-footed Dan and the love/hate relationship they have endured since Dan realised Malick is gay.

"This is a story we will continue to tell with sensitivity and integrity as we follow a character who struggles to come to terms with his sexuality."

The BBC offered similar defence recently when responding to complaints about a bedroom scene between EastEnders gay couple Christian and Syed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

StarsOfCCTV (18-06-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Complaints were received from "some viewers" who thought that the scene in the BBC One hospital drama between Dan Hamilton (Adam Astill) and Antoine Malick (Jimmy Akingbola) was "inappropriate".

Personally, really liking the storyline and looking forward to seeing how it pans out! (Shocked when it aired though, because wasn't expecting the kiss - brill twist though. )
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 18-06-2011 at 22:19.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to StarsOfCCTV For This Useful Post:

JustJodi (01-02-2012)

So, have I got this right, Hanssen has given Sahira's husband a job at Holby City so that Sahira stays at Holby City, and Hanssen has also given Sahira some Leave? Greg's not gonna be happy if he has to work with Sahira's husband!! But I thought that the actress who plays Sahira is leaving the programme??
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Thread Information