Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Jacksons return to EastEnders!

The Jacksons return to EastEnders!

Lindsey Coulson, Natalie Cassidy and Dean Gaffney are to return to EastEnders in the New Year as the Jackson family reunite ahead of the show's 25th anniversary.

Carol, Sonia and Robbie head back to Albert Square in the early part of next year, much to the shock of their Walford-based relatives, who include Bianca (Patsy Palmer) and Branning brothers Max (Jake Wood) and Jack (Scott Maslen).

Coulson made her last appearance as Carol on October 7, 1999 when she left to care for her sick mother who subsequently died. Earlier that year, Carol made the shocking discovery that her daughter Bianca was having an affair with her then-partner Dan Sullivan (Craig Fairbrass) and a bitter showdown in The Queen Vic resulted in Bianca leaving Walford. Since parting ways, mother and daughter have barely spoken.

Speaking of her return, Coulson said: "I'm thrilled to be returning to EastEnders after all these years. I'm also excited and intrigued to find out what Carol and her family have been up to since we last saw her and where she will be going next."

Meanwhile, Cassidy decided to take a break from the soap after playing Sonia for 14 years and made an early screen departure in February 2007. She left Albert Square with her husband Martin (James Alexandrou) and daughter Rebecca.

Of her comeback, Cassidy stated: "To be invited back to EastEnders is such an honour and I am very, very excited that Sonia is coming back. For me, to be reunited with the original Jacksons is a dream come true and I think it will be a fantastic storyline."

Third returnee Gaffney initially left the BBC soap in February 2003 when his character Robbie migrated to India for a new life with girlfriend Nita Mistry (Bindya Solanki). He did, however, make a brief return in June 2004 for his half-sister Sonia's wedding to Martin.

Gaffney enthused: "I am really looking forward to returning to EastEnders for what looks set to be a really exciting storyline. I was thrilled when Diederick called me personally to ask for Robbie to return once more and working alongside Lindsey, Natalie and Patsy again makes it all the more special. I'm sure with the family being reunited it will mean that there must be a lot of drama in store."

Of the Jacksons' reunion, EastEnders' executive producer Diederick Santer commented: "I'm so excited to see Lindsey back at EastEnders and the fact that we've got Natalie and Dean as well makes it extra special. This family were the original EastEnders Jackson Five, and I can't wait to see how they've grown and changed. These returns all contribute to the excitement and drama of EastEnders' 25th anniversary."

A Walford source told DS: "Everything's being kept hush-hush about the Jacksons' return at the moment, but there are certainly a load of questions to be answered. Will the frosty relationship between Carol and Bianca thaw? Are Sonia and Martin still together? And how will Robbie react when he learns of his beloved Wellard's death? Everyone's so pleased to have them back."

Carol's youngest son - and the apple of her eye - Billy will also return to the Square at the same time. He was originally played by Devon Anderson but the character's final casting has yet to be confirmed.

After EastEnders, Anderson went on to appear in Channel 4 teen soap Hollyoaks. His character Sonny Valentine, however, mysteriously disappeared from the programme's storylines in 2007. It was subsequently reported that he was axed over "alleged timekeeping issues".

Bosses have made no mention of remaining Jackson clan member Alan, played at the time by Howard Antony.

Coulson, Cassidy, Gaffney and the yet-to-be-cast Billy are due to begin filming in the next few weeks and will make their screen reappearance in the New Year.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

Dutchgirl (27-10-2009), Florijo (25-10-2009), lizann (26-10-2009), sindydoll (25-10-2009)

Carol returning is great news. Bianca, Tiff, Liam, Ricky, Pat, Jim, Max, Jack and the family are all there. Not bothered about Sonia or Robbie though, never liked them.

Didnt Lindsey Coulson state she would never return??????

Quote Originally Posted by thestud2k7 View Post
    Didnt Lindsey Coulson state she would never return??????
    I swear other EE actors who returned have said that also.

brilliant news to wake up to thanks chris
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

thats great to see Carol back, even though she said she'd never return.

Are they all coming back for good or just for the anniversary?

Wow im glad they are coming back

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Why are they bringing the Jackson clan back ?? Why would Jack and Max be shocked at their return to Walford?? Ok I may not know alot about the Jackson's background but feed back from people who watched them back then would be a plus :-)
    Robbie and Sonia I can remember but do not know much about Carol.. How is Robbie related to Sonia ( it says half sister)?? Robbie can not be that THICK about Wellard dying ( a dog does not live as long as humans ) so why would he be shocked ???

Don't know why they are bringing them back, but they were popular characters. Robbie and Sonia are brother and sister, they had different fathers. Carol Jackson is Jack and Max Branning's sister. They never liked her husband Alan because he is black.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dutchgirl (27-10-2009), JustJodi (25-10-2009)

Thread Information