Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbara Windsor - Peggy Mitchell

Former EastEnders star Barbara Windsor has refused to rule out a return to the long-running soap.

The 74-year-old actress played Peggy Mitchell - the rambunctious owner of the Queen Vic - for 16 years, leaving the programme almost two years ago.

Appearing on an upcoming episode of The Rob Brydon Show, the comedian asked Windsor whether she would ever consider returning to Albert Square, to which she replied: "Never say never."

Windsor joined the soap full-time in 1994, and was presented with the Lifetime Achievement Award at the British Soap Awards in 2010.

The former Carry On star has already returned to the soap once, after a debilitating case of the Epstein-Barr virus forced her to take a two-year sabbatical in 2003.

Windsor departed the soap again in 2010, as Peggy left Walford after her son Phil - who was addicted to heroin at the time - burnt down the Queen Vic in an act of revenge.

Former EastEnders star Barbara Windsor has refused to rule out a return to the long-running soap.

The 74-year-old actress played Peggy Mitchell - the rambunctious owner of the Queen Vic - for 16 years, leaving the programme almost two years ago.

Appearing on an upcoming episode of The Rob Brydon Show, the comedian asked Windsor whether she would ever consider returning to Albert Square, to which she replied: "Never say never."

Windsor joined the soap full-time in 1994, and was presented with the Lifetime Achievement Award at the British Soap Awards in 2010.

The former Carry On star has already returned to the soap once, after a debilitating case of the Epstein-Barr virus forced her to take a two-year sabbatical in 2003.

Windsor departed the soap again in 2010, as Peggy left Walford after her son Phil - who was addicted to heroin at the time - burnt down the Queen Vic in an act of revenge.

Oh Alan will be happy
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Oh Alan will be happy
    Absolutely delighted that this sad old crone wants to return to Deadenders. Just gives me another reason not to watch it., The return of miss Piggy and her black leather jacket as wel as the bright orange Kat were reason enough
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Last edited by alan45; 14-07-2012 at 20:10.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Oh Lord No. Actually I'm not surprised she hasn't ruled out a return I'm more surprised it's taken her this long to admit she wants to back. Now we will have to suffer her and Mr Beetroot endless pleas to bring back Grunt again

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

i dont think we need babs back, ee is doing just fine. we have a new matricach in the form of the wonderful ann mitchell.
    The People's Channel

Barbara Windsor has spoken of her discontent at the standards of punctuality on EastEnders.

Shona McGarty, who plays Walford's Whitney Dean, was recently given a four-week suspension from the BBC soap for "persistently being late".

Albert Square legend Windsor, who quit her famous role as Peggy Mitchell in late 2010, also commented upon an old feud with former co-star Jessie Wallace (Kat Slater) over timekeeping.

Windsor told The Mirror: "It's common knowledge I fell out with Jessie because she was late sometimes. I am sure she has changed now. The business has changed though.

"June Brown, who plays Dot Cotton, says I should provide a masterclass to those starting out.

"Punctuality is important to me. You have to be early and dressed. There were no jeans in my day. When I started off, if you were late you got a ticking off. Then you got a fine and then you were out."

The 74-year-old Carry On star added: "Everybody was late or everybody was talking on their mobiles. I don't like that but the governors are not so strict now. It's a generational thing. It was difficult.

"It was not their fault as it starts at the top. If they are not taught it then it is not there. A lot of the young stars have not had to work their way up."

duplicate post
    Last edited by Perdita; 15-07-2012 at 12:26.

What the hell has EE punctuality got to do with Barabara Windsor ,none of her business should keep her nose out. She left the show and that's it, and all about it .So remove your snout out of the trough. EE won't get its long needed revival by you coming back, so byyyyyye.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

alan45 (16-07-2012)

Thread Information