Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbara Windsor - Peggy Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Former EastEnders actress Barbara Windsor has admitted that she misses the team spirit that came with being part of the soap's ensemble cast.

Windsor made the decision to leave EastEnders earlier this year after playing matriarch Peggy Mitchell for 16 years, and her final scenes on the show aired in September.

The actress will next appear as part of the cast of pantomime Dick Whittington. She claims that the job has helped her move on from her days as a soap star.

\"We started rehearsal on Monday and it was great, that camaraderie,\" Windsor told Holy Soap. \"That's the only thing I've missed since I left EastEnders is that camaraderie.\"

Of her upcoming role playing Fairy Babs Bowbells, the actress said: \"I'm nervous but a very excited nervous. I'm like a little girl.\"

Windsor makes her debut in Dick Whittington at the Bristol Hippodrome on December 11 and the show is scheduled to run until January 9.
    Already posted http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...ead-the-boards

Barbara Windsor has signed up to appear in Comedy Roast.

The Channel 4 show will see a host of celebrities pay tribute to the former EastEnders star with praise and comedic insults.

The lineup includes comedians such as Alan Carr, Sean Lock, Rich Hall and Paddy Kielty, while actors including Bernard Cribbins, Cheryl Fergison and Christopher Biggins will also take part.

Windsor will receive messages from stars who are unable to attend the event, including Michael Sheen, Leslie Phillips and the cast of EastEnders.

Previous Roast participants include Davina McCall, Bruce Forsyth, Chris Tarrant and Sharon Osbourne. Windsor's episode will air as part of Channel 4's Winter 2011 lineup.

EastEnders legend Barbara Windsor has vowed never to pull another pint in the Queen Vic ... because her character Peggy would hate its new look.
    Babs, 73, who played the feisty landlady for 16 years until last year’s fire which led to the change, said: “It’s not my pub any more – it’s not the way it was.
    “Peggy wouldn’t want to be in there and I wouldn’t want to be in there. All those green stripes and leopard-print stools? Peggy will never pull a pint in that pub the way it looks now.”
    The Carry On legend said she was as busy as ever since *leaving the show in September – and nowhere near ready to *consider returning. And she thought her character would burn to death in the fire storyline.
    Barbara said: “I would have been fine if they’d killed Peggy off. I never said, ‘Please keep Peggy alive.’ I’m eternally grateful for the show and what it’s done for me.
    “But I genuinely thought I’d go up in flames at the Queen Vic. When I found out about the fire I thought, ‘Oh sh*t.’
    “It was scary reading that script. But I didn’t think Peggy deserved to burn.
    "Everything Peggy ever did she cocked up. The kids, the Vic and she b***ered up loads of lives. She knew she had to go and I love the fact that she’s out there somewhere.”
    The star says she’s having the time of her life now she’s free from the gruelling filming schedules of the BBC1 soap.
    She says her obsession with her *character started to interfere with her 10-year *marriage to Scott Mitchell, 47.
    Barbara said: “Scott turned around to me one day and said, ‘Can I say something to you – whatever we talk about you bring it back to EastEnders.’ I was mortified. The Square was taking over my life.”

The star said her youthful looks are down to no longer being under the pressure of the soap.
    She said: “Not being in *EastEnders has turned back my clock. I’ve not been touched up or had any surgery – cross my heart.”
    Babs, who is playing Fairy *Bowbells in the panto Dick *Whittington in Bristol, revealed she has turned down many *requests to go on reality TV.
    She said: “I was offered the jungle, then they *wanted me to do the Arctic and save polar bears and one *wanted to get me going down the Zambezi *River.”
    Barbara is taking part in Pantomime season, sponsored by Robinsons. To book tickets to see Dick Whittington at the Bristol Hippodrome, visit www.firstfamilyentertainment.co.uk

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...#ixzz17DFJSgG0
    Last edited by Perdita; 05-12-2010 at 05:36.

I've not been touched up
    Oh well, there's a first time for everything...
    Last edited by parkerman; 05-12-2010 at 10:52.

Hilarious one liner from Paddy Kielty tonight on the Poison Dwarfs Roast on C4

It's a bit risqué so dont read if easily offended

Spoiler:
    Barbara Windsor has had more criminals in her than the dock of the Old Bailey

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-01-2011), Siobhan (10-01-2011)

TELLY legend Barbara Windsor has told how she used to HATE her famous boobs. Former EastEnders star Babs, 74, says her first bra fitting as a young woman changed her life — and she is now making a drama about it.

The 4ft 11in actress said of her 36C bust: "People will be shocked to learn that I wasn't always the confident, feisty blonde that I am today — and how two of my greatest assets were the bane of my life."

Babs will star in an episode of Sky1's Little Crackers, which features key moments in celebrities' lives.

She said: "After more than 74 years on this planet, how do you choose one moment that changed your life? There have been so many." But Barbara, known for her bra mishaps in the Carry On films, added: "Little Crackers has given me a chance to reveal one of those moments."

In the short dramatised film, to air at Christmas, a young Barbara, played by newcomer Samantha White, attends the bra fitting after becoming embarrassed by her developing figure.

Made in Dagenham's Sally Hawkins will play her mum, and Barbara has a cameo role as the kindly lingerie fitter.

Other celebrities due to appear in the second series of Little Crackers include comic Harry Hill, actress Sheridan Smith and Loose Women star Sally Lindsay.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-my-boobs.html

TELLY legend Barbara Windsor

9. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (13-10-2011)

TELLY Legend Barbara Windsor
    The woman is a legend

IN HER OWN MIND

I don't know why she is complaining about her bosom. It got her plenty of work because as sure as he'll it wasn't for her acting abilities

Ex-EastEnders star Barbara Windsor has admitted that she misses her former colleagues.

The actress, who left her iconic role as Peggy Mitchell last year, said that the cast and crew are the only aspect of the BBC One soap she misses.

"I miss the camaraderie and my mates. I loved coming into work and seeing everyone, the wardrobe and make-up people and runners. I miss that. That's about it," she told Metro.

Asked if she would ever return to the show, Windsor replied: "I don't know. I don't think so at the moment. She just went off, didn't she? I worried about leaving EastEnders but I've been very busy this year. I don't want to give the business up - it's looking bright."

Speaking of her proudest career moment, she added: "Being part of two great British institutions - Carry On and EastEnders - and to still be working."

She previously confessed that retiring from the world of soap had driven her mad.

Windsor recently said that she is "devastated" over Pam St Clement's departure from EastEnders, adding that she will be "sorely missed".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (19-12-2011)

Obviously her toy boy lover doesn't keep her busy enough
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information