Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rage Against The Machine -

X Factor judge Simon Cowell has criticised the internet campaign, calling it "stupid".

Prior to the final of the ITV talent show, he said: "I think the campaign's aimed directly at me."
    Yes, we're fed up of your money grabbing attempts to get the christmas number one.
    Thanks CrazyLea

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

DaVeyWaVey (16-12-2009), StarsOfCCTV (15-12-2009), tammyy2j (16-12-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    who would want this noisy horrible rock song for christmas number 1??? stupid campaign if you ask me.
    i totally 100% agree with you there, Joe all the way to the top of the charts for xmas

http://www.ladbrokes.co.uk/lbr_sport...&key=210000113

ratm favourite to be number 1 now!!!

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by jingle bells View Post
    who would want this noisy horrible rock song for christmas number 1??? stupid campaign if you ask me.
    i totally 100% agree with you there, Joe all the way to the top of the charts for xmas
    Yeah, bless him. This song IS CRAP!

I agree with the whole maybe X-factor shouldnt be xmas number one every year, but this is a blatant attempt to piss of simon cowell.

Its really unfair on Joe to, he is an amazing singer and the song is allright, and if he goes to number one because people want to buy his song and like it then fair enough. if you'd won the X Factor, wouldn't you hope to be Christmas number one? especially seeing as he's only 18.

If there was another good decent song out that had a fair chance of being number one, it would be acceptable but THIS is just to spite them and I think it is really horrible and stupid!

JOE FOR XMAS NUMBER ONE!!!

*trots off to buy his new single*

Quote Originally Posted by freckleface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jingle bells View Post
    Yeah, bless him. This song IS CRAP!

I agree with the whole maybe X-factor shouldnt be xmas number one every year, but this is a blatant attempt to piss of simon cowell.

Its really unfair on Joe to, he is an amazing singer and the song is allright, and if he goes to number one because people want to buy his song and like it then fair enough. if you'd won the X Factor, wouldn't you hope to be Christmas number one? especially seeing as he's only 18.

If there was another good decent song out that had a fair chance of being number one, it would be acceptable but THIS is just to spite them and I think it is really horrible and stupid!

JOE FOR XMAS NUMBER ONE!!!

*trots off to buy his new single*
    Look back over the last five years. How many of the winners are still bringing music out? Two out of five.

Go even further than that and ask how many successful acts have come out of shows like this (Popstars, Fame Academy etc). Leona, Girls Aloud and Alexandra.

Simon Cowel and Simon Fuller have shown that they're only interested in people for a matter of months as a cash cow. These shows have a very low success rate and it's about time they were banned altogether.

That's why people have a problem with the X Factor single being number one and that's why I downloaded Rage Against The Machine. The sooner these money mad "celebrities" learn that we're not interested in the drivel they help produce, the better.

Let's have some decent music back in the charts instead of this manufactured ****
    Thanks CrazyLea

I agree that it does not have to be the X Factor winner who gets the Christmas no. 1 but there is no need to go down the RATM road either. There are other good songs around at the moment and I for one would not have minded The Soldiers doing well, all proceeds go to charity which is what Christmas should be about, caring for and supporting others less fortunate. Just my opinion.

Will Young!!!!

Major continuing success as an artist.

I really hope it gets to Number 1. I really liked the song long before the campaign anyway and it'll make a change to have something refreshing at the top of the charts over Christmas.

People who say it isn't very Christmassy, well on Christmas Day I'm sure many are tempted to say "**** you, I won't do what you tell me!"

Joe is a good singer, but X Factor being Number 1 at Christmas is getting really boring and tedious now. RATM for Christmas Number 1!

i think Joe is a good singer too and I'm sure he will be pleased to get either number 1 or 2....sure he would prefer no 1 but he's in a way better position than he was a few months ago!!!

RATM Killing in the name has always been one of my favourite songs though, takes me back to my younger grunge days!!! So I'm not just buying it to beat Simon Cowell to no 1, i am buying it because i really like the song.

joe's song isnt really christmasy either is it??

Rage Against The Machine performed an uncensored rendition of Killing In The Name' on BBC Radio 5Live this morning.

The rock act appeared on the station's breakfast show to promote the campaign to get their track to Christmas number one. It is currently winning in a chart battle with X Factor victor Joe McElderry.

However, during the crescendo of their performance, frontman Zach De La Rocha screamed the lyrics, "F**k you, I won't do what you tell" repeatedly.

Hosts Nicky Campbell and Shelagh Fogarty apologised afterwards, explaining that they had asked the band to censor the track.

Earlier, the group thanked fans who had organised the festive chart campaign, arguing that it had tapped into a "silent majority" or "real fans of music".

"This has been a real grassroots campaign from real fans of music, which has tapped into the silent majority who are tired of being spoon-fed one schmaltzy ballad after another - they want to take back their own charts," said guitarist Tom Morello. "We are honoured they have chosen our song to be the rebel anthem to topple the X Factor monopoly."

He also disputed claims that their track reaching number one would benefit Simon Cowell as it is released by Sony Records.

"People are not buying 'Killing In The Name' to protest at a record being released by a big record company," said Morello. "We wrote the song in a small industrial slum in Los Angeles. The X Factor song was produced by a cabal of overpaid songwriters to shove that schmaltzy business down your throat."

He also explained that the "windfall" of earnings they would make from the campaign would be donated to homeless charity Shelter.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/ne...rformance.html

Thread Information