Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbara Windsor - Peggy Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Referring to the above article, Peggy didn't leave for no reason. Didn't they notice that the love of Peggy's life, the Queen Vic, had burnt down?
    The Queen Vic will be rebuilt so not really a reason to leave. What about her precious FAIRMILLEEEE. Surely they would be a reason to stay. After all shes the one who always talked about how precious FAIRMILEE is.

IMHO the poor reason for Peggy leaving is that the luvvies at the BBC want to keep the door open for her possible return which doubtless she will when the work dries up.

Have to disagree with you about her being Queen of the Vic. For me it will always be Angie.

Dazzle.. I have to agree with Alan.. Angie will always be Queen of the vic for me and if that is living in the past so be it... Den and Angie were the best Vic owners in the history of EE... There is just some places you associate with people.. like Bet Lynch in the Rovers... Alan Turner in the woolpack.. they just fit!!
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Dazzle.. I have to agree with Alan.. Angie will always be Queen of the vic for me and if that is living in the past so be it...
    I didn't mean anything by it, Siobhan. I like Barbara Windsor and just get irked at seeing her put down on these boards all the time. At least now she's gone, Alan'll have to find another target. I don't mind Kym Marsh bashing, since I happen to agree with that

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

alan45 (20-09-2010), Siobhan (20-09-2010)

I didn't mean anything by it, Siobhan. I like Barbara Windsor and just get irked at seeing her put down on these boards all the time. At least now she's gone, Alan'll have to find another target. I don't mind Kym Marsh bashing, since I happen to agree with that
    Different horses for different courses.

There are plenty of useless actors in all three soaps to keep me occupied.

Glad we agree about Kym Marsh though

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-09-2010)

I know you didn't.. I like Peggy too, everyone will remember her catch phrases but she annoyed me so much with the "family" thing or "you're a mitchell".. but only when it suited her... She didn't give a toss about Billy until she needed something from him... and as Alan said.. for something that meant so much to her (the vic and her family) she walked about from both of them without a bother.... I always found Peggy as a character so hypocritical. I don't rate Barbara windsor as a good actress either.. she is average but she does hold a high opinion of her self...
    Super Mod

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-09-2010)

I liked Peggy when she first appeared played barbara windsor. She gradually particuarly towards the end started to become obsessed about the Queen Vic and having it back. Her character flaws were highlighted by Phil and for years had controlled her children and her grand children-I still believe peggy has gone to live with Grant or hopfully gone to start a life of her own and not live through her children/grandchildren. Barbara Windsor had taken upon herslef to become the face of Eastenders and rubbed Adam Woodyat and Wendy Richards RIP in it when they should have been acepting it/them as they were/are the longest serving cast member, I don't remember Adam/Wendy going up and saying a speech even EE won best soap. I remember watching her WDYTYA and she did come accross as a bit of a snob

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Buster99 For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (20-09-2010)

I saw Babs in a Bingo advert this afternoon. Oh dear!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (20-09-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I saw Babs in a Bingo advert this afternoon. Oh dear!!!
    Something which shouldnt strain her limited abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Something which shouldnt strain her limited abilities.
    Actually I think it did....

""come on boys show us your balls ""

Cue dirty laugh

Yes I think you are correct Parkerman. This was beyond her limited talent. Oh how the 'mighty' have fallen. From self appointed queen of the Vic to sad old Bingo Queen

Thread Information