Page 66 of 404 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post

I've spent the day packing and feeling nervous about tomorrow. I've had a dodgy stomach all day. Is it normal to feel nervous about going on holiday? I'm quite scared!
    Yes, it is quite normal, all excitement and not knowing what is at the other end

Had family and friends round Saturday for a bbq had bouncy castel everyone had a really good day......
    My neice came to stay the night friday she still here think i better take her home today but she dont want to go home yet bless her.......

I'm an idiot. I came back to Stoke for a flying visit so I could see The One That Got Away one last time at our leaving do (even though he's now living half an hour away from my home address). He was there. I ignored him for the first hour or so. It was only after 3/4 bottle of red wine (yes, I know...) that he came up to talk to me. We didn't talk about what happened a few months ago. He's now running a pub so he said I should visit him sometime. I said I can't get there easily (which is true) so he said he'd come pick me up. At that time food arrived. He sat at a different table. Shortly afterwards, he said his goodbyes. I asked him if he was going my way, he said yes so I asked him if I could jump in. He said that was fine. Ten minutes later he said he only has one spare seat and he's picking his mate up from Derby. It was the first time he's called me by my full name.

I thought I was over him and I could deal with seeing him. He's lost weight, he's had a hair cut, he looks better than ever. And I've gone and fallen for him again. I know that we can never be together, for various reasons, but that doesn't stop me feeling this way. I just can't help myself.

However my leaving speech was rubbish, I forgot everyone's name, I was (admittedly) drunk and probably slurred my words.

I think I've sobered up enough now. I'm peckish. Moved into my house yesterday. I didn't sleep well at all, due in part to a single pillow and also being in a strange house. I went shopping today and bought six pillows so hopefully with all this alcohol and pillows I should sleep better tonight. I have an early start tomorrow, getting the 9am train home (cheapest time of the day to travel) because its my nephew's baptism on Sunday. I'm going to be godmother.

As I'm the first to move in, I raided the house for the best furniture I can't wait to move in fully in a few weeks. I'm thinking about giving a set of drawers to my housemate so I can have a comfy chair or bean bags in one corner. My wardrobes are huge, I can't even open the top cupboards because they're so high.

Oh and I've discovered a new computer room in the library with widescreen TFT monitors and the fastest systems on the network I've been here two years and only just found this room! I love discovering secret places.
    Thanks CrazyLea

You can't help who you fall in love with, even when you know you shouldn't

I'm glad you like your new house

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Abigail (31-07-2010)

Last night was a lot easier. It began to feel more like my home and I didn't want to leave this morning! After having the run of a whole house to myself, coming back to my parents' is difficult, especially as they still haven't given me a door key. We've lived here ten years, my sister has a door key (she has her own house), I have a key for my sister's house (which she gave me before she even moved in) yet my parents don't see the need for me to have a key. Its the principle of it that annoys me more than the practicalities. One of my main bugbears about living with my parents.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Abigail I'm sending you a big hug cause men are just toads especially the good looking ones. Hope you have a happier time in your new house.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Abigail (01-08-2010)

I hate auditors.. hate them hate them hate them (apology to anyone who is an auditor but you are making my job hell).. they are due in 2 weeks and I have a mountain of things to check, double check, make sure they have really been checked before they come.. I am so tired!!
    Super Mod

Aww, sorry to hear you're so busy at the moment, Siobhan. I'd noticed that you've been quiet on here recently.

Took Marley to my nephews shop today. He had a couple of bookings and had arranged for a make-up artist to come from Motherwell to do the clients hair and make-up. Anyway one of the clients cancelled while the girl was travelling through so my nephew called me to see if Marley wanted a photo shoot done. Mas trip to New Look for clothes we didn't get home until almost 8 o'clock then heard on te news about the gas expolosion in Edinburgh. That is about a mile and a half from were I live. Marley's primary school is just along the road and round the corner is Asda were I do my shopping.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Bit of a problem here at work... There is a guy who comes over and asks questions looking for help , which I don't mind as we all need help occasionally.. but this guy then sends out email to the "higher up" people claiming that all the stuff I have suggested to him was his idea. This has happen on many occasions now and not just with me.. The main thing here is that we can't complain as we have no proof that we gave him the ideas.. (he only ever asks in person not via mail which we can trace) and because he has come up with these great idea, he is the golden boy!
    How do I stop this? He is very sneaky as if I don't tell him, he complains that I am not helping the team and of course "higher up" people blame me... I am so annoyed with him on this particular occasion as I have volunteered my help to his team to get them up to speed.. it is not my job to do this and I am so busy with my own work but I made the time.. Just got a mail now with him taken all the credit.. What can I do?
    Super Mod

Thread Information