Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: The X Factor 2010

Nobody is havinga go at Katie because they think she is fake. The public are angry because her singing perfomances have been week. She has messed up a number of times with forgetting words to songs yet she is still in the competiton and it's unfair to other acts in the compettion. Everyone is entitled to have one wobbly week. They can be perfect each week. Aiden, Paije and Matt have all had songs that didn't suit them but they bounced back. Mary and Cher suffered on Saturday as well but Mary will be back to her best this week because she knows she has to. The only way Katie can keep her place in the competiton is to put in a faultless performance, no gimmicks or dramas. Just stand there sing and remember the words to the flaming song she is singing. If she ends up in the sing off she goes. Simple as that

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (10-11-2010), tammyy2j (10-11-2010)

Matt, Rebecca remain bookies' favourites

Matt Cardle and Rebecca Ferguson are the clear bookies' favourites for this year's X Factor.

The ex-painter and decorator and the Liverpudlian mum were singled out for praise last weekend by Simon Cowell, who claimed that both acts had the potential to become great recording artists.

Cardle is the 11/8 frontrunner with Paddy Power, while Ferguson's odds have been cut to 2/1. The pair's closest rivals are Cowell's boyband One Direction, who can be backed at 4/1.

Cher Lloyd is 10/1 and Aiden Grimshaw is still thought to be in with a chance at 16/1.

Odds on the other contestants have drifted with Mary Byrne and Wagner Carrilho both at 33/1. Paije Richardson (66/1) and Katie Waissel (125/1) are the longshot outsiders.

Well, IMO the only good thing to come out of this whole sorry mess is that everybody now knows X Factor is fixed. This is why I've never wasted any of my money voting. The only time I've voted was for Will Young when he was in Pop Idol.
    The winner of this year's X Factor has already been decided. I hope X Factor doesn't recover from this. I was gullible to believe Simon Cowell and his lies. Now I am glad I know the truth. I feel very sorry for the contestants of this year's X Factor.
    I hope Strictly Come Dancing wins the ratings war Dermot spoke the truth. He might lose his job? But if he does, at least he'll be the only one able to hold his head up high, as well as Ms Minogue.
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to megan999 For This Useful Post:

lizann (11-11-2010), Siobhan (10-11-2010), tammyy2j (11-11-2010)

Is it just me or does Katie have nine lives, she's been having second chances since the first audition
    Attached Images Attached Images

X Factor producers are reportedly planning to introduce a fifth member onto the judging panel.

The move comes after Simon Cowell invited 20 fans to a brainstorming session in London to discuss how the show could be improved, reports The Sun.

The idea to incorporate a fifth judge is said to have been endorsed by the fans at the secret meeting, which was held at the headquarters of businessman Sir Philip Green.

A source said: "The idea is 90% a done deal. Simon is still figuring out exactly how it will work."

The proposal is apparently designed to make contestant eliminations more clear-cut in the wake of Treyc Cohen's controversial exit from the ITV singing contest last weekend.

"On one level it could mean that if one of the judges opted out of voting it could still go to deadlock if the others were split two-two," the source added. "But the danger is if they all had voting rights and chose to vote it would never go to deadlock."

According to the insider, one possible idea is that the artist who is due to perform on the Sunday night show could act as a guest judge on the Saturday night.

"Simon has always thought a guest judge on live shows would bring some extra drama to proceedings," they added. "And he hopes they will shoot from the hip and put a rocket under the rest of the judges, who often bite their tongues."

The X Factor judging panel is currently made up of Cheryl Cole, Dannii Minogue, Louis Walsh and Cowell. It is not yet clear when the rumoured change might come into effect.

A new 'psychic octopus' has tipped Dannii Minogue to be the mentor of this year's winning X Factor act.

According to shopping comparison website Kelkoo, Ollie the Octopus has predicted that someone from Minogue's Boys category will be victorious.

Ollie was reportedly born at the Sea Life Centre in Weymouth in the same tank as his renowned cousin Paul, who passed away last month.

Kelkoo marketing manager Joe Cross said: "Working with Ollie the octopus was a bundle of fun and given his psychic lineage, we couldn’t think of a better way to predict the UK Christmas best-sellers this year.

"From the X Factor, to Hollywood, to Silicon Valley, Ollie’s discerning tentacles know no bounds and his mystic insight into which products are set to sink or swim this Christmas are certainly set to add spice to the sales race over the festive period."

Ollie predicted this year's winning X Factor mentor by choosing a piece of mackerel from a box featuring a photograph of Minogue, rather than those for her rivals Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and Cheryl Cole.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (11-11-2010), StarsOfCCTV (11-11-2010), tammyy2j (11-11-2010)

Matt is the most talented so I do hope he wins

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (11-11-2010), Siobhan (11-11-2010)

There is a double elimination this week so high hopes Katie Weasel goes out

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (11-11-2010), tammyy2j (11-11-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by megan999 View Post
    Well, IMO the only good thing to come out of this whole sorry mess is that everybody now knows X Factor is fixed. This is why I've never wasted any of my money voting. The only time I've voted was for Will Young when he was in Pop Idol.
    The winner of this year's X Factor has already been decided. I hope X Factor doesn't recover from this. I was gullible to believe Simon Cowell and his lies. Now I am glad I know the truth. I feel very sorry for the contestants of this year's X Factor.
    I hope Strictly Come Dancing wins the ratings war Dermot spoke the truth. He might lose his job? But if he does, at least he'll be the only one able to hold his head up high, as well as Ms Minogue.
    Megan the last year I voted was the year Shayne Ward won, when I voted for Journey south. This year I have voted every week for Matt, Rebecca and Mary and I will vote for them this week if they put in a worthy performance. I have lost all respect for Mr Cowell this year. It's his show he should have made Cheryl vote as part of the contract or put it to deadlock. This idea of having a fifth judge is a waste of time as Mr Cowell and Ms Cole would get a way round in their favour.

Simon Cowell is reported to be "absolutely furious" about allegations that 'The X Factor' is fixed.

The Daily Mail reports that more than 1,200 fans have already complained to ITV and UK regulator Ofcom following Sunday's elimination and Cheryl Cole's refusal to vote on the ITV show.

The Daily Mail quotes "a source close to Cowell" as saying: "Simon is absolutely furious. He denies - 100 per cent - that 'The X Factor' is fixed. The fact that some viewers believe this has left him seething.

"He's not particularly happy with Dermot [O'Leary, host, who said the possibility that Cole might not vote was discussed in advance] but to be honest, he thinks the entire thing has been blown out of proportion. He would never want to defraud 'X Factor' fans."

Thread Information