Thread: Getting Back Home?

Question Getting Back Home?

As some of you may know I will be turning 18 soon which means I will be partying away! So far my height has stopped me from going into the city and clubbing out there..
    Now that I will be 18 soon, I feel a bit lost.. It will take me an hour by tube to get home, I will be drinking safely and I don't plan on getting so drunk I have lost control of myself or anything like that.
    1) How do you guys get home after party late at night?
    I don't usually take a cardigan or anything when I go to parties as it's usually fairly local but 2) should I consider doing so as I will be travelling far and it's getting cold? - Sound like my mum haha
    Thank-you very much in advance! x

I usually:
    1. Drive next to a bus stop so I have an easy way of getting back. (although no drinking then!)

2. Make sure I have someone to come home with, or, you could ask to stay the night at someones house & just leave early morning.

3. Take a group taxi back (depending on distance).
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

I usually take a taxi or walk, depending on where I am going. No further than a five miles so a different case.

Is there someone that can pick you up? Or maybe stay over in a hotel or B&B and go home the next day. Staying close to where you are going out would be much safer than the tube in the early hours of the morning when you have been drinking.

I don't usually take a jacket or anything but, like I say, I don't stray that far. If you're planning on spending a lot of time in clubs then you'll probably get hot and not want a cardigan with you. It's slightly easier in pubs as you can take it off and put it next to you or whatever.

As for the planning on not getting drunk, I wouldn't bank on that

We tend to get a bus together back from town in Manchester is it is early in the morning, and then get a taxi from the last stop to our house, or walk. Its much cheaper this way. Always try and stick together though, i wouldnt advise walking by yourself even if you have only had a little bit to drinnk.

I usually always take a jacket because i tend to freeze!!!

usually i get a taxi with my mates or bribe someone to come and get me (although this usually means being very very nice to them on the days leading up to asking them)

Always go out with a close group of friends, who you know are there for you and who you can trust. Stick with them and go home on the tube with them. Safety in numbers and all that.

This is what me and my friends do and we always walk back home and each other home after a night out. Failing that we get a taxi.

I should have mentioned this earlier.. Going out with friends will not be an issue.. But I am planning on going out with my cousins and they live on the other side of the city! So I will be travelling back home alone.. I am guessing you are all going to say 'go by taxi' right? x

Absolutely, get a cab, PLEASE xx

Can you not stay at your cousin's afterwards then travel back on the bus or something the next day?
    When i go out i always go with friends and come back with them - wheather that means taxi or walking (now im at uni - i'm in the city walking isn't an issue)

Are there any night buses you can get home instead of paying for a taxi on your own?

When out in clubs limit your drinks, have 1 alcoholic drink then a soft drink/water because you may not feel yourself getting drunk but once you hit the fresh air believe me you will.

Always have something to eat before you go out. Never go out drinking on an empty tummy.

See if you can stayover at your cousins instead of having to travel home on your own. If not get them to wait with you until you get a taxi so your not left alone.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information