Page 160 of 404 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Argh! Cracked a rib!! The pain is ridiculas. This is the second time in under a year. The hospital said its the same rib thats re cracked. I could do without this. Im a rubbish patient. Got a massove band comp coming up in March as well.

Am not impressed at all!!

How did you manage that??
    Super Mod

I fell down the stairs yesterday, and bashed my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Ouch!! not good
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Ouch!! not good
    Super Mod

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Katy (22-02-2013)

Yep, it wasn't my finest move!! Have cocodamol to take, and I'm not to play for a week or so to let them heal. Havent got round to informing my conductor of that though!!

Hope you get better real soon, Katy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Katy (22-02-2013)

I had such a good day yesterday that I thought I had to share it!

Firstly, it was my grandson Harry's 6th birthday, so we went and helped him celebrate at a small party for family only (his choice). It was wonderful seeing him so happy opening and playing with his new presents and blowing out the candles on his birthday cake etc. etc.

When we got back from that I went down to my theatre (the West Cliff, Clacton-on-Sea - I am chairman of the board of trustees that runs the theatre for those who don't know) where I met Fairport Convention as they arrived to set up and do their sound test. I first saw Fairport back in September 1968 and they instantly became my favourite band (I was very into folk music) and have remained so to this day, so to actually have them at the West Cliff and to get to meet them after being a fan for 45 years...well, you can imagine how I felt!

I then settled down to watch the show with Linda (my wife), also a big fan. It was fantastic, lived up to all my expectations. But even better, during the performance they actually dedicated one of their songs to me as one of their longest standing fans and, unbeknown to me, they had signed a poster for me which they gave me after the show. What an evening!

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Abigail (03-03-2013), alan45 (03-03-2013), Dazzle (03-03-2013), Perdita (03-03-2013), Trinity (04-03-2013)

.............................You don't want to read all that twice!
    Last edited by parkerman; 03-03-2013 at 07:32.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I had such a good day yesterday that I thought I had to share it!

Firstly, it was my grandson Harry's 6th birthday, so we went and helped him celebrate at a small party for family only (his choice). It was wonderful seeing him so happy opening and playing with his new presents and blowing out the candles on his birthday cake etc. etc.

When we got back from that I went down to my theatre (the West Cliff, Clacton-on-Sea - I am chairman of the board of trustees that runs the theatre for those who don't know) where I met Fairport Convention as they arrived to set up and do their sound test. I first saw Fairport back in September 1968 and they instantly became my favourite band (I was very into folk music) and have remained so to this day, so to actually have them at the West Cliff and to get to meet them after being a fan for 45 years...well, you can imagine how I felt!

I then settled down to watch the show with Linda (my wife), also a big fan. It was fantastic, lived up to all my expectations. But even better, during the performance they actually dedicated one of their songs to me as one of their longest standing fans and, unbeknown to me, they had signed a poster for me which they gave me after the show. What an evening!

Absolutely brilliant.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

14. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (03-03-2013)

Thread Information