Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: The X Factor 2010

Matt really was unstoppable a worthy winner well done to him - The show is fixed for some contestants

Congratulations to Matt! A worthy winner. And well done to Dannii too Although I wanted One Direction to come second.
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Yipee (jumps up and down) He done it gang. We knew he would. Fantastic performance, totally delighted he won. Love Aiden's reaction. Any other year I would have voted for Rebecca she was fabulous tonight she will be a big star. On ITV2 they anounced the votes in the poll from this series and apart from week one Matt was second in the poll every other week he finished top. Well done Matt your brilliant.
    Yes i was very surprised with how the voting went but delighted all the same, a well deserved winner in Matt only person to get a standing ovation from all 4 judges in the early part of the live shows also agree with what Siobhan said about this being probaly the first time that anyone has been in first place in the voting every week except week 1. he has an absolutley amazing voice loved all his performances, impossible to choose just one
    Last edited by pipette; 13-12-2010 at 20:13.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pipette For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (14-12-2010)

Im so happy matt won although I did also want rebecca to win, I wanted matt to win for ages and then I kept changing mind, I voted for both in the end!

I voted for Matt, Rebecca and Mary in previous weeks, but this weekend I only voted for Matt.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Matt Cardle storming to Xmas No.1

X Factor winner Matt Cardle is on course to score this year's Christmas Number One, according to official chart data.

Cardle's winner's single 'When We Collide' has sold over 112,000 copies since its release on Sunday night following his victory.

The 27-year-old is currently selling more than double that of Rihanna, who jumps two places to number two with 'What's My Name'. 'Surfin' Bird' by The Trashmen sits in third place having sold 25,000 copies. A campaign backed by DJ Scott Mills aimed to see the track beat the X Factor winner to the festive summit.

The Official Charts Company confirmed that Biffy Clyro's original version of Cardle's track, 'Many of Horror (When We Collide)' had entered the top ten with sales of 15,000.

Meanwhile, Cage Against The Machine have failed to repeat the success of Rage Against The Machine, who pipped Joe McElderry to number one last year. '4'33' has sold 6,000 to enter at number 19.

The final chart will be revealed on Sunday.

Come on my son. You can do it.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

whooo yay

I think he will do it, apart from the very first live show he won all the live votes

Complaints to Ofcom about the raunchy performances of Rihanna and Christina Aguilera on Saturday's X Factor final have reached the 1,000 mark.

Both performances featured the scantily-clad artists and female dancers gyrating on stage.

ITV has also received around the same number of complaints.

"We are confident that the performances given by our guest artistes on Saturday were appropriate for the show," an ITV1 spokeswoman said.

The first part of the X Factor final was aired at 1900 GMT on Saturday.

An Ofcom spokesman said: "We are assessing the complaints but are not currently investigating the show."

'Phenomenal achievement'

It is not the highest number of complaints the media watchdog has received about the entertainment show.

In 2009, the talent search attracted 4,000 complaints relating to remarks made by Dannii Minogue about contestant Danyl Johnson.

Minogue made a reference to Johnson's sexuality but was found not to be in breach of broadcasting rules by Ofcom.

Matt Cardle was mentored by Dannii Minogue In 2007, more than 1,500 viewers complained to Ofcom that they were unable to vote by phone for contestant Rhydian Roberts in that year's X Factor final.

More than 17.2 million viewers saw former painter and decorator Matt Cardle win this year's competition on Sunday night's show.

"An audience of almost 20 million is a phenomenal achievement for any channel in the modern digital age," said Peter Fincham, ITV's director of television.

Cardle's debut single - a cover of Biffy Clyro's Many of Horror, to be released as When We Collide - will now be a strong contender for Christmas number one.

According to figures released by ITV, 15.4 million votes were cast during the 10-week series.

Cardle scored the most votes every week, apart from the first week when supermarket worker Mary Byrne came top.

BBC News

What!!! they were stunning performances

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    What!!! they were stunning performances
    Rhianna was stunning but I thought Christine was a bit OTT for a family show (and I didn't like the song either)
    Super Mod

Thread Information